He isn't on a sleep cycle

>he isn't on a sleep cycle
literally why?

I'm on uberman. 6 equally spaced 20 minute naps throughout the day.

My mind feels sharper.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XLTg2nHZEHQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm
uk.businessinsider.com/some-people-only-need-a-few-hours-of-sleep-2016-12
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>using up 6 sleep cycles a day

enjoy your early death

I was working nights and going to school full time and wound up on a schedule like this.
It was convenient because I didn't have a solid 4-8 hours to sleep, but if it wasnt for my schecule I never would have done it voulentarily.
Also tended to give me really vivid nightmares constantly.

im guessing you're following up nikola tesla as an idol, be warned that this exactly what killed him.

He lived to like 90

(you)

youtube.com/watch?v=XLTg2nHZEHQ

yeah but maybe he would've lived to be 91 if he didn't sleep like an idiot

your brain will literally rot
besides that i take way to many stimulants and have difficultly sleeping even when extermly sleepy

>your brain will literally rot
what?

Sleep when its dark and be awake when it bright, dont use artificial lighting to circumvent this pattern.

This is objectively the best simply because you maximise your body's naturally regulated sleep patterns which are meant to be regulated by lighting. This is why things like flux can help ease you into sleep.

stop doing this bullshit. just sleep a good 8 hours. these 30 minute power naps need to be on precise time intervals. You will fuck yourself up if you miss them. Just down some melatonin and sleep meds wih a cup of vodka like a normal engineering student.

Or just get off the fucking screen for at least 20 minutes before sleep

Why would you do this?
This can only be safe in small windows of time, otherwise you start having difficulties.

>6 x 20 minute naps
>2 hours of sleep total

the fuck is wrong with you idiots

>get's REM rebound everytime he sleeps
>not a problem
you were fucking up your memory

this

dank science

My schedule is normally 48 hours awake and then 14 hours of sleep. Feels great, amazing dreams every night. Wake up refreshed every time, and I always go to bed right when I'm comfy.

You know it's a meme, isn't it ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm

Honestly the only reason I didn't try these is that I'm afraid it would fuck up my health over the long term.

>Sleep when its dark and be awake when it bright
that would require me to sleep like 20 hours a day during winter and 4 hours during summertime where I live

you got a problem with 20 hours sleep?

Enjoy your elevated cortisol levels resulting in a weakened immune system, slower healing, and increased cancer risk. Faggot.

>not being on a swing shift schedule and gaining the ability to stay up til 7 am on a whim

Ahahaha I want to die

Yes, not being a neet who can spend all day in bed

Grave shift fags unite.

Discovered adderall. Normally I'm out of energy, not enough to sit up in my chair. Now? I feel like I literally gained 15 IQ points on this shit. Completing tasks feels fucking effortless.
Hell, I wrote a 3150 word paper in 5.5 hours last night for a class (grad skool).
I know I probably shouldn't take it every day, but I'm gonna need it, at least until the end of this semester (mid December).

Impossible. I even take my smartphone to bed

His career was ended prematurely by debilitating mental illness.

I'll stick to 16/8. Asleep by 10PM, awake by 6AM. Maximum brain power.

Same.
Just set a consistent schedule, doesn’t matter if its dark or not desu.

Although waking up when its dark and going home after school in the dark gets a bit depressing. I think this is the reason why anti-depressant consumption in my country is so high.

>at least until the end of this semester
this is how it starts

actually antidepressant consumption is so high becuase doctors think anti depressants are the new ibuprofen, or asprin.
They also want you to quit smoking probably.

Maybe. It’s not entirely the doctors fault though, alot of people are of the same opinion. Instead of changing habits they try to solve the problem with anti-depressants. It should be used as a cushion to get on that path of self improvement imo.

No sun for a long period of time can fuck with your mood though, so its alot of things i guess.

All doctors have is a hammer. There isn't a great deal they can do for people other than medication.

I like the sleep cycle called crippling depression where you sleep 17 hours a night

>Tfw usually sleep from 1am to 7am because insomnia/video games/studying
>Tfw usually fit in a 3 hr nap somewhere in the day because I get tired and don't want to do anything else
what's this sleep cycle called guys? Call it something cool like "The heavyweight"

The raging autist

Im doing quite the Opposite, when I can. I am awake for 40 hours and sleep for 15 to 20 hours. I know its unhealthy and I am unproductive, but I am just too lazy to prevent that rythm to reappear regullary.

The blatant retard

>The bl8nt retard
gr8 8s m8

For how long are you doing this?

Work
School

Hahaha, that stupid gentile!

Isn't it better for your brain to have longer sleeping sessions?
Just 20 min sounds like you'd get incomplete sleep.

I sleep about 7 hours a night and then have occasional siëstas.

I literally sleep 4 hours a day. This has been going on for 5 years, honestly, how fucked am I? Only occasionally do I manage to get 8+ hours, uninterrupted.

50 YEARS AGO WE WOULD'VE HAD YOU HANGING UPSIDE DOWN WITH A FORK IN YOUR ASS

You're going to have serious health complications in your 50s, likely heart disease in your late 40s.

enjoy early death, it is better than the hell you must be living in

>mfw rotating monophasic with the occasional biphasic except the short rest is replaced with the long one from monophasic

I need a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day otherwise I don't have any good dreams and want to kill myself.

This is retarded. Just make sure you sleep at least 6.5 hours every night and catch up by sleeping 9 hours a night on weekends.

>skip one nap
>extremely tired and can never recover

Fuck is adderall really this good? How do I get some (UK?)

Do you feel OK?
Can you accomplish anything cognitively demanding?

>My mind feels sharper.
Can you elaborate on that?

"I've never been healthier", said the anorexic. "I almost don't have to eat anymore".

Yeah anorexics starve themselves and their brain releases some feel good chemicals to help them deal with it.
God knows what's going on inside the brain of a person who sleeps two hours a day.

bluefilter is the way to go

It's funny because if you look for testimonies on that "uberman" nonsense, you will find a wealth of blogs and videos of people who tried it and failed. There are hardly any successful attempts. But hey I guess OP's pic look scientific so it just gets reposted and reposted.

There is a gene out there that allows people to sleep for like 4hrs a day and that's all that they need.

Supposedly Trump is one of these people who have this gene.

uk.businessinsider.com/some-people-only-need-a-few-hours-of-sleep-2016-12

I regularly sleep more than 10 hours a night if left alone without an alarm, sometimes up to 12, I'm concerned but I can't figure out why this is happening.

>Supposedly Trump is one of these people who have this gene.
[spoiler]What a waste.[/spoiler]

just use meth. it is healthier (if you can get past the debilitating and crippling addiction)

most of these have no time for dreaming. your are not maximizong your gains with no dreams. dreams are where we perfect our skills, so if you arent meditating 24/7 dont be a ubertard

us geniuses drive ourselves insane, its a byproduct of coming across information thats pretty much impossible to decompress in our minds and trying to do so drives us mad.

sorry im at 10-14

thats normal, whats not normal is work hours

>us geniuses

Monophasic master race here

fuck off retard, true smart people dont give a flippity fuck about what they type or typos or making up random new words because if you are talking to me i expect the 2 brain cells to be able to decipher in real time these messages accurately to hold conversation
but instead you regress into wojack posting and pointing out percieved mistakes but in actuality laziness incarnate

good day, sir

Doesn't really seem enviable then

I'm doing bachelors degree and working part-time as graphic designer, now I'm holding up for 4 months with 4-5 hours of sleep, and I stopped taking caffeine.
Sometimes I take ≈20min nap in the library, but that's it.
It feels like shit, but I'm getting used to it.

The thing is that the sun rise is at 8 am, and sunset at 5 pm in here, you idiot

ICELAND
C
E
L
A
N
D

it aided the man in making billions of dollars, so it sure as shit went to good use

Humans used to sleep for 10 hours a day before lightbulbs became widespread and fucked everyone up

Demanding as in what? I feel pretty normal, but I'm usually hopped up on nicotine from the moment I wake up. I imagine that's "helping" mask most of the brain damage I have.

Is it ever beneficial for a person to go into hibernation for a few days?

>Demanding as in what?
The calm mindstate and high working memory necessary for higher mathematics.

To catch up on sleep debt, yes.

I'm fairly irritable and my memory is shot; I haven't done much (rudimentary) math for years. Though, I don't find any sort of math enraging like I do more menial tasks. Minor errors make me angry. I used to be so calm. Take me to snoozeville when I die bros.

Sleep at night and sometimes after lunch.
That's all I need.

>be uberfag sleeper
>go to mathematics class with all the brainlets
>"today we will begin the topology chapter"
>all this trivial shit about topological spaces
>o shit time for a nap
>oh well 20 minutes is nothing
>wake up
>it's now all about 2,3-16 nondeterministic multivalued infinite dimensional smooth complex manifolds
>oh_shit.jpg
>try to take notes
>what the fuck are these drawings supposed to depict?
>what is a [math]\mathfrak P_2^\infty \left( \mathbf C^* \right)[/math]-monoid?
>class ends
>teacher says "don't forget the complex P vs NP assignment I gave you 15 minutes ago while this little bastard was sleeping"
>everyone laughs at me and tells me I missed so much I'm literally fucked up
>tfw fell for the ubermeme

>be me
>insomnia starts when I was 14
>I CAN'T fucking sleep even if I'm tired as fuck
>life sucks
>happy when I sleep 8/10 hours a week for many years
>find a gf and fall in love with her
>arm around her I can sleep 8 hours a day, wow
>ten days ago after years she left me
>again insomniac now I'm writing this after 75 hours without sleeping
>life fucking sucks I want to die