Dad accused me of being a stoic again because my room's walls are bare and I don't hang anything on them

>Dad accused me of being a stoic again because my room's walls are bare and I don't hang anything on them
>He literally shows me my grandpa's ancient copy of Marky's Meditations
>"Did you ever read this, son? I think you did"

Is there some type of book poster or anything I can put on my walls to cover them?
I am tired of this meme

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3gxa9t/me_24_m_with_my_girlfriend_22_f_of_8_months_she/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tell him you're not a Stoic, you're a Spartan
then fuck him in the ass

Just cover it in pages of Meditations

>"Did you ever read this, son? I think you did"

KO'd m8.

This thread is bad and you should feel bad

Stoics are known to shield themselves from negative emotions

actually they state negative emotions are borne of bad mind set, which, in an ideal world, is true.

;)

Of course.

Get a nice poster of Aurelius

>accused of being a stoic
>accused
how does that make any sense

He's a self conscious teen. His dad probably didn't even mean it to seem like he was picking on him.

It was like being called a communist or something of the sort, and I'm a legal adult.

I'm pretty sure he planned the thing because of how he smoothly set it up

He gave you the book in order for you to NOT take any of it in?
Your dad is a weirdo, legal-adult.

I mean, when does one usually stop hanging posters on their walls? What's on his walls? Poison and Farah Fawcett?

I think it's pretty cool that your grandfather had a copy of the Meditations, OP. Maybe you should read it some time.

actually a closer representation is to say that Stoicism is about domesticating your emotions. Controlling them so that they don't control you.
Or something.

His walls have paintings on them and he didn't hand me the book imploring that I read it, he showed it to me and asserted that I had read it already

tripfag begone

>tripfag begone
Rudeness over a misconception?
Some stoic you are.

did you read it already?

Wtf is a stoic

>he doesn't have a portrait of his favourite author on the wall above his bed
Sure is plebian.

>walls are bare and I don't hang anything on them
you're just a guy. When I lived in an inbetween house with 50 50 girls and guys (teenagers), all the girls made their rooms pretty- the dudes just filled it with stuff they used.

The only guy who had something on the wall was a kid I made take a poster because I was so fucking offended at how barren the whole place was.

I think it's just a function of a young man. Nesting behavior just isn't a priority, especially if you don't have a place that you consider yours. do you still live with your dad?

tl;dr: your dad's being weird.

>He doesn't have the Theotokos on his wall
Sure is anathema.

your dad has
a) no idea what stoicism is
b) no sense for the superior minimalist aesthetic

tell him to shut his whore mouth

You miss heard your dad. He said autistic, not stoic. Probably because of you're autism.

Having something on your walls would over stimulate your senses.

reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/3gxa9t/me_24_m_with_my_girlfriend_22_f_of_8_months_she/

>miss heard
>you're
>autism autism autism autism AUTISM AUTISM
autist/retard detected

that's what you get for dating a nigger with a phil degree

fuck off back to /plebbit/

hahaha it's amazing how inept reddit is at detecting and dealing with trolls

See what I mean?

put up a john green poster or some shit, OP

for shits and giggles.

or some shitty art piece, just to spite your father when he attacks your "taste"

Is that Shelley?

"you cant be doing what you feel like doing, you have to tie it in with some way of thinking!"

the worst

BUTTERFLY YOU'RE BACK OMFG

This

hahahaa yeah look at those morons being sincere and actually trying to help. I bet they're happy as well, fucking reddit pleb losers

Better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a pig satisfied, pleb

>implying your detatched ironic elitist attitude makes you better than them
>implying you're anywhere near Socrates

The saying clearly isn't implying that one is literally Socrates you fucking idiot

You just give me your dad's number OP. I'll set him straight and tell him you don't have to be a stoic to be a boring asshole.

Yeah, I don't get all the elitism that goes around here and all that "lel you stupid ledditor normies" that goes around Veeky Forums. I mean they decide to spend their time on a anime imageboard shitposting about true literature and somehow they think that makes them better. It's like they're glorifying their mental and social issues. It's like a SheldonCooper-ism

Neither is poster implying that the saying implies that one is literally Socrates. You fucking idiot.

That doesn't matter.

In the saying Socrates is irrelevant, how it applies has absolutely nothing to do with how close one is to being Socrates.

The comparison is between dissatisfied human and satisfied pig (the saying is actually often recounted with "human" instead of "Socrates"), not 400BC Socrates and Jeff the pig who ate three potatoes this morning