Tfw in a group project and half my team dont give a fuck and wont do work

>tfw in a group project and half my team dont give a fuck and wont do work

REEEEE. Is this common?

Yes. Do all the work and stop complaining.

Yes, (((education))) exists to carry idiots through on the backs of smart people and give them degrees so they think they are smart and are therefore easier to manipulate.

If you were actually smart you would have nothing to do with it.

Pareto distribution.

tell your professor and get them removed from the marking
if they want to be niggers, they can eat shit

>group project
>>>/humanities/

I'm actually studying Biology so...

undergrad bio is the humanities of STEM.

wait till you get a real job and feel how it is when others try to prevent you from doing work instead of doing nothing.

t. man with a clean room

If its possible, divide labor, and write it up somewhere. Do your part as you seem fit, and let them do their part. If shit goes down, you will have proof that you did your job.

>team halfasses everything
>I write that our group was unmotivated in the reflection notes
>get the feedback that my reflection notes were too negative
o-oh so I was supposed to lie, polish and sugarcoat it

But this contributes to MY final mark so it has to be good. It's not split mark distributed. If we do well, we all get a good mark. The mark is awarded to the team, not the member.

Welcome to the real world

Talk to your professor retard, ask him if you can do an alternate assignment

Do you actually try to communicate with them? Or does it go
>C-can you guys do something? Deadline is soon
>Yeah yeah
>O-ok

In the real world I can throw the smart hard working guy under the bus for my own mistakes

Well, thats retarded.

>Is this common

Yes.

>Is this common?
So common that there are hundreds of scholarly articles about it online.

>20/80 on a couple people
Thats just unlucky desu

>team project
>meet up with team
>start working, ask people about stuff
>they answer but then get distracted and talk about shit like tv shows and food
>for 2 fucking hours straight
>dont say a word, instead work through more than my fair share of the assignment
>right when they decide to start working I start packing up, tell them I've done X, X, X etc
>they try to split up the remaining stuff evenly and assign me something
>find out in peer evaluations I got 50% for regular team meeting attendance

Seriously what the fuck. I try so hard, I try to tell people to just get it done but it gets shoved right back in my face. Fuck.

>>start working, ask people about stuff
>>they answer but then get distracted and talk about shit like tv shows and food
>>for 2 fucking hours straight
>>dont say a word, instead work through more than my fair share of the assignment
>>right when they decide to start working I start packing up, tell them I've done X, X, X etc

You're problem was being autistic and not understanding social cues.

Suck it up buttercup, and do exactly what every other smart person does in the world: do the project yourself.

Yes, it's common.
Talk to your tutor about it.

>do the project yourself
That's a terrible idea.

Nah fuck that. I'm busy as it is. Why the fuck should I do other people's work?

>start university
>expect to be able to do it alone
>turns out course has emphasis on group work
>drop out

I always do all the work. I don't trust them but I have absolute confidence in myself.

t. engineer

The concept of group projects is utterly retarded. Usually, the profs are simply too lazy to correct too many assignments

Your situation is honestly better than mine. In my lab group I have two of the stupidest people I've ever met but they pretend to know what's happening around them even though I'm pretty sure the only thought they're capable of beyond basic physiological desires is something to do with video games. It's not that they do nothing, it's that they won't just swallow their pride and do nothing. Instead they fucking pretend to be trying to figure out the lab even though they're brains are too fucking underdeveloped. im blasting through the lab on my own and they stare at the fucking page like the answers gonna appear from thin air and have the dumbest pursed lipped fake thinking face on and then they go "ey, brah, what'd you get for this one?"

I show them all my answers anyways. Just fucking wait until I'm finished then copy all my answers so I can leave.

And yes if you're wondering they're black

i specifically ask to do any group projects alone. in a typical group project, you have 1 smart dude and 3 retards trying to slow the whole thing down with retarded derailments or mistakes.

i remember doing a group project once where we decided to make decisions democratically. we spent 2 hours sitting in front of a table and we got literally nothing done. at that point i told everyone that i was taking charge and basically rammed the whole thing through production

I have the same case when it comes to my semester long project for CompSci, user. It's just a solitaire game though...so its not that hard

>Project divided into 3 phases
>We meet up, two chinese girls and two dudes (including me)
>one of the girls cant speak perfect english
>AhGreat.jpeg
>One of the guys doesn't know what a HashMap is (it's the second part of the intro course series, and we learn it during the first..)
>other girl just rips code from her friend taking previous series class
Moving on..
>First phase, I do my part
>They dont do theirs
>end up staying up until ~4am at a library helping them do all of their parts
>FuckThat.exe

>Phase 2 comes along
>Work is split up among us, but once again I do my part and upload it to GitHub
>This time, However, I do all the remaining parts just incase they fuck up
>My predictions are right
>Teachers notices I have the most commits on github for the project and I get the most points for phase 2

Phase 3 is due soon and I'm doing the same exact thing. What I'm trying to tell you is, do your part and if you KNOW they wont do shit then do everything and tell the Professor.

People are always bitching here that what the uni teaches is too theoretical and we should adopt a more western style course with focus on "soft skills".
I'm glad we don't, this way we only have only one group project in bsc and msc combined

You guys aren't even trying to get on my level

>Be me, chem major
>Lab projects is almost always done in pairs of two
>Almost always get assigned with students who follow a bachelor in leeching of others
>Become old and bittered, telling kids to get off my lawn and all that
>Org chem project, in group with pedostache-boy deluxe who hands in one reportpage per week
>Little to no references
>Horrible English
>Do everything myself, hand everything in with an explanation of our "work-dynamic"

Some days later
>Get called in
>"Gee user your report was really good but you have to work on your social competences"
>Told to be more lenient, more understanding
>"Some people just need more time than others for this kind of stuff"
>For the next project, get coupled to what the teacher described as a "special" student
>Obvious loose wires, in the process of redoing the entire year
>This guy fills volumetric flasks up to 1cm above the marking and tries to make calibration curves that way
>Have to be nice and supportive
>There is no god

This user is right. Universities care about graduation percentages and will therefore let and even actively encourage inept students to leech of the backs of those who are actually trying. The inept ones get the same grades anyway, not that they've learned anything.

My favourite example:
>Analytical chemistry
>We've been studying chromatography for over a year now
>Worked with HPLC and GC loads of times, done method development,etc.
>Teacher comes around to ask us questions during troubleshooting practical
>Lab partner doesn't know what the fucking "C18" in our reversed phase column means
>mfw

patrician choice. usually I'll ask way in advance if they want to start working on it. if they say they want to do it later I'll just do the whole thing, send it to them and ask if they have something to add. they'll usually rejoice, say they have nothing to add and I turn it in.
>boo hoo, I'll learn something