Who the fuck is demanding all these almonds? Almonds are good, but the fuck, $6.4 billion?

Who the fuck is demanding all these almonds? Almonds are good, but the fuck, $6.4 billion?

almonds are fucking expensive, and I live in commiefornia.
my guess is exportation to other countries, or importation to other states?

They'd save so much money if they just activated them beforehand.

The whole world. Apparently California is responsible for a majority of the world's almond production.

I don't even like almonds. Oh well.

I put them in my greek yogurt.
>Protein and cultures from the yogurt
>good fat and fiber from the nuts

The nut part in honey nut Cheerios is almond. Lots of other things use almond too. Next time you are looking though your cabinet, check ingredients list for almonds or almond derivatives.

CA makes basically all of the worlds almonds.
Much like how Thailand makes almost all Taurine, or how India has a booming street-shitting market!

Schilling for KIND energy bars.

WOW they are good.

They need more cashew combinations though.

Almond milk.
There's your answer.

It's shilled really fucking hard in the global Chinese community as a luxury, driving demand way the fuck up.

t. someone with Chinese parents

They're tasty, healthy, and are pretty fucking malleable in terms of what you can do with them. Although having spent 6 over the last week driving through almond country, it is one miserable shit hole. Is that what it's like driving through states like Kansas? Flat nothingness as far as the eye can see?

how much are almonds per kg in your corner of the world?
over here it's about 22$ per kg (about 10$ per pound), roasted and salted and about 16$(about 7$ per pound) for raw.

Almonds are a restriction-bender in multiple meme diets: veganism, paleo, keto, gluten-free.

$7 a pound? I live in California so there's probably less shipping cost associated with the price.

>2017
>Not activating your almonds

>when you go too far with your almond activation and they turn on you.

Californian almonds are exported globally, since almonds aren't a very common crop. According to wikipedia, US produces more than half of the world's almonds.

It goes to producers that make vegan products. First let they almonds graze in paddocks rich in high-quality grass that has no pesticides. Then each morning, the producers round up all the almonds, and put them into milking pens. From there, a team of dedicated vegans will milk the almonds.

And that's how we get 100% organic almond milk.

most almonds world over are from california. check the ingredient labels on anything with almonds in em, everyone world wide, probably say "CPS Almonds". these r califronia paper skin almonds from what i know.

pic related, these almonds are actually just the califronian variety i suppose but grown in australia

any time you have to ask "who the fuck wants all this xyz?" the answer is almost always china. apparently california exports fucking hay so china can feed their dairy cows even though most chinese are lactose intolerant.

I tried one of the breakfast bars and thought it was one of the most bland, boring unpleasant things I've ever eaten

Was it almonds that made the drought in California much more severe in the past few years because they require some ridiculous amounts of water to grow, or am I thinking of some other produce?

im not having almonds anymore
almonds are the worst nut anyways

Mitte aller Mitten, Kern der Kerne,
Mandel, die sich einschließt und versüßt, -
dieses Alles bis an alle Sterne
ist dein Fruchtfleisch: Sei gegrüßt.

A C T I V A T E
C
T
I
V
A