What do I need to read this?

what do I need to read this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJeW-dyK3hA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Defo don't start Adorno with that. Start with Dialectic of the Enlightenment

Just checked it for you, OP, it's available in english

I ain't interested in Adorno tbqh, I just want get into the aesthetics and heard Aesthetic Theory is v important, but I'm not sure if I can just dive into it directly

my diary desu

2 eyes and a brain

Kant's aesthetics, although Adorno misreads Kant pretty bad

Daily reminder:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJeW-dyK3hA

What the fuck do you think you're doing on a literature board if you're such an anti-intellectual faggot?

Read a book and stop listening to jazz.

^ reminder to hang yourself pol weenie

They weren't any cultural Marxists at my university.
;_;

I feel like I missed out

Dialectic of Englithment is even harder than Aesthetic Theory.

Read Minima Moralia.

I'm jealous, what uni?

Yeah-- Judgement Critique is Kant at his clear best.

I just finished reading the first three volumes of Benjamin's collected works (including letters pertaining to the texts) and none of these ideas are nowhere to be found.
It takes a special kind of retard to take Benjamin's writings literally, he actively tries to warn the reader about this all the time.

Get an anthology - possibly one with commentary - of important writings. Once you're familiar with the big memes (Baumgarten, Kant, Hegel), move on to Adorno and Heidegger's Origin of the Work of Art (both with commentary as well).

I remember reading a post here which predicted that if /pol/acks actually sat down and read Adorno they'd realise they have a lot in common with him. I wonder how true it is.

Very true. They both despise modern society.

Don't know if it was the same post, but I've said this more than once and hope they don't, actually.

i wrote several posts like that. its very, very true.
the only point of dissent would be on the causal effect of their common criticisms. Adorno says capitalism, /pol/ would say da jooooos.

>there isnt a single university that...
Wrong

>none of these ideas are nowhere to be found
i'm confused

Why not?

Jazz is awesome. A man can love literature and jazz, my friend.

>I'm not that user.