Do you Veeky Forumsentists buy books or do you (pirate) read from a digital screen?

Do you Veeky Forumsentists buy books or do you (pirate) read from a digital screen?

Used book buyers: you have 5 seconds to justify why you don't support authors, content creators, and publishers by buying new.

What are essential Veeky Forums & /g/ books to have at all times? (textbooks, paperbacks, references, etc.)
>inb4 read the sticky/wiki

>Used book buyers: you have 5 seconds to justify why you don't support authors, content creators, and publishers by buying new.
it's cheaper

>Falling for the paper jew

Good goy

Buy used, as well as international when applicable. There is no justification outside of "Money!" for bumping up book prices from $30-$50 to $250-$300. Besides, most textbooks are the same bullshit in a different order. 10th editions look like 2nd editions, but with some different examples and problem order/numbers.
When it comes to reading material, though, you can find pretty much anybody's work online as long as it is sufficiently old or commonplace.
I don't support publishers because they absolutely beat the living shit out of the content they are sold by authors, who try to sell as piecemeal as possible, for above reason. This also contributes to the textbook sluggishness talked about earlier.
Either way, pirate when you can, buy used when you can't.

essential Veeky Forums books are whatever books are good references for your current field of study, brainlet

aka hartshorne

>anyone can put thousands of hours into becoming an expert in a general field, topic, or specific discipline, and additionally spend hundreds of hours in writing a coherent, thoroughly-researched composition for people to learn from and reference from
>they do it all for free, too; no compensation for their time, efforts, or works required
s h i g g y

I generally prefer to own physical books.

>/g/ books

>What are essential Veeky Forums & /g/ books to have at all times?
Just read the wikia. There are very few essential books everyone expects you to have read.

Baby Rudin, Papa Rudin, Jackson, TC++PL, The Art of Electronics, The Bible (NJB, NRSV-CE, RSV-2CE, NABRE, DR, or Knox versions)....

>Baby Rudin, Papa Rudin
Rudin is a meme

>why you don't support authors, content creators, and publishers by buying new.
Because they try to fucking Jew me by making me pay hundreds of dollars for a "new edition" that fixes mistakes from the previous one that shouldn't have been in there anyway.

The textbook industry is a monopoly and a scam.

>t. computer illiterate
Software is a thing, look it up, babby.

Good list, except for that schizophrenic fairy tale shit.

I do both. I can use the digital copy fucking anywhere and sometimes I feel its better in certain situations.

The marginal cost of making another copy for me is 0 :^)

D E A L
W I T H
I T

>bible
>literally schizophrenic writings of 2000 year old middle eastern goatfuckers

Kys unironically

>>literally schizophrenic writings of 2000 year old middle eastern goatfuckers

nice fucking monitor

Always, always buy books, if they're GOOD books, and are related to your research.

>le hat man
i saw that on reddit too lmfao

shittiest list

>le fedora meme XD

K christcuck, keep believing in your schizophrenic bullshit lel

Such intellectual name calling void of any real arguments. So rational, so logical, so objective, so scientifically minded, so enlightened, so forward thinking and progressive, so all the right stuff, so wow. You all are clearly the Neil deGrasse Tyson of your generation.

[math]Spoiler_{_{click ~to ~read}} %% Nobody is trying to drag you to church, stop being so autistically triggered. Do you freak out whenever some tells you to read something pagan like Plato or Aristotle? [/math]

>Used book buyers: you have 5 seconds to justify why you don't support authors, content creators, and publishers by buying new

I'm not paying pearson 300$ so they can give 1.25$ to the publisher and pocket the rest

Neither do I pirate nor do I buy.
I legally download the books from my University.