He considers himself intelligent

>he considers himself intelligent
>he considers himself an enthusiast of philosophy and literature
>yet he can't speak and read french

this is just inexcusable

a knowledge of french is perfunctory for anyone who takes an interest in the liberal arts

explain yourselves right now

THIS IS AMERICA NIGGA WE SPEAK ENGLISH

I'm american and a student of french. Learning french to better understand philosophy and literature is what separates the genre fiction plebs from true patricians.

I'd rather walk the Earth deaf, blind and dumb than give any satisfaction that the French may receive from me learning to speak their language.

You used the word perfunctory incorrectly.

uncultured swine.

>remettre en question ma maîtrise de la langue française
>partir du principe que Veeky Forums est essentiellement composé d'américains

I just noticed that I did and it felt quite bad

maybe it's the alcohol or the sleep deprivation

As someone who actually reads, writes, and speaks French well enough to be considered well written and spoken in France when I visit (though I am sometimes asked where in France I was born, French is not actually my first language and I've never visited there for longer than a month), that's horseshit.

It's certainly good to read and speak French for the reasons you implied. As well English, Russian, Greek, Arabic, and Latin, to name a few.

Stop patting yourself on the back for one measly thing you've done right that others haven't. It's part of a complex of confirmation bias that should repulse you as an intellectual being that desires truth and clarity.

That's not a mistake due to booze or fatigue, that's hubris and ignorance entwined poetically and on garish display.

How old are you? Stop talking like you belong in the 1800s

>i-it's just that I'm drunk... and tired
Embarrassing

Not them, but it's a fair and tonally appropriate response to "deaf, blind, and dumb". Not to mention a common phrase in the current year.

Ah oui, c'est inexcoosabluh

Ces Americaines, ils n'avent pas le couture!

>maybe it's the alcohol or the sleep deprivation

Or maybe you're kind of a dummy, OP.

>not realizing "uncultured" comes from the 1500's and "swine" from the 1200's
UNCULTURED SWINE

>French
Pfffhahahahaha. Gay ass fucking language, useless for philosophy, everyone shallow as fuck... Theres some decent literature, but learning that shit language that degenerates your brain is not worth it.

weeeeeee!
c'est mole'st un baguette??!?
HONHONHONHOHN

I am one, I'm not going to deny it. I have a low IQ.

>french philosophy

if french philosophy is so great why are they flooded with algerians and somalis

its my first tongue cunt