What's the point of logic?

What's the point of logic?

Why study it instead of actually useful math?

useful for creating digital circuits you frickin doofus

it's like the basis for proofs, how are you going to have rigour without logic?

its required to do philosophy,proofs, theory, models, thinking properly, also its fun. i like mereology and logical semiotics. Its pretty important if you really want to figure out complex issues that arent suited for math as it is basically formalized reasoning, that finds the truth. I always avoided math before i decided to learn logic. 2.1 high school GPA , i even redid algebra 2 and geometry. Now i have went from that to being proficient enough in ODEs to start modeling complex systems dynamics in a scant 3 months since i read my first logic text. to be far to myself i have always been really smart and didnt apply myself in highscool. So its kinda like a doping agent.
the best part of logic is it is a fun game, looking forward to continuing my logic education.
o and programming
honestly i wish i was lucky enough to have began learning symbolic logic as early as 5, ill teach my kids logic and calculus early on thats for sure

because proof theory, automated deduction and model checking are neat and as a CS brainlet I can't into real math.

Neither can anyone else.
Shellah kills the little purefag.

Logic is gateway to real maths.

If you're going to bait at least use some effort

>Why study it instead of actually useful math?
Because it is the foundation for the rest of all mathematics?
There is no point at mathematics in which you will not need to use logic, aside from highschool algebra.

Even the thought of proving anything without using logic is retarded.

> not appreciating the most aesthetic form of reasoning

you would still be living in a cave if it wasnt for mathematical logic

Jesus god, man, forget logic and learn English.

Because it is the building block of mathematics, and if you're studing mathematics just for its usefulness then you have failed as a mathematician.

Give me a break
It was 2 in the morning , I was on 3 mg of clonzopam, 10mg zolepiem and 10 grams of Kratom and I still couldn't sleep

>its required to do philosophy
Wrong. Read more.

that wasn't meant to be literal, The point is it makes for good philosophy. and if you are serious philosopher logic is almost necessary. Sure you ca get by on reason alone, and often you dont have to explicitly use logic.There are many topics in philosophy where logic is required to understand

Why do we need proofs? Only to keep the mathematicians busy, you don't need rigor or logic in real maths

>tfw no philosopher of logic wife

>whats the point of logic
I'm sure 2+4 =potato too user.

yeah you do

No one cares about your habits nor why you wrote in broken english.

pi=3
e=2
2^3i = 2^(9/p) = -1
p=9/log(-1/2)

>What's the point of logic?
To avoid being a tard like you.

Give you a break? Give us a break. Why should we plough through your ideas if you can't express yourself properly? Language is basic to communication and not exempt from rigour.

Which logic is the most Veeky Forums-approved?

Propositional and first order logic, I guess?

>Which logic is the most Veeky Forums-approved?
fuzzy logic

Racial and IQ realistic.

there are basically 3 paths in logic:
philosophy logic (the most comprehensive and pure)
logic for mathematics (the most abstract, least pure)
logic for computing (dumbed down, practical)

rigour and logic is real maths, you don't have anything you can apply (beyond basic shit) without it filtering down. also, if you build up mathematics inconsistently, then what the fuck is the point. you can't use anything because it's all flawed.