Why do people pretend to like beer?

Why do people pretend to like beer?

The same reason people pretend to like coffee.

some beers are quite nice
though I will admit that beer in general is an acquired taste of sorts

>acquired
aka everyone knows it sucks but you get used to it if you force yourself to

Seems like it, although not all acquired tastes are like that. Things that are bitter or sour have this good taste to them that grows each time you eat and attempt to appreciate them, but it doesn't seem like beer has that at all. Maybe all the beer I've had has been bad though, I don't know.

I like the specific kind of bitterness you get with roasted malts, stouts and porters, things of that nature.

Anything else is garbage though.

It's hard to disagree with this. I like a nice beer, but if you gave one to someone who's never had alcohol before they're going to hate it 100% of the time.

I liked the first porter I ever tasted. So I guess I acquired the taste in that I had a thing I'd never had before and then found out I liked the taste of that thing.

I liked the first beer I ever had, so your 100% is rounding at best.

I love to drink shit beers daily : corona, tecate, miller,, bud, etc.
IPAs once in a while, stouts every other month.

>grew up muslim
>distancing away from the faith now
I've only ever tries Malt drinks, apparently un-sweetened beer. To me they tasted like cereal, pretty cool.

I don't believe you!

It's an acquired taste, one that requires you to seek out stuff you like, much like tea and coffee.
You can't know what good beer tastes like until you've tried lots of shit.

If you're just feeling pressured to drink light beer because your friends do it, you're not gonna like it, that shit is pisswater.

Gotta do my part!

I did too, I remember it being frosty cold and refreshing. Probably depends more on your age than anything else I'd guess.

Dude for fucks sake, beer has been drunk for thousands of years. Maybe you need some sweet beverage to swallow the nuggets mommy makes for you, or some choccy milk for your donuts,. Just let the true non autist human beings enjoy alcohol.

Real talk - a cold glass of chocolate milk sounds about 700 times more appealing than a cold beer. Childish? Not really, I just like things that taste good and don't need to hunt down and force myself to enjoy some shitty beer just to fit in.

I'm a vodka guy but I can understand beer drinkers
hot day, it will be refreshing and give you a bit of a buzz, pretty much a win/win
that being said I don't think i've ever had a beer that I enjoyed the taste of and usually wind up feeling bloated after a couple, plus my tolerance is pretty high because the vodka so if I wanted to get drunk off them i'd have to drink so much i'd be pissing every 10 minutes and burping or farting constantly

Forcing myself? Hell, I need to force myself not to go daily to the store and buy delicious beer. I love beer, beer is like God for me.

Guinness Draught, with the little widget that puts the foam in.

Maybe I'm just a flyover, but this seems like the kind of stuff they'd drink in Valhalla for the rest of eternity.

Tastes like metal and has about as much body as Karen Carpenter

This thread again. It should really net you a life time ban

>being underage

I like the mix of crisp apple and bitters of alcohol in a nice, not-too-sweet cider.

>Beer
>Refreshing

It tastes like shoe polish and it's a diuretic, it's the furthest thing from refreshing you can get. Maybe you guys live in a fucking bud light commercial but beer is piss water and everyone knows it.

there gay

I am so triggered

Children don't like spicy food as a rule, and when I was little I didn't either -- it's usually too strong for their palate.

Just like with beer, I fucking grew up and began to appreciate bitter as a pleasant taste similar to how I enjoy the numbing and heat of Sichuan Chinese hot oil.

The problem with "liking" beer is that people always try something that's cheap and not so good taste-wise. Later on they might try other, better beers. Some of which are genuinely and unironically good.

Also the taste isn't the only reason people might like a beer.

I dislike beer in spite of having tried tons of différent varieties, yet I dont feel the need to shitpost about it in Veeky Forums

it helps that I love pretty much all other forms of alcohol

>xdck post
just when you thought the thread couldnt get any faggyier

I've found that beer is a very acquired taste.
When I was a bit younger, I thought beer was just shit, later I just didn't understand and nowadays even though I still don't really make it my main choice, I have great respect for a good beer with the right meal.
If you get the right shit, there's a lot of nice subtle things going on with the taste.

Still hate IPAs though.

op is waiting for this thread to die to post the same shit about coffee, then wine, then tea, then whatever type of food/drink you can't find on a sizzlers kids menu

It's mandatory.

You gotta drink it right. I don't know how to explain it, but I swear when I just fit this particular liquid (not sure about other beers) into my mouth the right way, it is an amazing experience.
I think food is always a solid addition when drinking beer.
Best way I can say it is like this. Sometimes, when I buy a good ingredient that you wouldn't normally just eat on its own, I'll fucking start wastefully eating the shit out of it any way to fully appreciate what I can do with it.
Appreciating beer is almost the same thing.

You like beers for their craftsmanship and overall taste+texture+smell+etc., not just because you have some sort of weird affinity for bitter.

Incidentally, I don't know if Fat Tire is a quality beer, but its the drink I had when I started to appreciate beer so fuck it this is what I drink now.

why do people pretend to not like beer?

>get used to it if you force yourself to
That's not how acquired taste works.
My mother hates watermelon. If she ate watermelon all the time, she wouldn't stop hating watermelon.
She just hates it and she hates things with similar tastes too, like cucumber.
Its unlikely much will change that.

But beer is different. A good beer has a complex taste with a lot of subtleties to it. Its kind of like how if you watch a film but miss an important part of it, the whole film can look like shit. But if you pay close attention, not only will you not miss all the important shit, but you'll also be able to note just how well the film was truly made and see it in a completely different light.

This is also why I hate the mentality often present in film class. Learning how film works and considering what a director means when they put X thing in Y scene using a Z shoot shouldn't cause them to devolve into bland molds that make you hate all films.
Instead, if you really know your cinematography, it should give you more appreciation for all the shit you now see going on in a film.

Just gotta try different styles. Myself, for example, HATE IPAs/pale ales- I find hops a weird kind of bitter. Similarly to bittermelon, without the latter's tastiness. However, stouts and porters are amazing- they have a different bitter reminiscent of coffee, cocoa, caramel, and burnt toast. Also, it doesn't hurt that there are sweet and non-bitter styles like tripels and wheat beers. Open mind, open palate, user!

Have you ever considered that people just like things that you don't like?