Is there a better cooking show...

Is there a better cooking show? It ended up being surprisingly good considering that it initially came from food network.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=srVI_w2EnDE
youtube.com/watch?v=-KZO7NW4vdE
youtube.com/watch?v=lD-e9eLhW0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Q56r1t-FNb8
youtube.com/watch?v=rOl_JbJJfEI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ovc2Q-zdoyM
cleanplatter.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/the-taste-of-disillusionment/
youtube.com/watch?v=Odc73HTJScc
youtube.com/watch?v=GMBWCRbejnE
cleanplatter.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/the-taste-of-disillusionment/#comment-183);
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alton Brown is a homophobic gun toting bigot.
Best show food network has.

Nothing has come close

Food wishes has surpassed him

If only most of the episodes weren't about seafood...

Way better than guy fieri
youtube.com/watch?v=srVI_w2EnDE
youtube.com/watch?v=-KZO7NW4vdE
youtube.com/watch?v=lD-e9eLhW0Y

>Educational/informative
>Entertaining skits, feels like the show was made with love
>Interesting tidbits
>Alton Brown is charismatic

Meme show or not, I have literally never enjoyed a food-based show more than Good Eats. I've been watching it since I was a kid, and I recently found that the Cooking channel airs it every night.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q56r1t-FNb8
THE FIRST AND BEST

youtube.com/watch?v=rOl_JbJJfEI

>an alcoholic cooks around the world
literally what is better?

marathon today

Well then, prepare to get lit OP

youtube.com/watch?v=Ovc2Q-zdoyM

Emeril live was better. that show was great.

I really dig good eats also, very informative. I watch some reruns of the first few seasons and it's wild how much it changed while staying the same and getting better

Emeril live always had an info-mercial vibe to it though.

That's because Emeril is nothing but a washed out infomercial guy.

I never thought of it that way. maybe because I was such a fan, and the live aspect was great.
I don't remember him pushing certain products except his essence and he never mentioned it available in stores, that I recall. but my memory is cloudy maybe the seasoning wasn't available until the show ended

>is
20 years ago he wasn't washed out. He was on top and gave food network a name. to bad they went down hill since then

His episode about Creole cooking was preposterous. He said we don't make spicy food. We do.

i didn't mean it like he was trying to sell things, just that the audience made me think of an info-mercial. His food always looked great though.

His entire set ran like an infomercial.
He may not have been selling ovens or some bullshit, but it was still an infomercial.

The PBS shows, any of them, are head and shoulders above anything on commercial /tv/. Lidia Bastianich, Martha Stewart, Steve Reichlen, John Besh, Prudhomme, Julia Childs.

>better cut out that .01% drain on the federal budget that is PBS since they pointed out the foibles of our current Orville Faubus.

i find the guy annoying, but i neve rheard him be homophobic

He almost punched a fag that wanted to hug him.

cleanplatter.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/the-taste-of-disillusionment/

This is true in some ways. Chef John's baking videos are shit though. The baklava video wasn't that bad.

Pfffff.
This is too good, little princess got his fee fees hurt.

you forgot cook's country, the best one on there

Too informative. I can't do this.

America's test kitchen is much better in my opinion. Cooking methods are based in science much like Good Eats but doesn't show recipes that take all fucking day or require 10 different pots and pans like Alton does

It's a kids show.

>He's in Cedar rapids, not Ames
The fuck is this dizzy cunt talking about Ames is a million times more liberal than CR.

Currently on S9. I just wish that the quality of this torrent was better but I am loving it all and will be sad when I finish it. It has really inspired me to try new ways to cook or new recipes.
Plus this and the early 2000s feel.

>homophobic
I'm pretty sure he left the Southern Baptist church because they oppose fag marriage.

That was a great read.

Holy crap, the cringe is real

Alton water u doing

>ywn experience late 90s food network ever again
>ywn say BAM along with emeril for the first time ever again
>ywn discover kitchen stadium for the first time ever again
>ywn learn the science behind waffles for the first time ever again
>ywn get pissed off they're playing sara moulton reruns mid day ever again

Absolutely based

"a real live negro"
lost it

Food Wishes is better in making cooking accessible to everyone. Serious Eats and America's Test Kitchen are better in explaining why a dish taste good.

>ywn never learn that once a challenger has beaten the iron chef that he will gain the people's ovation and fame forever
:((((((

It was a great show. The recipes (especially because you had to buy a brand new unitasker for each one) were shit. But it was a great show.

Da fuq is wrong with his hand?

>good eats
>unitasker heavy recipes

What did he mean by this?

>ywn watch your hipster nephew make a shitty American version of your show.

Almost every episode he takes you to go buy new and almost useless equipment abd that asian chick works at all the stores.

>ywn say BAM along with emeril for the first time ever again
I fucking hated that man and his fans so much..

Can't really think of any unitaskers there user, most were just basic things you'd normally expect to be in a kitchen, and especially they'd be multi-purpose.
Alton was really autismo about unitaskers the entire show.

... I have vague memories of the show and just wanted ro be part of the conversation..

Oh. Well he did have a fucking horrible hardon for DIY solutions that tended to complicate things needlessly, you can rag on him for that.

Brown hated unitaskers.
If you were compelled to buy one after he told you on he magic picture box to not buy one that is on you.

>ywn see the food network that predated the endless stream of shit from reality competitions again

Fucking women.

Currently binging on this show to catch some comfy. A random interview came up where he was at Google. He can be uber cringey, but we're all virgin basement dwelling autists here so, whatever. I remember the cringe coming out big when feasting on asphalt came out around when he started getting pretty big. Good Eats was awesome for what it was but Alton is to food network is as Jim Carrey is to hollywood. He needs all attention on him and is a complete over-actor to get it. Still wouldn't be able to cook without him though.

>Is there a better cooking show?

Definitely.

youtube.com/watch?v=Odc73HTJScc

youtube.com/watch?v=GMBWCRbejnE

Yes.

Tough Crowd, he should do stand up

>Now. Maybe I’m misinterpreting the protectionist sentiment, here, but what’s wrong with Chinese canned goods?
This nigga

>yfw that first beer of the day

Eh, if you read the comments, it seems Alton's not that bad (cleanplatter.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/the-taste-of-disillusionment/#comment-183); the author was apparently writing with a stick up his ass because of some bad jokes.

>I don’t want this to be a “I’m a liberal and my hero’s a conservative; ergo he is no longer my hero” entry
>Turns it into a “I’m a liberal and my hero’s a conservative; ergo he is no longer my hero” entry

Sounds like he has more then sticks up his ass.

Are you saying liberals have a one track mind?

Feasting on Asphalt is actually pretty good, senpai

I watched it. There was one episode where he was trying to school this older couple in a camper on how to make proper coffee. Kinda went a little autismo on them.