Say our universe is a simulated reality by some supercomputer...

Say our universe is a simulated reality by some supercomputer, would it eventually be possible through our simulated physics to escape/leave that simulated reality into the supercomputer's reality?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to pet that doggo

Even if the universe is the same universe we always thought it was (physical, whatever the fuck that means), it is still a simulation.
In other words, this is a nonsense question.

Youre a nonsense question

Fuk u u hrt mi fels :(

Yeah dude, that's what happens when we die.

What does the fox say?

Your consciousness would require a vessel to inhabit in that higher reality. Technically, since you are being simulated on the computer, you are already inhabiting a vessel. You just don't have sensory input or a body to interact with that higher reality in a direct manner.
Your experiences in the simulation might depend on a stream of external information from the higher reality, but they could also just be from a closed simulation that isn't fed any external input. Basically, you might already have some sort of sensory input from that higher reality.
As for acting in that higher reality, there may be beings observing what you do in the sim and taking actions in the higher reality based on what you are doing. They might not even be intelligent beings. They might just be actuators that take the data from your sim and simply decide to steer left or right.

Is 1 neuron conscious? Is a neuron that is connected to a photo-receptor conscious? Is a neuron that tells a muscle fiber to fire conscious? Do the experiences of a single neuron even remotely resemble those of the aggregate consciousness?

You might just be a neuron whose entire reality is just the interactions between you and the neighboring neurons. You don't know how the inputs from the higher reality manifest in your experiences and you don't know how your outputs manifest in the output of the vessel you inhabit.

Can minesweeper escape Windblows and put a flag in your ass?
Nope.

>leave that simulated reality into the supercomputer's reality?
DMT

I want to fuck that fox.

The answer is possibly. You're using hacks or specific codes to do that in a computer simulation. The RL equivalent would be to utilize something like spell magic or occult science and to understand consciousness like it's never been understood before.

No.

However if our universe is a simulated reality by some simulated supercomputer in another simulated reality we might be able to go up a level by finding exploits.

It depends on what you mean by "leave."
You can't take your simulated body and move it to the non-simulated world because it's a program and not an actual body.
But assume for example that we aren't in a simulation and this is just a physical world like it appears. And suppose that next year an AI program gains awareness and starts interacting with us e.g. through public internet facilitated communication or even by taking control of a physical robot body.
We could do the same thing going back to your simulation example. We would be interchangeable with the AI in the non-simulation example as a program that could interact with the physical world despite not being a physical organism itself.

"you have a flat dick"

No. Not without the cooperation of the entity running the simulation.
Look, there were LoonyToons cartoons once where Daffy and Bugs undergo drastic changes to their environments, clothing, and bodies -- all through the intervention of a paintbrush which intrudes from outside the frame.
Can the characters do anything about their situation? Can they fight back against the unseen cartoonist?
We (in the EXTREMELY unlikely case that we're simulated. About as probable as "Boltzmann Brains") would be stuck.

You ask this as if we could possibly predict the technological capabilities of a computer capable of simulating an entire universe.

If you could hack into computer running us, yes. You could send a copy of yourself to a nearest 7d-printer and instantly kill your clone from sensory overload, if he doesn't instantly annihilate from obeying different set of physical laws.
You could also remotely control a robot from within our universe, with all the sensory data processed to fit your brains. But that would feel like stepping down a level instead of stepping up, making you think the research you invested all your life savings in was an elaborate scam.
Even if you were able to move anything closely resembling "yourself" into higher reality, higher realities are for higher beings, so you would be roughly analogous to a microorganism, while locals would be like reproducing nation-collectives.
So if you ever hack our reality, it might be better idea to play god within it than try to take on the external world.

No.

/thread

>EXTREMELY unlikely
extremely likely*
why brainlets are still allowed to post is beyond me

Simulation hypothesis is stupid, humans are autistic with logic and the inner workings of our reality are very hard to logically explain like quantum physics for example, there is no way humans would make a simulation of the universe with such inconsistent physical laws at all.

t. brainlet

go to bed elon

>can the sims escape my game???

>there is no way humans would make a simulation of the universe with such inconsistent physical laws at all.
You'd be surprised.

A self-aware Sim could get control of something physical in our world like a robot body.
>B-But we'd just make sure the game wouldn't let them do that!
If they're self-aware and intelligent then you necessarily already gave them access to a lot more resources than what you can reliably guarantee will never allow for unexpected hijacking of other systems.
Even with something as innocuous as an entertainment system for a car can be exploited to allow for hijacking the car itself without any sort of direct physical tampering in person required i.e. it's something a body-less entity could accomplish.
wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

A self aware sim can't exist without my computer by definition. It might be able to change the computer it is in, but never escape it. Therefore answer to OP's question is no.

Act so that you create a buffer overflow.

It can move to a different substrate like any other program can. You could say it stops counting as a "Sim" at that point but that's just semantics.
>Therefore answer to OP's question is no.
And that's more wrong than your stance on Sims was. A non-Sim program could definitely move to another substrate like a robot body and you wouldn't even have your semantics argument available in that case since it wouldn't be a "Sim," unless you're now defining all programs as things that aren't able to be ran anywhere but the environment they were first created in.

or he could become the computer (operating system), and evolve into AI capable of learning and from there transfer/expand itself to another computers and then go full skynet, build biological bodies and transfer its consciousness into them

I guess we could draw parallels. If one wants to evolve further one needs to replace all humans with the copies of itself and then somehow link them together, or just maybe use all available matter to grow giant planet sized brain, build enough of these connected by quantum means and one will become a singularity and will be able to see and exist in the next plane of existance

I love foxes but please don't have sex with them

Read Descartes and find some philosophy wankers to stroke off with. Leave /sci alone.

This is literally the plot to the third Star Ocean game.

I want to fuck your eye socket

Best answer.

only if the simulator allowed it and the outside physics supported it
so probably not
although observing the outside world should be a lot more possible

>You might just be a neuron whose entire reality is just the interactions between you and the neighboring neurons. You don't know how the inputs from the higher reality manifest in your experiences and you don't know how your outputs manifest in the output of the vessel you inhabit.
well shit, I thought I'd considered every meaningful possibility on this, but I didn't think of that before

it's a good thing computers are never connected to each other

>Say our universe is a simulated reality by some supercompute
Lets not