Trying to lose weight and keep sanity at the same time

What can I eat that
>contains minimal calories, still feeds well
>tastes good, can be eaten every day
>costs little, preferrably one serving under $5
>takes less than 5 minutes to prepare

So far celery seems good. But it's incredibly boring to eat as is.

Cabbage
Egg whites
canned tuna
not much else

I like eating broccoli. With habanero hot sauce. It fills me up. Also watermelon.

water

Low fat milk and fruit. All day, everyday. Lots of milk and lots of fruit.

How fat are you ?

You still probably need to consume around 2000 cal a day,

I don't understand all these threads about wanting to eat low calorie nonsense. You need calories. Yes, starving people leads to weight loss, but that doesn't equate to being of good health.

YouTube search what athletes eat, it's a lot, eat train sleep, eat train sleep.

Dieting/calorie restriction, it's meme. Don't starve yourself.

>drink milk and eat fruit all day to lose weight
>drinking calories and eating pure sugar
>reddit spacing

Excuse me but have you read the Veeky Forums sticky? I've been lifting for two weeks after reading it and you're completely wrong. Trust me, I probably know a lot more than you do about nutrition. I'm basically an expert after all the reading I've done.

Oatmeal. Chicken. Turkey. Eggs. Vegetables. Lentils. Nonfat Greek yogurt. Broths. Fruits. Nuts. Rice. Gluten free pastas. Learn to make your own damn sauces. Buy a food scale. Journal your food intake. Quit being lazy. Go to a gym 3-5 times a week.

Hope this helps.

Eat what you want but count your calories so you don't exceed 75% of your TDEE.

copy pasting from the other thread

On the veggie side you want roughage. Celery, Cucumbers, mixed greens, pickles, tomatos, etc. These things are fairly low in calories and fiberous enough to linger

Fruits are also good despite what people meme here, they are remarkably low in calories. Strawberries, grapes, apples, oranges especially. As noted above Bannanas are an exception, but one a day is a great source of potassium.

For snacks, i've been looking at things like KIND mini's, which are little boxes of 10 100 calorie mini granola and nut bars. 100 calories, very tiny bite sized, but very fiber dense for their size so a good 'desert' for a boxed lunch along with fruit. 100 calorie baggies of smart pop, sold in bags of 6. Tastes decent, high in fiber. Oikos triple zero or some other form of low fat greek yogurt, lower in calories and very high in protien. Skim Milk string cheese has high protein, low calories

Proteins you want chicken and fish. For bagged lunches, packages of salmon, or my go to a tin of sardines/brieslings, packed in olive oil. I get these for 99c at walmart, they are 170 calories and 19g's of protien, which is fucking huge, and very healthy. And no they aren't smelly or strong tasting you're thinking of anchovies, you won't need mints.

My daily lunch is 1 tin of sardines (fillets, no heads or bones, nothing wrong with either these just don't come with them), 1 cup oikos triple zero, 2 sticks string cheese, 1 kind mini, 1 low cal energy drink of some kind (V8 fusion energy OR a bottle of water mixed with one of those flavored caffiene 'koolaid' packets), a tupperware with 5 strawberries and a twig-branch of grapes, a bottle of water, and 2 gatorades if I get thirsty (can omit)

As long as I don't drink the gatorades, and I often don't, this lunch is ~600 calories, ~25% daily fiber, ~50g of protien

Just look at labels and remember you have a meal limit of ~600 calories, per meal, to hit 1800-2000 calories a day.

You'll note really quickly that a lot of foods eat the shit out of this amount and don't offer much in terms of volume or feeling full. For nutrition, 10 to 1 is a good ratio: 10 calories per 1 gram of protien or 1% non-soluable dietary fiber. If it meets or exceeds this ratio it's good. Ex. Tinned sardines in olive oil, 170 calories, 19g of protien. This exceeds the ratio. For me, because i'm cheap, I generally also look for shit that is $2 or less per portion, at least as far as packaged lunch goes.

Since I work at a hotel I can sometimes grab breakfast (dinner, I work nights) before I go. 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 banana, 1 cup of raisin bran (healthiest cereal you can get before you start going into oatmeals or shit that literally comes in bricks or fiber twigs), 1 little half pint box of 2% (skim tastes like fucking water) milk.

One problem you will immediately notice: if you're a fatty like me, you WILL feel hungry after 2-2 1/2 hours, 3 hrs if your lucky. This is annoying as fuck but unavoidable early on. It's because you're stomach literally has stretched, and satiety is roughly measured by fullness. Because you're eating less, your stomach doesn't feel full. so you're body thinks you're hungry. it will take several weeks for your stomach to shrink back to normal size. This is where all the water, water, water comments come in. Water is basically the only calorie neutral thing you can consume, fills volume, and most of us don't drink enough of it as is. For me just chugging shitloads of water feels weird, so I aim for a glass or two, maybe a fiberous low calorie snack. I'm also experimenting with spacing out what I eat. At work it's not an issue because work keeps me distracted, it's when I get hungry at home that I graze or fridge raid and ruin an otherwise good day.

Don't get chuffed if you fall off the wagon. Just get back on it the next day. Cheating every once in a while is fine. Variety is the spice of life. If you try to change your life completely, all at once, and never eat the shit you love you will never ever stick with it and if you do you won't be happy. Just trim calories where you feel you can.
-
Soups are fantastic due to the fact that they are very filling, cheap, and low calorie density. Been losing lots of weight since I got started making tons of soup, especially homemade shoyu ramen and miso soup. You can also make sopa de ajo for around $.5 US a quart. Fish stews are also great for when you start getting tired of the taste of grilled or baked fish. Borsch is fucking delicious and it's really light on calories, plus its good for getting a bit of sweetness.

Pace yourself when eating too, it helps you avoid overeating by making you feel fuller since your body is thinking "I spent all this time eating, so I must be full".
-
Soup is also good being mostly water and often root veggies, just watch the canned soup which is often 2 portions per 1 can and not much protein or nutrition for ~ 400 calories. Home made soup is better, esp since you can control what goes in it (and it probably tastes better)

You just want to keep eating like you did before you pathetic fat cunt. You're entire mindset will keep you fat because you want the same cheap, quick food every day. You know what thats called? Fast food. You need to stop thinking like a greedy fat piece of shit, think properly and understand that unless you want to be a disgusting fat cunt both in body and in mind, your going to have to eat less good tasting food and be willing to prepare it yourself. If someone needs to tell you how to do it then you'll never ever do it. You have the fat mindset, where you expect everything to be easy and not have to do any work to achieve anything

>lentils

Inferior protient and fiber content to the humble black bean, more expensive, same caloric profile

>rice
Pure carbs unless you're getting heritage/wild grains with some fiber

>gluten free pasta
A meme

>nuts
A good choice but very high in calories, careful

>eggs
Similar to nuts. Also can throw you way over cholesterol level. Ditching yolks is for shitters though, just limit yourself to 2 a day. Hard boiled or be careful what you fry them with.

Agree on everything else. Though you don't necessarily need the gym. Just come in at 1800 cals or less and get an hour of exercise every day.

tomatoes and cucumbers makes a nice stomach filler if you get unbearably hungry. both very low in calories

also if you're experiencing a horrible hunger pang just down like a litre of water and it'll force you to feel full

It's mentioned in my copypaste post, but i've found canned sardines or little baggies of salmon (i like lemon pepper) cost about a buck a portion, have under 200 cals, and 15-20 grams of protien. Low fat greek yogurt is 100-150 calories, 10-12 grams of protien, and will hit your stomach like a grenade. Add some sort of source off fiber in there, and you have a meal of 600 cals or less, value at 4-5 dollars. Shopping is your job, I do mine at the walmart because it's cheapest

Enjoy spending $400 a month for food for a single person you retard

Uh what? Have you no reading comprehension at all, son?

>calorie restriction is a meme
>the laws of thermodynamics are a meme
You're a complete fucking retard

Explain yourself.

Brunswick Sardine, fillet in olive oil: $1 a tin (actually 98c)

Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt: $5.98 for a sixpack, aka 1$ a Cup

KIND Mini 100 calorie nut and grain bar: 5.98 for a 10 pack (they're the size of a funsize candybar)

Rockstar Zero Cal, loose: $1 at my walmart OR

Wylers caffiene water powder flavor mix: 4.98 for box of 10 powders

24 pack bottled water, 16.9oz: $10

Clear American ICE 0 Calorie Sparkling drink: $5.98 for 12pk

TIME FOR MATH

Adding all this up? it's $4. The X factor is going to be produce/veggies, because prices will vary based on location and season. Assuming you shop smart and portion correctly, lets conservatively say your fruit portion costs you $1-2 a portion, a meal.

That is $5-6 a meal. That is $15-18 a day. That is $105-112 a week. That is $420- 448 a month.

$425 - $450 a month is NOT a lot of money to spend on food, for a single person. OBVIOUSLY if you're doing things like purchasing whole primals (chicken breast, fish fillets, etc) you are going to save a lot more money. Cooking meals will always be cheaper when you do cost/portion/meal analysis like that. But user asked for pre packaged shit he could eat cheaply and easily. And this is the cheapest it gets. $425 - $450 a month. You can probably knock that down to $300 a month if you buy bulk necessities and cook and portion your meals and pay attention to sales and coupons. A good strategy might be to portion and cook 2 meals worth of food, eat half for dinner, eat the other half for breakfast as leftovers, and take a boxed lunch costing ~$5-6 dollars. OR cook and portion a week or several nights worth of meals all at once and then heat or cook when necessary. Whatever floats your boat.

Groceries will ALWAYS be cheaper than packaged food, but this is the best value for packaged food.

>veggie side
>pickles
>tomatoes
>cucumbers
dont breed

You are literally a child with no responsibilities if you think spending $450 a month on groceries for one is not a lot of money. To think this you literally have to be a child with no bills or job OR you have fallen into money OR you have forgotten what its like to not be loaded

Considering you have budgeted for Rockstar energy drinks ill assume you are a child

Wow I should have read the entirety of this before posting. You aren't a child, you're completely retarded

>hating on /sip/

Dropped

As for myself, my family spends $150-$225 weekly on groceries for 3 adults, so $50-$75 dollars a week, per person. So $200-$300, per person, per month. Which is exactly what I said you could get to if you cooked your own meals and looked for sales - probably lower if you coupon excessively.

Popcorn. Get yourself an air popper and a misto sprayer.

Soups, salads. A 600calorie salad is still better for you than a 600calorie burger. Just get your ratios right. At least half greens, then added veggies, toppings, protein, and dressing. Usually impossible to finish in one sitting. Even just a garden salad or cucumber tomato salad at the beginning of each meal followed by soup and half a sandwich.

A piece or two of dark chocolate will help curb binging.

Read labels, start making your own sauces/dressings because they'really more flavorful, season everything with spices, stay hydrated, chew 30 times. Good luck OP

Do you think I dont realize who you are and how pathetic your lies are?

Broccoli fills really well when roasted shortly.

>milk
Why though?
>fruit
You mean expensive sugar?

>> 9314239 #
milk because it is economic, has a good balance of electrolytes, good calcium to phosphorus ratio, good source of digestible sugars and protein and fat soluble vitamins

Fruits because they are economical and provide some minerals and b vitamins while providing easy digestible sugars and lowish fibre.

Both foods Feed well, taste good, can be eaten everyday, are cheap and require no time to prep. That is why.

>lose weight
>low fat high sugar diet

found the american

Any diet which restricts calories is effective.

Fruit is fucking expensive friend