Energy Density of Motorized Vehicles

Are we finally reaching a point where batteries and electric motors are more energy-dense than gasoline and internal combustion engines, Veeky Forums?

>energy density
No you retard it's not about energy density it's how efficient is the engine at converting the stored energy into motion. Electric motors has 90+% efficiency while a big petrol engine most is lost as heat.

test

Doesn't matter, Bugatti looks better and has a better name

you forgot something important in your pic, OP:

skidpad

tesla: .9g

chiron: 1.5g

even cheap hot-hatches like the GTI will get >.9g

where are you getting skidpad values for the new Tesla roadster?

Batteries energy density is still no where near gas and probably will never reach it.

The only way EV can compete in range is because of efficiency.

is that a new one? i just searched tesla roadster skidpad.

the skidpad numbers are poor because the tesla is heavy with batteries and probably uses more narrow tires to reduce rolling friction and save energy. not likely to change until there are better batteries

What part of "batteries + motor" did you not understand?

Energy density is all theoretical if you're idling in traffic. There's no reason to use an ICE for moving the wheels when electric motors and gasoline generators exist.

maybe they should just give it a really long extension cord like the mecha in NGE

Thats a weird way of talking stating it to me, not at all what i was getting from it. When talking about energy density, its the materials that comes in to mind for me.
But sure, whatever its still a nice chart, right?

ICE's are very inefficient and on the way out, I'm not trying to deny that. I was simply trying to correct a mistake I thought OP was making.

>two giant people squashed

Most amerifats are so obese that they take up the space of 2 normal humans

Italian names are shit tier. Slav names are superior. Only Germanic and Japanese names can outperform a Slav name.

None can out-preform Japanese in information density.

>actually thinking any bugatti looks good

Be ashamed.

yes it's a new roadster

It's interesting how much of a meme this has become. I think it's because the US is the only country where people are proud of being fat. Statistically, the populations of developed europoor countries (Germany, UK) have similar obesity rates to the US

*sips cocacola*

yeah, and for those 200k you also get always on drm, good luck if the network reception ever goes down
it would probably cost another 50k to properly debloat and remove all the unnecessary shit from tesla (and that would probably void the warranty and also put you in jail for violating various (((patents and agreements))))

A school bus beat both cars combined anyways,
school buses are the next technological revolution

>has a better name
consumerism is cancer
also, they both look shit but the roadster is far better. these are literal non-reasons.

not batteries but electric motors are just better in every way, yeah.

>Muh sports cars that I can use to crash into poor people then sue them for the dents, then suck out money from the insurance company for whiplash so that people with twisted spines and brain injuries get nothing

Are sports cars the most retarded thing ever? At least tesla fixed the problem of them being a huge waste of gas. Still dangerous expensive, useless pieces of shit.

sports cars are fun

why do you hate fun?

it is a nice chart! Thanks, user

>Refrigerator

The Previa sounds like my kind of fucking car

a replica of this is $30,000 and looks dank. top that.

Tesla is a way cooler name than Bugatti.

Even if that were true and not subjective, at least Bugatti is more original and not piggy backing off a famous mans name

They were intended to be petty reasons, and the Tesla looks like it's made to slide up your ass. Anywho it's all subjective and imo the Chiron looks like it was designed to look nice, while the roadster looks purely like speed was the focus of it's design which apart from an F1 makes it boring

the front of the bugatti looks like a fucking tractor radiator

Yeah might've looked better if the grill was something else idk, the Roadster just looks extremely generic

Compressed air is more energy dense than batteries.

it`s about efficiency and pollution...

you've never owned a sports car, most of the times the insurance company will find the sports car driver at fault instead of anyone else because the sports car is more expensive to ensure (meaning higher gouge rates when accidents happen)

Yes

it's because we don't shame our children and everyone in society is perfect!!! you're perfect just the way you are!

You mean

Just like Bugatti

?

>Bugatti looks better
It looks like the over designed wet dream of a 14yo kid. You'd have to pay me to drive it tbqh.

The Tesla on the other hand looks slick and sexy.

The Tesla would be BTFO in a track though

Only if the race is longer than 620mi.
With better acceleration and the same top speed only the handling can be a problem.

>21st century
>no nuclear powered cars in the bargain section of the local car lot

I feel so robbed of things I was looking forward to back when I was a child.

-t tesla bag holder shill
>fixed the problem of them being a huge waste of gas
>200k electric sports cars with massive lithium batteries aren't a waste at all
Burning cancerous polluting coal a few miles from town where you can't see it is not a superior alternative to burning fossile fuel, fuck right off your Captain Planet high horse

petrolheads literally btfo

The batteries makes the handling awful at high speeds, it probably doesnt beat any supersport car times in the track see >Paying 200k for the most generic sport car ever

The Bugatti is obscene and thats its very appeal, its iconic, loud and a big fuck you to any bystander.