Scientism as nu-religion?

What do we do about fake scientists like Bill Nye Based black guy and Brian Kawks XD ruining the reputation of scientists? Did anyone ever wonder if real science would get better funding from conservatives if they was less biased towards unscientific liberal nonsense?

>muh global cooling
>no i mean muh global warming
>n-no i mean muh climate change
>muh cut your kids dick off and put him in a dress
>muh race isnt reeeeeeeeeeeal
>muh wormholes and we wuz martians

Is there any decent popular scientists? Or is it that they are only popular because they are hacks?

reminder that modern science and technology was built by literal nazi scum.

Tyson and Cox haven't done anything wrong, and creating a general public sentiment of pro-intellectualism is incredibly important for science. It's no coincidence that every time a societies unwashed, brainlet masses become anti-intellectual, it quickly effects even the scholars and ruins the society. Just look at what happened in ancient China with the Grat Divergence and the islamic golden age ending.

As long as 100 IQ plebs think science is "so cool" and "woooah did you know there's more grains of sand in your little finger than there are stars in the entire solar system??" they'll keep funding science and they'll keep telling their kids that being a scientist is an honorable job and they're more likely to listen when scientists tell them something.

Bill Nye is a fucknut who has completely squandered the goodwill he developed with his legitimately good childrens TV show from the 90s, but we shouldn't give up on pop-science just because of one guy trying to use it for political gain

yeah but cant we have non pozzed scientists. compare based black guy and kawks XD to say James Watson or Richard Dawkins. Is it just that biologists are more based than math nerds?

i guess what im saying is that it isnt pro intillectualism but rather "shutup and listen to people with degrees". pro intillectualism has to come with it a healthy skepticism and openess for debate. all this genderbender crap and the global warming cult is the complete opposite and i would call it pseudo-religion.

and your little bit on the Islamic "golden age" is pretty lame considering all they were doing was stealing off the greeks, and they burnt down the library of alexandria ffs! also the collapse of rome was followed by the rise of islam which actually caused a dark age. god i hate these dickriding Veeky Forumssters.

You're trying so hard to fit in with your chan-speak that you just look like a poser. Tone it down a bit

>muh global cooling
>no i mean muh global warming
man, oil shills really did a good job spreading their propaganda

Just go back to /pol.

How hard do you have to try to be this /pol/?

Just leave. This clearly isn't the place you want to have a conversation.

>waaaaaaaa daddy pol is making me look dumb again. why do they always btfo us based undergrads?

H E R E I S H O W B E R N I E C A N S T I L L W I N

>that guy that's trying to troll but he messes up and starts sperging out

kind of funny

hey GTFO inb4 I BYTFO. boxxy sonichu pissbottle.

Just go home child.

shitposts can be discarded with shitposts. now any time you want to actually say something substantial and not "waaaa pol is mean" im ready to debate.

>like literally i cant even. my sjw nerdfriend will outcast me if i honestly use the scientific method.

When you make it this obvious that your just an angry poltard who has come to make false claims and not back them then nobody is going to want to spend the time to have a "coversation" with you. Just go back where you belong, maybe you can make a less fail troll attempt later.

Please go ahead and keep posting. Expound upon some of your points maybe. Defend your positions a little. Go ahead.

haha i definately have cause to be angry. science is in tatters because you spineless nerds and hucksters are looking for an easy ride. you are contributing to the downfall of global society and you SUCK. also the only poster who actually made an argument i responded to with relative politeness. this is Veeky Forums you twink.

ha thats rich considering you havent made any effort to counter me? im guessing you agree but dislike the messenger? yeah guess what poltards are unhinged enough to state that the emperor has no clothes. we arent scared faggots.

>you arent just swallowing that UN carbon tax dick

so far Veeky Forums has just thrown a bunch of ad homs. wow you guys are really something. you must be master debaters. im a crossposter and honestly the real brains are on pol. sci is just autistic math nerds.
>t.math chad

What do I counter? Your lack of substantiated points? Get real. You're making a claim, provide evidence for that claim

im saying that the popsci shills have created a new inquisition, as evidenced by the bizzaro shit espoused by these people. scientific progress is stifled because people will lose their jobs if they publish controversial studies. this is gay as fuck and needs to be addressed for reasons im sure you understand. its so in your face. my evidence is the current state of science and academia in general.

So what are you proposing is the problem exactly? Why is that problem bad? How do you think we should fix it.

Go away.

>tfw you take the opinions of bloggers to be the opinions of scientists
must feel bad to be a brainlet.
Here's a plot of CO2 concentration over the past million years. It's even in HD so you can see all the local behavior. The slope of the line at the far right (recent times) is literally thousands of times greater than the supremum of slopes in the other portions of the graph. Clearly, something about the climate system is not the same as it has been in the past. We call that "climate change." Come up with a resonable refutation comicposter