What can i eat that will keep me really full without a lot of calories? Im trying to lose weight. so far apples work

what can i eat that will keep me really full without a lot of calories? Im trying to lose weight. so far apples work

Water. Anything high in fiber.

Dick

What's high in fiber?

carpet

Dick

Water.

Spotted dick??

I have a feeling you're not being honest with me.

See a doctor.

Cannibalism is socially unacceptable, but why sir would men named dick be more nutritionally advisable for diets?

Come on now, we are the internet.
Would the internet ever lie to you?

Begetevals

Is this french? Its probibly spelled carpe elte or something frilly

Oh, I never thought of it like that.

Things high in fiber/protien. I'm in the same boat. Note, pic related? Bad choice. Bananas are super nutritious but also very calorie dense for fruit.

On the veggie side you want roughage. Celery, Cucumbers, mixed greens, pickles, tomatos, etc. These things are fairly low in calories and fiberous enough to linger

Fruits are also good despite what people meme here, they are remarkably low in calories. Strawberries, grapes, apples, oranges especially. As noted above Bannanas are an exception, but one a day is a great source of potassium.

For snacks, i've been looking at things like KIND mini's, which are little boxes of 10 100 calorie mini granola and nut bars. 100 calories, very tiny bite sized, but very fiber dense for their size so a good 'desert' for a boxed lunch along with fruit. 100 calorie baggies of smart pop, sold in bags of 6. Tastes decent, high in fiber. Oikos triple zero or some other form of low fat greek yogurt, lower in calories and very high in protien. Skim Milk string cheese has high protein, low calories

Proteins you want chicken and fish. For bagged lunches, packages of salmon, or my go to a tin of sardines/brieslings, packed in olive oil. I get these for 99c at walmart, they are 170 calories and 19g's of protien, which is fucking huge, and very healthy. And no they aren't smelly or strong tasting you're thinking of anchovies, you won't need mints.

My daily lunch is 1 tin of sardines (fillets, no heads or bones, nothing wrong with either these just don't come with them), 1 cup oikos triple zero, 2 sticks string cheese, 1 kind mini, 1 low cal energy drink of some kind (V8 fusion energy OR a bottle of water mixed with one of those flavored caffiene 'koolaid' packets), a tupperware with 5 strawberries and a twig-branch of grapes, a bottle of water, and 2 gatorades if I get thirsty (can omit)

As long as I don't drink the gatorades, and I often don't, this lunch is ~600 calories, ~25% daily fiber, ~50g of protien

Cruciferous vegetables, brussel sprouts, broccoli, carrots, celery. And drink lots of water. Apples and other fruits are good too.

PS: drink a glass or bottle of cold water 30 minutes before eating if you can. 2 if you can.

You can get bottles of fiber pills. Recommended dosage is 5 pills, 4 times a day. I do 5 pills 2x a day because I get dietary fiber from other places. These are actually quite good to make a light smack 'stretch' or increase satiaty. Take with food.

thanks for the advice

Just look at labels and remember you have a meal limit of ~600 calories, per meal, to hit 1800-2000 calories a day.

You'll note really quickly that a lot of foods eat the shit out of this amount and don't offer much in terms of volume or feeling full. For nutrition, 10 to 1 is a good ratio: 10 calories per 1 gram of protien or 1% non-soluable dietary fiber. If it meets or exceeds this ratio it's good. Ex. Tinned sardines in olive oil, 170 calories, 19g of protien. This exceeds the ratio. For me, because i'm cheap, I generally also look for shit that is $2 or less per portion, at least as far as packaged lunch goes.

Since I work at a hotel I can sometimes grab breakfast (dinner, I work nights) before I go. 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 banana, 1 cup of raisin bran (healthiest cereal you can get before you start going into oatmeals or shit that literally comes in bricks or fiber twigs), 1 little half pint box of 2% (skim tastes like fucking water) milk.

One problem you will immediately notice: if you're a fatty like me, you WILL feel hungry after 2-2 1/2 hours, 3 hrs if your lucky. This is annoying as fuck but unavoidable early on. It's because you're stomach literally has stretched, and satiety is roughly measured by fullness. Because you're eating less, your stomach doesn't feel full. so you're body thinks you're hungry. it will take several weeks for your stomach to shrink back to normal size. This is where all the water, water, water comments come in. Water is basically the only calorie neutral thing you can consume, fills volume, and most of us don't drink enough of it as is. For me just chugging shitloads of water feels weird, so I aim for a glass or two, maybe a fiberous low calorie snack. I'm also experimenting with spacing out what I eat. At work it's not an issue because work keeps me distracted, it's when I get hungry at home that I graze or fridge raid and ruin an otherwise good day.

Soup.

PPS: Don't get chuffed if you fall off the wagon. Just get back on it the next day. Cheating every once in a while is fine. Variety is the spice of life. If you try to change your life completely, all at once, and never eat the shit you love you will never ever stick with it and if you do you won't be happy. Just trim calories where you feel you can.

Soup is also good being mostly water and often root veggies, just watch the canned soup which is often 2 portions per 1 can and not much protein or nutrition for ~ 400 calories. Home made soup is better, esp since you can control what goes in it (and it probably tastes better)

Also please note your nutritional needs will vary widely based on your activity level. 1800-2000 calories is good for a desk job. If you're doing manual labor you're gonna want more.

awesome thanks a ton fellows.

Have you gotten a fitness app yet? My fitness pal is decent. Also check out /fat/ on Veeky Forums, it's a great general for losing weight

test

DYEL

The stuff is good for you nowadays. What age group are you?

Also calculate your TDEE to see what your maintenance level is. I'm losing weight and the best purchase I made was a smoker. Can make filling, low calorie meals that are tasty with tons of leftovers pushing me away from fast food. Plus I get tons of bones for soup stock

Potatoes are ideal. They're extremely, extremely high on the satiety index and are near nutritionally complete (lacking only EFAs, salts, and B12).

Soups are fantastic due to the fact that they are very filling, cheap, and low calorie density. Been losing lots of weight since I got started making tons of soup, especially homemade shoyu ramen and miso soup. You can also make sopa de ajo for around $.5 US a quart. Fish stews are also great for when you start getting tired of the taste of grilled or baked fish. Borsch is fucking delicious and it's really light on calories, plus its good for getting a bit of sweetness.

Pace yourself when eating too, it helps you avoid overeating by making you feel fuller since your body is thinking "I spent all this time eating, so I must be full".

stews with a high vegetable content (cabbage, carrot, turnip, celery etc) are extremely filling, just remember to have a bread roll or something with it because that much fibre alone can give you the shits real bad