Can someone explain how the bottom probabilities have been calculated here?

Can someone explain how the bottom probabilities have been calculated here?

>another homework thread
Read it from your course book

the normal distribution, essence of frequentist probability
this is foundational stuff opie, you should know this

this isn't homework you brainlet, it was in an article on nature. you're incapable of understanding this so please leave

how did it go from 5% to 11% in the long shot scenario? write the mathematical expression

~N(1,0)
>just look it up faggot

>this isn't homework
Then why do you need to know so bad? Isn't it enough for you to know that what p-value is, rather than how to calculate it? If you're interested in the actual maths, can't you just read the wiki yourself?

I know exactly what the p-value is and and the standardized normal distribution. you clearly haven't even looked at the image, so please fuck off this thread back to your brainlet activities
>>If you're interested in the actual maths, can't you just read the wiki
>i need to read the wiki to know about the p-value
this thread isn't meant for retards ie you

people don't get set an popsci poster for homework you retard

>mixing up mean and variance
you're on the wrong board

If you know what they are, then feel free to do the fucking maths yourself you goddamn retard. We've all taken basic statistics at uni, you might as well do it yourself

>people don't get set an popsci poster for homework you retard
>hurr durr what are screencaps

you're retardedly ignorant and obnoxious you didn't even realize there's a prior in the graph and this is clearly some application of bayesian statistics (something a mongoloid who can't even write the standardized normal distribution probably has never heard of)

>thinking frequentist probability updates probability after experiment
as i've many times before you don't have the knowledge to understand this let alone contribute in any way. please piss the fuck off

>ignorant
I'm not the one asking for basic fucking maths lessons

>prior
Sure, let me infer that from the poster

>application of bayesian statistics
And is there not a wiki for that?

This thread is everything that's wrong with this board. Brainlets asking for maths advice when they're too damn lazy to even read the basics. I mean the OP could have at least tried
>hurr durr maths be complicated do it for me
But sure, maybe someone else will want to waste his time with the trainwreck of a thread

please brainlet fuck off you're boring

>calling anyone brainlet when you don't know the gaussian distribution

But the CLT

Aww you poor kiddies would you like me to hold your hands while we go through basic uni statistics course?

no i don't to become retarded. you really need someone good (exceptionally good)to help you out mr N(1,0)

This board really needs IDs so idiots like you won't get confused as easily

It's clear you can't solve it, so why are you bothering to pretend to be smart? No one is falling for it

>Sure, let me infer that from the poster
are you illiterate? it's all written in the image

>updates probability after the experiment
That's called "over fitting".

Oh snap, consider me owned. Maybe someone else will waste their time explaining this to you. If not, you could always just look it up yourself

>m-my time is too precious that's why i can''t solve this.
hard to believe when you've spent over an hour pretending to be smart in this thread. time is as worthless as it gets to you

they just dummied up some data and applied Bayes rule

but how do you go from 0.05 to 0.11
is some piece of data missing?