If i would thrown a plugged in haird dryer in the atlantic ocean, would the whole ocean be electrified?

If i would thrown a plugged in haird dryer in the atlantic ocean, would the whole ocean be electrified?

Is it powered by nucular fusion?

Maybe, so what is the equation for how far it would reach?

Not far at all, the salt in the ocean would cause a galvanic reaction and build up of nonconducting substrate on the copper exposed to the ocean and eventually it would stop being a live electrical load.

Even a lightning bolt from the atmosphere does not electrify the ocean for very far or very long, I think the range of electrification is subject to diminishing returns by the square of the distance or something, i would expect

Thanks, i should've paid attention in class

Even if it had an unending supply of electricity consider the potential difference and how electricity works, it would be incredibly hard to match a potential against the entire vast electron sink of the sea for very long

And why do you think that only the Atlantic ocean will be electrified?

lol, i guess it was a half thought-trough thought

Yes, provided the hair dryer and power supply are of adequate size.

how come sea level doesn't rise when i throw stuff into it

They do.

It does actually

Then what if there was no salt at all? In the water

it would still disperse enough to the point where after about 100 yards away there's no charge at all

Distilled water is much less of a conductor than salt water

I imagine we'd had a big problem had this not been the case, is this some form of natural design? Have there been structures or surfaces of substance whiped out or influenced the way electricity like lightning fails effectively to do so with water

What if there's some parallel universe out there with alternate rules to physics. Like where electricity always takes the path of most resistance?

Drop a hairdryer in the ocean and it'll transfer electricity from California to Japan, or just electrocute every single thing in the ocean.

that's because I'm shoveling lots of stuff out of the bottom of the ocean and throw it on the shore at the same time

>sea level rise when i throw stuff into it
you know the ocean level's been rising?
Are you the fucker that's responsible!! I knew global warming was a myth!! It's all this guy's fault!

...eventually.

What do you mean..

That would not by any means sound like a selfpreserving universe

How come the earth is flat because I do not see a curve?

Is that a question?

Better question:

how come sea level doesn't rise when i heat it up with a hair dryer?

Global warming busted.