Does true randomness really exist?

My view is that when we say that something is random, we really mean that we don't have enough information about it, so we just describe it using a probability distribution. If we had enough information, we could describe that thing with an exact manner.
Are there things which it is theoretically impossible to gain perfect information about?

Even your average pop-sci shit answers this ffs.

in many cases it is just "for the lack of more info/evidence", but deeper it is a philosophical question. My guess is that the uncertainty principle or similar in quantum physics, kinda make the foundation of reality truly random?

>pop-sci

Quantic mechanic make true randomness real.

From inside a universe, randomness is experienced, since quantum information change when evaluated(double slit experiment).

From outside a universe, the simulator(s) can obviously know every step in advance, since perfect information of all quantum states are known.

this makes no sense

>brainlet can't into baby gauge theory

Yes. See radioactive decay.

Is it though? Or we just can't explain it yet deterministically?
My brain just can't grasp true randomness.

No it doesnt faggot

t. actual moron

What you're hoping for are called 'hidden variables.' There is very little chance that they exist, so true randomness is very likely to be real.

bump

We CAN explain radioactive decay deterministically, but it's nonetheless theoretically impossible for us to get access to that information. Which makes the phenomenon both deterministic, and fundamentally unpredictable.

That's poo-poo.

All things have a cause so no true randomness can exist.

I'm sure that's true in your soft little brainlet, honey.

>muh gauge
Fucking pleb

Even if everything was truly deterministic, imagine just how much information you'd need, even for something as simple as throwing dice. Exact motion of every nearby air particle, every bit of gravity of all the different bodies acting on it, including pico-variations in Earth's gravitational field in the room, the tiniest bit of unevenness in the dice surface, the exact composition and behaviour of the dice throwers brain in the seconds of the throw....it's ridiculous to think it could ever be worth the processing time it would take to compute.

not even cheating once the game has started change the odds of outcomes in any game. And the odds are calculated uring every game, or video games wouldn't work. As for, gambler games, the most complex game of roulette is absurdly simple to calculate.

>I don't understand so it makes no sense
I would explain more in detail, but since you're such a tardigrade tier brainlet I won't even bother

except experiments say you're wrong faggot

bump

all that really matters is the orientation of the dice and their angular momentum. The rest of the factors will cancel out.

It's nice that you don't like it, but it's still true.

physics is deterministic in this sense
So, no.
From an observer's standpoint it may seem random because of chaos / a huge number of variables in the environment

Yeah, but I've heard that quantum mechanics somehow break that.
Haven't studied it so I don't know exactly how.

You've never taken a qm course, have you?

Why do people who know nothing about physics (like you) rush to 'answer' physics questions in the most retarded (and wrong) way possible?

>no actual rebuttal
>YOURE WRONK

I have. Have you? Did your course cover MWI?

bump

without exception, they also reply like this when called out. you aren't convincing anyone, everyone realizes you pulled your post out of your ass right now