Pizza and nachos are the trendy foods of the 80s and 90s. Bring to mind video arcades, movie theaters...

Pizza and nachos are the trendy foods of the 80s and 90s. Bring to mind video arcades, movie theaters, convenience stores, other cool places to hang out back then and enjoy these popular foods

Rock music, but the question is what are the popular foods of the 00s/2010s? Seems America has lost a lot of it's charm in terms of food these days

Other urls found in this thread:

institucional.pizzahut.com.br/rj/promocoes-restaurante
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 2000s were pretty much like the 90s until 2008.
As far as the 2010s, it changes like every 3 months. I can't keep up.

I think pizza and nachos are timeless. I never think about the nineties when eating pizza. I think about how trendy pizza has been for a long time, and then I eat my food.

Pesto was another trendy hipster thing in the 90's. As far as the 2000's, no particular dish comes to mind, just shitty memes like gluten-free. One thing that blew up after the 2000's rolled around was bottled water. Prior to 2000, bottled water was something you rarely saw outside of things like concerts and sporting events.

>Pesto was another trendy hipster thing in the 90's.

People always forget about how big pesto was.

Ranch was the next big thing.

You know, for many years now I've been trying to figure out what the 2000s were. The 90s definitely had its own vibe, I can definitely remember it, my oldest memory is from the summer of 1993. The biggest changes that the 2000s brought was basically 9/11 (didn't affect my day-to-day life whatsoever, first time I had ever flown to my knowledge was even post-9/11), and the inevitable steady advancements in technology. N64s were swapped out for Gamecubes, this new 'Microsoft XBOX' showed up, the PS2 ("But dad, not only does it play games but you can also use it for CDs and DVDs!"), and then the incredible and seemingly life-like graphics (for the time) with the XBOX 360 and PS3 (does anyone seriously still think one had better graphics than the other?)

I think, in essence, you're right. The 2000s were pretty much like the 90s (not identical of course, but similar) until 2008. What about political change? Well, 9/11, new wars, but that doesn't affect most people's day-to-day. The biggest thing was terrorist attacks, but I don't think that REALLY ramped up until the last few years. I don't know about what food is most popular these days, but I think this decade that we're currently in will be looked back upon by historians as a time of terror, Islamic attacks on the superior western society, mass rapes, and in the end, I think they will look upon President Trump for what he is; a damn good and effective President. The 2010s; when the left went mad. Also, the fidget spinner is definitely going to be an iconic item of present year, maybe also 2016 to a small extent. Like the furbies and trolls and such of the past, now it is fidget spinners, and it ties into how fucking sensitive the left have become. Offended by everything, wanting 'safe spaces', and bullshit like that.

i'm too young to remember the 90s, as is the majority of this board, so why don't you go ask on facebook or wherever old people hang out lmao

>As far as the 2010s, it changes like every 3 months. I can't keep up.
Who can? There's so much more information now, flowing so much faster Thankfully it's mostly bullshit.

quinoa, avodaco, bacon, memes

>genz detectected

You fucks are worse than millennials.

this

Avocado is nice, but restraunts, vendors, and recipe makers have been using it way too much. I'm tired of avocado by now.
However, wasn't bacon popular way before the 00's?
I also think cilantro is a popular garnish now.

2000's:goji berries,redbull,mointan dew,doritos,subway subs,dominos,bacoooon and the early 2000's had alot of stuff from the 90's.Mc flurrys where a big deal in the early 2000's

2010's:guacamole,hummus,monster energy drinks,publix sub,papa johns

bacon, vitamin water, doritos/mountain dew combo

i'm actually a millennial but i don't identify with generations because it's a stupid concept
i just don't remember what things were like before i was 7

Man, I wish dine-in Pizza Huts were still common.

sriracha, grass-fed beef, quinoa, spelt, truffles, lobster mac and cheese, soup dumplings, bubble tea, quesarito, soft serve, Bibimbap

Tacos....everyone loves a trendy taco

>People always forget about how big pesto was.

The 90's was when Italian-inspired food and Italian food in general became a huge thing in America. Stuff like spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread were not staples in American homes and restaurants prior to the 1990's. I don't pretend to know why this is, but I suspect that the glorification of Italian nationalist culture by the media played a part. It had to. That's the way the modern world works. If it's advertised in commercials, TV and movies, it must be worthwhile.

I think it's because 2008 is when cell phones first became cool/easy to acquire and use. Motorola released their family RAZR plans. I actually got compliments when I whipped out my
blackberry in class lmfao.

Then iphones came and blew everyone out of the water.

this. that pizza buffet was the SHIT

This. You wanna know what food is in? Look at people's shirts and water bottles.

>my head says gym, but my heart says tacos
>I'm into fitness whole taco in my mouth
>you had me at tacos
>but first, tacos
>I do it for the tacos
>live every day like it's taco tuesday

NEwsflash dork; Wal*mar owns taco bell(and to some extent the tacho johns')). People aren't buying tacos like they were 5 yeasrs ago, thus more taco shirts promo on Wal*mar shelves more nacho del grandes sold at taco bell. Simpltybusiness.

Avocado Toast

>dude emotions are bad lmao
normies are trully the worst

In Brazil all the Pizza Huts I know are dine-in. No exceptions.

And Buffet became a thing in some of them in the past 10 years or so.
Definitely still going strong.

institucional.pizzahut.com.br/rj/promocoes-restaurante

I really didn't know the US decided to make Pizza Hut a take-out and delivery only establishment.

I wonder why they decided that...
Let's hope we in Brazil can keep our dine-ins and buffets for years to come.

Nobody cares about food any more. The 2010's are all about the autistic screeching.

>I really didn't know the US decided to make Pizza Hut a take-out and delivery only establishment.
No, some Pizza Huts have buffets. Not all of them.

It's okay.

You can still get pizza and nachos at bowling allies and movie theaters

Tfw no one does nachos the best but you. All restaurant nahcos just throws shit on the chips but doesn't bless each chip with beans salad cheese and sauce.

in the 80s and 90s, convenience food evolved from burgers to cool foods that you mentioned

in the 10s we've seen a return to our food with an attempt to make fast-gourmet a thing. they aren't shitty greasy burgers, they're trying to make them attractive

But I love them greasy, of dubious quality and filling as fuck, not as pretensous "hip looking food" bullshit.

Young people don't seem to go out as much. I think it's more about how much you can spend on coffee for this generation. Just what ever is trendy enough to snap a photo of.

The 2010s has these meme "craft" food and beers, and those shitty facebook recipes with the stock music and 3 pounds of cheese on everything

I recall those razor phones being out prior to 2008, when I was still in high school. But yeah, iPhones had a pretty intense impact on people's day-to-day lives for sure, even though I never owned one.

Burgers and milkshakes are the cool foods of the 50s and 60s

How did you Americans drink water before bottled water became a thing? Tap water or what?

stupid shitty sushi and thigs with cheese and bacon YEAH AHHAHAJ TAsytyy1ยด1!!!!

Off yourself

This is either bait or the pityful ranting of an irrelevant flyover cuck.

I'm curious as to where the 'cuck' comment came from.

t. the guy who wrote the comment you replied to.