Common core

common core

more like photo shop

Whoevere wrote that quiz/exam/whatever WROTE THIS IN MICROSOFT WORD. Holy shit this triggers me so fucking much. Jesus, just take 5 FUCKING MINUTES to learn LaTeX.

"Show your work" didn't start with Common Core, child.

Now show your fucking work.

>le show your work

Fuck this meme. My answer should be poof enough that I understand the material, bitch.

your answer alone is proof that you know how wolfram alpha works

>letting your students use wolfram alpha while writing a test

His answer to the first one is also wrong, since the slope should be negative.

So he's got no work and an answer that -looks- close to the right one, but which he would know is wrong if he pictured the circle in the problem. The circle is centered at (-2, -1), so the point is on the top right part of it -- the tangent line isn't going to have a positive slope.

That's a sign that he either tried to quickly copy off of a neighbor, or he remembered a homework/review problem that was similar and just wrote the answer he remembered from it.

Anyway, no, your answer isn't proof that you understand shit.

rekt

>if i put wolfram answers on a flash card and memorize them i win XD

You are a shining example of exactly why you are forced to show your work.

Why bother posting a still form the episode of Young Sheldon that came out today? My family made me watch it after thanksgiving dinner, I recognize that image. It's a shit show based off an ever shitter show that you use to bash common core.
0/10 shitpost

Put in more effort next time bud

>having wolframalpha flash cards ready to go for every test

wewlad.jpg

Can confirm; this is from "Young Sheldon" It is at 14:09 in the web version.

I don't get it.

The point is not on the circle, the line that is tangent to the circle and goes through the point can be drawn in TWO ways, and BOTH have positive slope. I don't think the answer is right anyway (at least I get irrational coefficients on paper), but your reasoning seems off.

>the line that is tangent to the circle and goes through the point can be drawn in TWO ways, and BOTH have positive slope
.\
O\

Think again, buddy.

Oh, it's 13? I thought it was "=1)", but didn't think about checking if there's a left parenthesis. Then I rest my case.

>can't even read the problem
Let's not show any work though

Your way of writing is the most obnoxious and infuriating I've come upon so far. Congratulations you absolute fucking waste of space, you've managed to enrage me not by the content of your comment, which is just you being a little bitch boy about a subject you're too much of a brainlet to understand, but by its very form. Please fuck off.

>hurr durr, I'm learning LaTeX at school, I'm so bright

Nobody cares about latex outside of university kiddo.

The post is correct and the explanation in it is straightforward. If that upsets you, the problem is with you.

Whoever took this test literally didn't follow the directions at all. For the first one, no work was shown and for the second, the relative minima and maxima aren't shown. What a retard.

>Learn a maths editor to make maths more readable and legible
>WOAH LOOK AT ME I'M SHOWING OFF
You're either too dumb to learn LaTeX, which quite frankly, is astounding, or you've never taught/published research. You probably do your pre-calc HW (as a senior at uni) using a pen.

I once wanted to learn latex but all I could find was fucking 40 video tutorials 30min each by some indian monkeys and I have ADD so I can't read for longer than 1 minute

Shitposting aside, common core is designed to make you blindly follow rules and question yourself even when you know something is true. It's social engineering

>Common core is terrible, we might accidentally teach students how to do maths.