Was eating the fruit of knowledge a mistake?

Was eating the fruit of knowledge a mistake?

Yes. If it weren't for pagans and atheists the whole of humanity could have been in space with our Lord by now.

yo cut those hairs I can smell them permeating through my computer screen

Is that Meat Loaf?

Wouldn't we be still in Eden?

yes

We would have eaten from the tree of life

damn...

Holy... I want more

>Jesus loves the sinner who repents more than the person who never sinned at all

God was a 4D chess player and Satan took the bait.

So the sad-sack rabbis felt.
Kissless misogynists always seem to come to the same dumb conclusions when facing existentialism.

IE dead.

>Yhwh set the toys to be naughty to please his naughty son

Carl Sagan
Carl Satan

HOLY SHIT

Were you molested by a priest? Was it nice?

Not really, Jesus died for our sins so it doesn't make a difference.

Tanner thinks God punished Adam and Eve for being so narcissistic as to believe he would care if they obeyed or disobeyed him in eating a fruit he arbitrarily decided was off limits.

Thank Tanner everyone

>IE dead.

That's not what eternal life means!

Yes it was. It is why woman have painful childbirth; the knowledge of right and wrong made our brains too large to easily pass through the birth canal.

This result is referenced in Genesis 3:16:
>Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children"

also translated as

>To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children"

No, but my life and the world I live in has been fucked up by this sort of thing. We've already explained it all away, but the capitalists encourage it to placate the masses. So metaphorically, theists have been molested.

>"Death is but a doorway!"
Remember what is was like before you were born?

Of course. Literature is just another futile attempt to regain part of that paradise lost.

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
- Ecclesiastes 1:18

It was absolutely a mistake; eating from he Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was mankind choosing Independence from God, and thus we were denied eating from the Tree of Life. We were evicted from The Garden of Eden and the curses were placed on our sexes: To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

However, God loves us enough to die on the cross for us to absolve us of our sins. He loves us enough to grant us our Independence -- all the while granting us a doorway through Christ, and it doesn't affect our free will to do so.

no, it gave us existentialism which i enjoy personally since im an INFP

i can say i just feel something is right or wrong and i know im right but all the edgy intjs get mad b/c
>le logical reasoning xdddd tips fedora

Everyone gets resurrected on the day of judgment

It wasn't good or bad – it was something that happened. God warned us and we took the consequences. Our existence is categorically different because of it, not better or worse.

>the fruit of knowledge
It was actually the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, but carry on young shitposter.

our only mistake is that we didn't get to the tree of life fast enough.

"good and evil" in hebrew means "everything"

>knowing truth isn't good

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mortality is the greatest gift we ever received

Yes women are the bane of all life, they are only kept around for their wet hole.

The price for recieving the fird of god.

"The essence of Christianity is told us in the Garden of Eden history. The fruit that was forbidden was on the Tree of Knowledge. The subtext is, All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden
if you had just kept your fucking mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions."
~ Frank Zappa

>mfw Evangelion was based on a true story

wtf i love satan now

>but the capitalists
>the autist tripfag is also a commie
Who'd a thunk it

>Kissless misogynists always seem to come to the same dumb CONCLUSIONS when facing existentialism
Which are?