ADHD

Redpill me on this disorder. Is it actually an actual condition or is it just an attempt to tone down boys because they're too energetic for modern parents to withstand?
Is it just an attempt for (((them))) to control the populace with adderall?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Li_tcua0AJI
youtu.be/UWnJ4wjVu9k
youtu.be/vqRec-K4qY4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindsight
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton–Babinski_syndrome
scientificamerican.com/article/when-blindness-is-in-the-mind/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everything you've said, besides that we're to dumb to comprehend the sheer complexity of our lives. ADHD is just a concept for therapeutic treatment for serious cases, nobody should identify anyone with it. The large trend shows that independent thought on this matter is quite rare, what leads to psychology expressing itself as pseudoscience.

>ADHD is just a concept for therapeutic treatment for serious cases, nobody should identify anyone with it.

That's like saying nobody should identify blind/deaf/handicapped people. The whole idea that adhd people are just like everyone else (except a bit eccentric or something) is just as much of a meme as people who think adhd is some kind of "special gift".

OP, if you actually want to learn about the condition, look into Russell Barkley's research:
youtu.be/Li_tcua0AJI

He's the one with the most credentials in the field, but there are also some interesting alternative perspectives that aren't a bunch of "big pharma" conspiracy woo-woo:

youtu.be/UWnJ4wjVu9k

youtu.be/vqRec-K4qY4

Regardless, all evidence does point to adhd actually being a legit cluster of anomalous traits that emerges in the population, just as much as (moderate-to-severe) autism, schizophrenia, and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. The question is why, what causes/triggers it, and what can be done about it to make use of adhd-ers, and make sure they don't all just end up dead or on the wellfare system.

>That's like saying nobody should identify blind/deaf/handicapped people.
Brainlet detected.

>controlling population
>with adderall

Adderal can have numerous serious side effects.

>That's like saying nobody should identify blind/deaf/handicapped people
what sort of characteristics define adhd? what sort of characteristics define blindness/deafness/... you see what I'm getting at?

adhd is a grey term to warrant the prescription of mind expanders like adderall, especially among adolescents where the parents are overly concerned about their child's performance in school

besides the eventual complete dependence, adderall is quite the substance for a high functioning individual - increases focus immensely, and also can boost baseline intelligence (sometimes incredibly)

adderall is overall pretty benign in the gamete of stimulants, empirically about 15-30x stronger than caffeine, as compared to pure methamphetamine which is off the charts stronger in both focus and intelligence boost, and short lived euphoric

>didn't watch any of the links or do a basic google search

>what sort of characteristics define ____?

blindness -> vision impairment
deafness -> hearing impairment
adhd -> executive function impairment

>>you see what I'm getting at here?

it's obviously a much more complicated category than blindness though, isn't it?

>inb4 brainlets don't know what "executive functioning" is

calling everyone who doesn't know everything you know and coupling that with the assumption that the sum total of human knowledge is in the same direction as your own development probably makes you a brainlet, i'm afraid

>implying blindness isn't complicated

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindsight

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton–Babinski_syndrome

scientificamerican.com/article/when-blindness-is-in-the-mind/

calling bullshit and citing conspiracy theories on a subject whose details one doesn't know about also makes one a brainlet, I'm afraid

oh yeah i didn't do that though so i got lucky this time hah
you seem really triggered it's like youre compensating

yeah, compensating for the bullshit condition I was born with that nobody ever acknowledges exists, making me have to go around explaining and justifying stupid shit about my behavior and general consistency. It gets old hearing the same bs over and over again after a while user.

Is there an alternate way to treat adhd?

Behavioural medication, or CBT. But that doesn't do much desu

modification*

I've been taking medication for a week now and I don't feel really different.

>cock and ball torture
kinky

No. Addys are awesome

You have to hit critical activation level user, and stimulants require you to slightly over-medicate.

yes, by beatings. you only see an increase in adhd rates with the decline of corporal punishment. my dad had "adhd" when he was a kid, but the nuns beat it out of him. every once in a while he gets hyper active (he's almost 80), but then we show him a ruler and he quiets down.

I don't believe in hitting. There's got to be an alternate way.