Post your reading lists, lit

I'll accept in the form of a written list or a stack. This is my plan for finishing off the Greeks and the Bible by the end of summer this year. Finished the Iliad today.

(Sorry for the sideways picture. As you can see from my handwriting, I'm retarded.)

I'm just kind of going though the "start with the greeks" meme based on Harold Blooms Western Canon picks.

I've gotta lot of shit on my Kindle and I'm going through it whatever.
Also you're completely skipping greek theatre dimwit

Left ebook, right paper

my reading list is so fucking messy I'm too embarrassed to post it

Nah, I already did that. I'm actually re-reading Homer cause I wanted to try a different translation. I've already read Hesiod, Sophocles, Aeschylus, etc. I also already read Herodotus.

That's an interesting as fuck list, user. I looked up The Wine-Dark Sea and it sounds good. I also have Keay's history of China, I read his history of India a while ago and it was p good.

what a waste of time that is

do you feel smart writing down all the books you think you're going to read?

not planning your reading seems rather aimless

really nice to see The Fortress

just finished it - 10/10 would recommend

Nice, another user reading Byron with that Biography! Are you gay too?

There is a real lack of comprehensive universally praised biographies of Byron, which is funny because his life lends itself to it.

Planning your reading seems like you'renot really interested in what you're reading about, it's just a chore you have to do to get where you wanna be

That biography is pretty universally praised at least with me.

If you're going to read the NT, read alongside a reputable commentary.

Or you are always on the lookout for new books, and you jot them down or add them to a goodreads account so you wont forget shit like When I read about it, it was the only one that was published after the scholarly work done on the letters from byrons editor in like 2006. all the rest were before that archive was accessed.

That's not making a chronological list of what books you're going to read like yours

But if you do what I said, you inevitably create a list of books to eventually read.

look faggot, I'm not going to read that list until you fix it. It's not that fucking hard.

What NT commentary would you recommend? I liked Alter's academic anti-apologist (and beautifully translated) commentary for the OT but haven't encountered anything else like it.

or I'm trying to keep track of what I want to read, jerk..

I'm reading it from the Didache Bible from Ignatius Press. Not a full-blown commentary, but it has excellent and extensive notes (about half the text in the book is notes). Plus I'm doing this along with RCIA and weekly Mass, so I'm getting plenty of theology/exegesis, at least for someone who isn't literally a theologian or scholar.

Sorry user, I'll do better next time :c

Honestly, hard planning what you are going to read will just lead to you reading a lot of stuff you don't like or are bored of. People meme charts a lot around here but you should just read whatever interests you when you finish your previous book.

Currently reading Catch-22. All of this by the end of 2017 probably.

I think your handwriting is pretty cool desu

In no particular order:

>Titus Andronicus, W. Shakespeare
>Cymbeline, W. Shakespeare
>Troilus and Cressida, W. Shakespeare
>Paradise Lost, J. Milton
>To the Lighthouse, V. Woolf
>Disertación sobre las telarañas, Hugo Hiriart
>Quince poetas del mundo náhuatl, Miguel León-Portilla
>Amsterdam Stories, Nescio
>The Primary Colors, Alexander Theroux
>The Secondary Colors, Alexander Theroux
>Murphy, Samuel Beckett

Off the top of my head, those are the ones I'd like to read soon.

I feel you, and sometimes I just read randomly like that, but I've also been reading like this for years and it works for me. I don't think it's that unusual, or I wouldn't have made this thread! I just like the organization/sense of progression.

Thanks user, I appreciate that :)