Friendly reminder that Veeky Forums is strictly a Catholic board

Friendly reminder that Veeky Forums is strictly a Catholic board.

Other urls found in this thread:

archeparchy.ca/wcm-docs/docs/catechism-of-the-catholic-church.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If it is then you guys are some of the worst practicing Catholics I've ever come across.

Nondenominational reporting in, fuck da pope :DDDDD

I have rescinded my commitment to the Catholic church and will reconsider after Francis (and Benedict) is dead.

>implying that obeying made up rules and rituals that are based on absolutely nothing better biblical is Veeky Forums

It's really cute that you pray to human beings and still call yourself Christians

yes because catholics have always been the friendliest bunch there is amirite. there is only one true christianity and that is not catholicism

Same to you, why is it so difficult for you guys to stop making up extra-biblical crap?

It's only patrish to be a catholic if you're from a Protestant country and were raised Protestant.

if you are from a swarthy southern e. back water you should be Anglican or episcopal

>being a Protestant

Enjoy purgatory, sinner.

Orthodox or bust

So, it's patrician to be a catholic in America?

You should found a tri-contrarian church.

>idolatrous cult of Mary inc.
No, thanks.

Jej

So you should be contrarian to your upbringing regardless of the true faith? (Catholicism)

Why, because I don't follow the rules that were never mentioned one by God ever? Is that why I'm going to the place never mentioned by God ever?

what are you referring to?

Because you have to be pure of heart to enter Heaven; and if one never repents for their sins, which protestanfags never do, then, he cannot enter heaven immediately upon death and will have to wait it out in purgatory until he's been cleansed, you faggot.

>Catholics worship Mary

When will this meme end?

did the man in the big hat tell you that?

And your logic for this is that I don't take place in a ritual that Jesus didn't ever speak about and began centuries after his death. So you think that the apostles all went to Purgatory because they didn't do the specific rituals you do?

Catholocism is just as stupid as Mormonism, it just has a longer history

When you stop praying to her

Nondenominational: the decaf instant coffee of Christianity.

>he thinks Christ dying on the cross is enough for him to go to Heaven

You've got a big surprise coming your way, kiddo.

Yes, that's why Veeky Forums has such a boner for Catholicism despite being otherwise absolutely and totally contrary to everything the Catholic church stands for.

>I sure am glad to be a christ follower
>Oh wow, you're a follower of christ as well?
>Yes but I'm better than you because some guy a thousand years ago said that jesus was wrong

If you've ever asked a family member or a friend to pray for you then you're as "bad" as anyone who's ever prayed to Mary.

Do you not understand the difference between "for" and "to"? Treating Mary as a Divine entity who can and does answer prayers in the same way that God does is literally 100% against what the bible says, and is also 100% different than speaking to God ABOUT someone else.

How are you this delusional?

>Praying to god for someone else's wellbeing
>Just as bad as praying to a non-god AKA idolatry.

The "roleplaying as Christians" thing is the most autistic subculture on the site, and I include Bronies and anime posters in that.

>this damage control

Wew

This is the argument of Catholics. "wew"

No argument, no explanation for your outlandish and extra-biblical beliefs, just "I'm right because I said so". Nothing you believe in has almost any relation to actual christianity.

I won't deny it, but I'm not lazy about my theology. I would probably join the orthodox church if there was one around me tbache, but I'm surrounded by southern baptists.

aw fuck it's a fast day. fuck you man

Speaking of christian literature, a particular thread from yesterday had me read Vodolazkin's Laurus, and man, am I loving it.

Highly recommended. It's on amazon for kindle, bookz and my MEGA with country of origin folders. You know the one.

Baptism is one of the most, if not the most, patrish form of Christianity.

>protestanfag thinks Catholicism, the church founded by Christ himself, is somehow wrong, whereas his man-made denomination isn't

You're not fooling anyway, pal.

>Jesus founded our church!!!
>Except he never mentioned anything about any of our weird beliefs in the bible, but I promise he told someone who told me!!!

What the fuck are you smoking? This is exactly as bad as the Muslim narrative about Jesus. You just pretend that he said some shit later no one wrote down, but you somehow know about.

>the church founded by Christ himself
This is some Stalin-tier revisionism

can you post the link here? i can't find it on bookzz or libgen

Genuinely want to sodomize Christ-Chan and spunk all over her blue dress my boys.

>Except he never mentioned anything about any of our weird beliefs
>Jesus wrote the Pauline letters
this is dumb even for protestants

>he's unaware of the fact that Christ himself picked his apostles
>he's unaware of the fact of the fact that he gave his apostles the power to forgive others of their sin
>after Christ died, the apostles spread the His teachings, eventually forming the foundation of the Catholic Church

>weird beliefs
>doesn't think tradition is passed on over generations, like the Jews have done
>reeeee, if it's not in the Bible, then it can't be true

You realize that a bunch of guys picked which books were to be in the Bible, right?

>claims to be catholic
>idolizes some cartoon girl

>he hasn't gone full cardinal newman
topcuck

>implying there's anything wrong with that

Shit old white people made up to exploit the poor does not supercede the Bible. You believe effectively nothing that actual Christians believe. You hide behind rituals and traditions and have no love for God, only yourself and your earthly foundations. You are the Pharisees.

>old white people

Now I know you're just b8ing us.

>Messianic Judaism = Catholicism
tickling my thinkinator there, thanks man

>catholic posting literal pagan images

No surprises there.

The Jews reliance on tradition and all-consuming adherence to them is literally the main source of Jesus' conflict with them. There are so many points in the gospels where Jesus is basically saying "Yes, blindly adhering to tradition is bad and I don't want you to do it".

I don't know why you would think this kind of behaviour is suitable for Christianity.

>literal pagan images

Nice dodge. That feeling you're experiencing is the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Maybe with enough idolatry and hatred you can make it be quiet.

Literally a feel-good hug box for wishy-washy people.

let's not turn this into a saintly waifu thread. tho st luccia should be our boardtan

Can anyone recommend a good intro to Catholicism?

You don't understand what I'm saying. When you pray TO Mary what you are doing is asking her to pray FOR you, which is the same thing as asking anyone else to pray FOR you. If you say you shouldn't pray to Mary what you are saying is that you shouldn't ask someone else, in this case the mother of Jesus, to pray for you.

A lobotomy.

catechism

None of the self-proclaimed Catholics on this site are proper Catholics, you wouldn't be on Veeky Forums if you were.

inb4 buttmad croat

You're equivocating "traditions" with "Tradition."

>You hide behind rituals and traditions and have no love for God, only yourself and your earthly foundations.

Not really sure what you're getting at here, kiddo. You do realize how ridiculous your claim sounds, right? If we didn't love Christ, we wouldn't be Catholic. End of discussion. We'd be atheists or affiliate with some other man-made, pagan religion. The Catholic Church is the most loving, all-encompassing religious body in the world. We strive to save everyone's souls, not the so-called earthly power you speak of.

>which is the same thing as asking anyone else to pray FOR you.
No it isn't. If I ask someone to pray on my behalf I'm not acting as if they have godlike powers of being able to hear and answer prayers, I'm making a simple request of them.

By praying directly to a deceased person like Mary you are assuming they have godlike powers to hear and answer prayers, it's barely any different to pure ancestor worship. Not that, that isn't rife in Catholic countries as well.

You don't pray to Mary because she is not omnipotent and omnipresent like Christ is, thus she cannot hear you. She was human like anyone else. She was a servant of God, she had no special traits that would make her gain Divine abilities in heaven, nor did any of the other humans you worship.

Makes sense. Most of you are terrified of subjecting your ideas to an adult level of scrutiny and preserving your opinions means cutting yourself off of any of the world that doesn't fit them.

Read the catechism and find your faith, m8.

archeparchy.ca/wcm-docs/docs/catechism-of-the-catholic-church.pdf

Yes?

>I'm exempt because I say so

nice heavenly trips, but there's no such thing as a good catholic to show up anywhere. even the saints are thieves and liars, and we're all near anomalies hanging on by the grace of god.

mega://#F!51Q0waSI
Key: !4Ut-eePQr9YSjHJJTQs7Ew

It's on the "/Rusk Writers/Eugene Vodolazkin" folder.

>knows nothing of Catholicism
>makes generalizing assumptions about them

The contest of saint waifu's has already been decided by Jesus himself. No other woman was given the honor of wearing Christs foreskin as a wedding ring.

You love your rituals because they make you feel safe, they have nothing to do with God. God is simply your excuse for performing those rituals. Just like the Jews who rarely speak of God and even profess no belief in him, you're more interested in the lifestyle than God.

And Catholics literally have a global hierarchy and earthly leader who governs a country. Catholics are undeniably after earthly power

>anorexic mystic patron of sexual temptation and sickness
vs
>patron saint of writers, martyrs and the blind
hard call, but i think we eat too much to forsake lucy.

What's your background?

>There is a postscript or smaller point to be added here to this paradox; which I know that many will misunderstand. Becoming a Catholic broadens the mind. It especially broadens the mind about the reasons for becoming a Catholic. Standing in the centre where all roads meet, a man can look down each of the roads in turn and realise that they come from all points of the heavens. As long as he is still marching along his own road, that is the only road that can be seen, or sometimes even imagined.

-G. K. Chesterton, "The Catholic Church and Conversion."

In other words, there are lots of good intros to Catholicism, but which one is good for YOU will depend on what kind of person you are.

E D F Y

edfy?

Chesterton: Orthodoxy

>as if they have godlike powers of being able to hear and answer prayers

And yet you think that the people you know have the godlike power of being able to talk to God and get him to do stuff. If you think your mom is capable of that is it really so unbelievable that the mother of God is capable of merely hearing prayers and asking God for things?

Let me put it this way: do you think the people in heaven, the angels and the saints, AREN'T capable of hearing prayers? Do you think when you get to heaven you don't care about the people on earth, can't hear their requests, and can't ask God to help them? So they're LESS capable and LESS close to God than the people on earth?

Why is the bible correct if the Tanakh says that the Jewish messiah will contain completely different qualities.
>Messiah will be from the line of David
>Messiah ends up being god born of a Virgin and a cuck

Jesus very clearly respected Tradition, as evidenced by the pains he (and the Gospels, e.g. Matthew 1:1-17) took to establish himself as a part of that tradition. What Jesus had a problem with was putting TRADITIONS before the reason for the traditions. In other words, his problem was with people putting traditions before tradition.