What's wrong with people who don't dream?

what's wrong with people who don't dream?

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jsr.12323/abstract
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're probably smoking too much of that dank

what about people who don't abuse any substance and still don't dream?

I haven't been aware of having a dream for 10 years
It's weird

vit 6 deficient

i always take this mutivit tab that has 1300% vit b's in it before bed and have 8h of amazing dreams each night

Do you mean dreaming while you sleep or imagining possible futures?

they're normies

not even memeing

what changes could you tie that to?

Obviously the first

what happens if you don't take it?
also, if you actually had 8h of dreams that would mean you never enter deep sleep phases and that would be unhealthy af...

dreaming whilst sleeping

so you think abusing substances is somehow superior to being sober?

Me too, except for one time about a month ago I had a nightmare. I remember it being really bizarre but don't fully recall it now.

i'm having a sudden burst of very strange but short dreams every night.
last night i dreamt of a lake that got drained, which revealed a horde of stray dogs that lived on the ground.

Puberty
I had a few traumatic experiences as a young man as well, 14-17
I think I'm starting to dream again but I'm not quite sure

If you don't dream bc abusing some substances, you are abusing just the wrong ones.

Drugs makes your brain weird. I have more special dreams since druggins, so I will not blame the drugs.

Also, people who don't dream are fucking robots, liers or have some kind of deficit.

i know a few people who state the same (stopped during puberty). what could be a possible explanation to why some people keep dreaming and some lose it?

I dream most frequently with great vividness after I stop smoking pot for a few days. Sometimes I dream, others I don't. Why would anyone want to dream anyway?

I blame witches.

my dad says the same. he doesn't dream when he's smoking. but it returns as soon as he stops.

because it is a very interesting phenomenon?

what kind of deficit could that be? how is being a robot related to dreaming?

>so you think abusing substances is somehow superior to being sober?
no no no it's definitely the opposite
but I was referring to the kind of life you do
memory can hold dreams only if you care about them. everybody dreams, but 90% of people are not interested in their dreams, so they forget them. this constantly happens to normies because they're outgoing and they focus on trivial things. dreams are similar to poetry: they're everywhere, but people can't see them because they just don't want to.

seems a bit questionable

>because it is a very interesting phenomenon?
The OP asked what's wrong with people that don't dream. If you're curious that's one thing but it should not give you grief that you can't dream. Usually when I am dreaming most frequently my sleep is not restive.

Better to err on the side of caution.

>how is being a robot related to dreaming?
You only dream of electric sheep.

well, i know atleast one person that tries to remember but just doesn't dream. what about those?

i'm op and i dream a lot and very lively. that's why it seems very odd to me that there are people that don't dream at all. it also seems an odd concept alltogether. but sleep is something i'm generally fascinated with.

>just doesn't dream
that's impossible. they'd be dead.
it's more likely that they dream of ephemeral and insignificant things.

>everybody dreams, but 90% of people are not interested in their dreams, so they forget them. this constantly happens to normies because they're outgoing and they focus on trivial things. dreams are similar to poetry: they're everywhere, but people can't see them because they just don't want to.
This is some pretentious nonsense. How do you know that everyone dreams but just forgets? The shape of my morning release might be poetry to you, would you like some pictures?

Everybody dreams, it's scientific.

true

i thought you mean robots as in human robots, not the mechanical ones, y'know

how do you know? do you think they just have bad memory? one of my theories is that they just fall right into deep sleep and stay there till they wake up. very short or almost no REM phases... atleast the people i know that don't dream are also those who can fall asleep everywhere and don't wake up even if you try to get them awake. it seems like they are sinking to much deeper levels of sleep than the heavy dreamers.

didn't know that... any good sources for this claim? that would be even weirder.

>one of my theories is that they just fall right into deep sleep and stay there till they wake up. very short or almost no REM phases... atleast the people i know that don't dream are also those who can fall asleep everywhere and don't wake up even if you try to get them awake. it seems like they are sinking to much deeper levels of sleep than the heavy dreamers.
that is true as well. if you fall into deep sleep it's more hard to remember your dreams because the comeback to reality is kinda difficult, violent. you have to slowly glide from sleep to reality in order to remember dreams. they have to be there (in your sleep) and then here (in your awakening), seamlessly. I know this becaue I was really interested in knowing what I dream during the night and so I've been practicing for that

so, why are some people sleepers like this?
the person i have in mind usually sleeps notmal amounts. but they fall asleep in seconds and are really "gone" till they wake up. i, on the other hand, take a long time to fall asleep and also transition slowly out of it. is there an explanation to this?

>i, on the other hand, take a long time to fall asleep and also transition slowly out of it. is there an explanation to this?
what I told you above. you can remember your dreams because your transition is gradual and not-violent. if you go from the deep sleep to the awakening in a jiffy, dreams die. it's like when you have to put your new fishes in the aquarium... it's a delicate passage because they need to get used to the change of temperature

yeah, i get that. i'm just wondering why some people have this transition and others don't.

and here we go back to the beginning: you have to be interested in what you dream. if you're distracted by other thoughts (your job, your wife lying next to you, the breakfast, what day it is, etc) you will lose your dreams. it's that specific and brief moment when you wake up, the moment when you have to exercise your will and keep dreaming even if you're almost awake. just a moment of distraction and it's over

1300% of vitamin b.
Ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing

Multiple reasons. It may be releated to dopamine levels

in what way? too high? too low?

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jsr.12323/abstract

>tfw you realized images and sounds in dreams are secondary to the feeling tones underneath

yes. the question is pretty obvious, though: our brain is never off (except when we're dead). we're not conscious of a large part of our thoughts, but that doesn't mean our brain is not working.

I dream a lot. My constant dreams (and nightmares) cause fatigue during the day.

Go to bed Eric

>My constant dreams (and nightmares) cause fatigue during the day.

I know that feel.