Tfw I though the reason why girls don't want to study STEM is because of biological sex diferences in interest

>tfw I though the reason why girls don't want to study STEM is because of biological sex diferences in interest
>tfw I didn't knew it was our subconcius social expectations about gender that make girls less interested in STEM
>tfw all those girls that picked literature and psychology rather than STEM because I subconciously though they were dumb bitches
How do we fix this?

How do we make more girls pick STEM?

How do we change society so girls don't get flooded with subconcius messages they can't do STEM?

How do I change my subconcius bias?

>>tfw all those girls that picked literature and psychology rather than STEM because I subconciously though they were dumb bitches

what?

you send subconcius messages to girls in school when they make dumb questions or are bad in math, making them unable to pursuit a carreer in STEM.

I would agree that the gender disparity in STEM is largely due to social expectations of women, there is simply more pressure on them to pronounce their feminine traits rather than other traits like intelligence, which is in and of itself not that desirable.

tl;dr

sucks to be a woman cuz u only want to get dicced and nest with a husband and dont care about anything else p much

i send subconscious messages to anyone that asks idiotic questions or is bad at math

what about all the magnificent single gentlemen in stem? you'd think it would be their first choice.

what would be their first choice

stem major.

why wouldn't it be?

When are boys socially encouraged to enter STEM anyway? Nobody wants their son to be a pencil pushing nerd, boys are encouraged to play football and become business majors. In all honesty over the last ten years girls have been way more "encouraged" to enter STEM while male nerds who everybody hates have been impeded every step of the way. Yet males still come out on top.

gender expectations, apparently.

It's OK to have bias.
STEM is competitive
Most women are not competitive
Therefore, you won't see women in stem until it becomes less competitive.

There's no physical differences between males and females, everyone is equal in ability and everyone is also unique. War is peace.

Men are competitive and are naturally inclined to problem solving. Stuff like STEM and sports provide this sort of challenge. Of course, this is a generalization, there is a large pool of exceptions.

But consider the difference here in what usually happens.
>guy asks stupid question
"Wow that guy sucks at math"
>girl asks stupid question
"Wow girls suck at math"

Okay, but you're just pushing the buck along. Why are women less competitive? Does it have something to do with the way they're raised?

No, you read that at in a SJW comic. Not even once have I thought "wow girls are bad at math". Everyone in math realizes that 99.9% of humans are absolutely retarded and can't math for shit. It is not only women.

I thought it was because STEM classes are full of belligerent faggots.

Nah, anyone of any level of intelligence thinks more like this.
>anyone asks a retarded question, guy or girl
“We need to start releasing bears in low IQ neighborhoods”

>“We need to start releasing bears in low IQ neighborhoods”

I don't think it matters. If we change stem to accommodate weak willed people, men included, then I think we doom ourselves to mediocrity.

This is not how normal people think.

you mean
>if he can do he should do it why bother

>>tfw I though the reason why girls don't want to study STEM is because of biological sex diferences in interest
Yes. That is a decent hypothesis.

>>tfw I didn't knew it was our subconcius social expectations about gender that make girls less interested in STEM
That is not actually a thing.
It is an unfalsifieable claim, without evidence, it is as good a claim as "the Easter bunny is real".
You can safely ignore any person who tells you what is going on in your or someone else's brain.
Should I tell you what you are thinking right now? Would you trust me?

>>tfw all those girls that picked literature and psychology rather than STEM because I subconciously though they were dumb bitches
It is horrible. Your thoughts are dangerous.

>How do we fix this?
Systematic hanging of left leaning social scientists.

>How do we make more girls pick STEM?
By shooting every girl which doesn't.

>How do we change society so girls don't get flooded with subconcius messages they can't do STEM?
We do not.

>How do I change my subconcius bias?
Just do it.

You gotta try hard, OP. Be aware of the patterns in your thinking and try to identify what they mean and what effects they would have if everyone thought that way. You can improve every day!

It's actually the fault of most women. Women tend to be uninterrested in STEM and like to isolate and ignore those that are, especially if that person happens to be a girl. Autistic girls that could've done well in STEM often have their futures stolen by this disgusting behaviour.

How I send subconscious messages to girls to suck my dick?

congrats on getting serious answers senpai

>women are not competitive
Women literally live their lives competing.

>Muh social expectations.
Proofs please.

I agree with you, OP. We need to look toward nations that produce a tremendous amount of female STEM graduates, like Iran and Saudi Arabia, as to how to treat women. 70% of Iran's students in Science and Technology are women; 50% of Saudi Arabia's students in Science and Technology are women. And this is without affirmative action!

We need to create conditions in society where women can flourish as people and not as sexual creatures. Sadly, we're going to have to make some sacrifices. Like our progressive Middle Eastern counterparts, we're going to need to criminalize make-up, seductive clothing, and clothing that shows skin. We will also need to criminalize so-called "degenerate" influences on women, which range from pop music to Instagram personalities. Of course, we'll also need to completely separate women and men in virtually every facility imaginable. Lastly, we'll need to keep women as close as possible to the patriarchal figure in their household, as he knows best for them.

If we perform these actions, we will finally be able to see women in STEM like our progressive Arabian and Iranian counterparts.

You can't make that sacrifice and have it all. Iranian woman are feminists so they will obviously dress slutty and be obsessed with their social media and looks.

Why is that doggo so sad :(

>Gender, Nature, and Nurture by Richard Lippa
>meta analysis of several hundred psych and neuroscience studies
>concludes that nature and nurture are both significant

You don't possibly think that men and women have differently structured brains and would prefer different fields of study?

Make girls pick STEM
Make men pick arts
STEM field gets automated by robots
Bitches must sell themselves to survive
???
PROFIT!

Well people have tried the first part of that (make women pick STEM) but it seems to be having a negative effect almost like people don't want to be pressured into shit they aren't good at or have no interest in.

Asking the real questions
>literally no one guessed my twist conclusion!

Yeah, he's a confirmed mediocre-IQ brainlet.

>How do we fix this?
>How do we make more girls pick STEM?
>How do we change society so girls don't get flooded with subconcius messages they can't do STEM?

You want to make women more like man? gay af

>How do I change my subconcius bias?

Kill yourself

We are doing more and more inclusive stuff in STEM, for example, Spivak coined Spivak pronouns, a set of English gender-neutral pronouns

>gay af
Why the homophobia?

t. faggot

dated a girl recently who got an A in cal 2 when I only got a B. We get to physics the next semester and she drops and changes her major to american sign language.

I think women don't have a lot of encouragement to engage in activities that promote spacial problem solving. A lot of men aren't interested in STEM either and I think that has to do with them not being presented with these activities either.

>>How do we fix this?
>>How do we make more girls pick SEMEN?
>>How do we change society so girls don't get flooded with subconcius messages they can't do SEMEN?

I think the base flaws exist in the educational system, the media and the peer group in general. Start young. Get girls to be familiar with code and practical math at a young age. With the rise of the internet there are a lot of possibilities for educational modules to get young girls interested in Science and Mathematics.

Secondly, interest might not be the only roadblock. There needs to institutional and financial access, and viable opportunities. I am personally against using reservation as a method for representation, but perhaps a better environment to get women have their own companies? Easier access to research grants? These are shots in the dark.

why is this place so full of cucks

Yeah, remeber when you were in school and teacher would grab girls by the shoulder and yell "YOU AIN'T GUNNA BE NUFFIN, GURL!"?

denigrating men at every opportunity should fix the problem

because it's mostly engineering and cs students and grads here...

I just think "no, you're wrong." Sometimes I even think "try again."

The female brain is not made for math/logic,the most it can do is biology(which is only memorization)

females were a mistake