Convince me that the self is real or this lamb dies

Convince me that the self is real or this lamb dies.

You think, therefore you are.

Literally that simple.

Cogito ergo OP is a faggot.

Self is evident for I percieve myself as such. Therefore the evidence of the opposite is on you, lamb-killer

But you don't know for sure that it's the self that is thinking.

Cogito-ergo-sum proves existence, not self, faggots

it is real

If you're able to conjure up a concept of "self" to begin with in your predefined parameters and static definition of what the self might be, and you are capable of applying "self" to your own being, then, regardless of how abstract your existence is, there is still a "self" able to identify its own existence.

Therefore, there is a self if it is capable of thinking.

(not true btw)

Nice counter-argument.

>open MS Word
>type "I think therefore I am"
>save the file
>the proposition, which was induced by me, now exists as it's own entity, and can be conjured separately and at random by a souless, unthinking machine
Love it when modern technology and progress B philosophers of the old TFO

I don't want to reply to you seriously, encourage you to post more, and further lower the quality of the thread.

>graffiti on a building wall "I think therefore I am"
>BTFO my argument

You're basically arguing that the self can't exist because an inanimate thing can be produced, which is . . . interesting?

But you're a frogposter so I guess this is just bait.

Belief is the lifeblood of lies. Truth requires none.

A convenient excuse to use in order to justify not posting your own thoughts or countering any argument.

Well done, pseud!

Says the genius who claims that because a concept maps onto reality in a useful way that the concept represents an existing thing lmao

who is in the right, my brain or me?

Proves the existence of the self famalamadingdong.

Alternatively, try Kant's first Critique and Fichte.

Except it is, per definition.

If you disagree, go on ahead and provide a definition of self.

/thread

kek I love this