If david foster wallace killed himself, why shouldn't i?

if david foster wallace killed himself, why shouldn't i?

who said you shouldn't? follow your dreams, user

because i've told you not to.

Killing yourself is the most reddit thing you can do

Just goes to show you that not everything is an ...... "Infinite Jest"

Because then you wouldn't be able to follow your ideals.

If you can kill yourself at any time, why do it? Why not explore life before you die, see if there's anything worth doing?

“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.”

that's a new one

Are you depressed? You should try to kill yourself when you're not depressed, why be a slave to your emotions?

Because of this.

Because you haven't found salvation in Christ. If you had you wouldn't be asking this question.

Not an argument.

Because there's infinite pleasure out there and I don't give a fuck about anything else

Nice meme. Not only is it an argument, but to OP's question it's the only argument.

I am having a major fucking mandela moment right now and it's freaking me out. I swear to god I know DFW was alive and I saw photos of him at some recent conference or signing.

proofs

i think i'm less depressed than i've been in a while, in terms of just my mood, but my disinterest in basically everything has only grown stronger. and some times it's just full blown disgust.

it's so fucking stupid but for example i saw this picture of the new chuck e cheese design and it literally made me want to kill myself. i really don't know why some things make me feel this way lol, but some things just make me want to die. i'm not just saying that like how people say that, i actually mean it. certain people make me feel this way too. i just don't like being a human very much tbqh

That's just it, I can't find any. I fucking know I'm not insane. I remember seeing it and possibly even a meme thread on here about it, but I can't find any record of it.

what makes you think the conference was recent?

Relax. That Chuck e Cheese design made me want to kill myself too.

You're probably not insane, but just know that human memory is a notoriously error-prone faculty.

If you live and not kill yourself you will always have the option to kill yourself, but if you kill yourself you do not have the option to live, meaning killing oneself closes more doors than it opens.

t. normalfag "it gets better" optimist

If you're in a hallway of many doors which all lead to torture then you shouldn't just turn around and leave because then you'd be keeping closed more doors that you could open.

My mother would die (of a heart attack or something) if I ever killed myself, that's my reason not to. But also, I find the desire to write keeps me motivated and looking toward the future: a great hobby to have because desiring to write instead of off yourself is a goal that could take years and years to accomplish! Thus keeping you alive for what might be decades.

you should kill yourself for using this shitty meme

Because the Everlasting fixed his canon 'gainst self-slaughter.

cause you're not a genius with a legacy to protect.

I like this, I'm using it

Because you probably have more talent than DFW. He was a terrible writer.

Prove that he is terrible

because of females

Honestly, its weird if you didn't want to kill yourself after seeing that.

You're just misremembering, user. Human memory is notoriously faulty. The Mandela Effect is the perfect expression of human conceit. It's a statement of conviction that your spotty memory is more reliable than the dizzying breadth of hard, factual information readily available at the click of a mouse.

Proof that he's terrible*

Maybe he really was alive at some moment.

Wowzers

yeah but how do you know these doors lead to torture if they're closed and you can't see through them.

I really really really like this post.

this is reddit as hell

Because you're not as intelligent.

kek

>recycling all the kisses you've been given,

>it's so fucking stupid but for example i saw this picture of the new chuck e cheese design and it literally made me want to kill myself.
I haven't laughed this hard since forever, thanks user

Most of the ones you opened previously did, and normies are trying to tell you that most of the ones they opened didn't but you know they are mentally inferior and blind to truth.

Conversely, being too lazy to actually do it is the most Veeky Forums thing you can do.

he was a victim of clinical depression. it's an affliction. you should think of it as equivalent to dying of leukemia.

there is no reason to commit suicide.

lmao

what if i don't want to live anymore?

If you're so goddamn selfish and apathetic that you look around at the world and can't find anything worth caring about enough to live a little longer, then maybe whatever you do is for the best. Just be sure you're not really just looking for attention or pity. You're not going to be around to get it.

If you're going to do it, at least tell everyone beforehand using oblique references slash vicious punchlines. If anyone is interested, check p 207 of EaM (the cut/schnitt thing, "severability," I think even the use of FN "11"), the third to last page of Oblivion (rope, hung, etc), the entire Jim plot of IJ, the like agonizingly overstated short story "Suicide as a sort of Present." The last sentence of "Getting Away." A lot of last sentences. He kicked it on 9/12/2008, but I like to think it was an unforced error: he was shooting for 9/11.

Sounds like ya could use a nice hemp neck hug to cheer up

(the 9/11 idea isn't unfounded, I don't think. "The View from Mrs Thompsons" in Rolling Stone and later CtL is about 9/11; the last short story in his last short story collection has its characters work in WTC N. As established in IJ, he already liked numerology and date symbolism; I would bet he had either November 11th or April 1st 200X Xed out in dry erase on his calendar until 9/11 turned out to have more symbolic weight. All this stuff is impossible to tell real life people about because they get creeped out or worried about you)

I feel ya user i was eating trix cereal the other day and i looked at the box (ive trained myself to ignore the box but this one time it got to me) and like always that motherfucking rabbit, goofy son of a bitch, happy as fuck, bitch its 6 fucking 30 in the am wipe that smile off your face, im grumpy as fuck rn, got a wife that cant shut her mouth and two kids that already hate me, now i have to look at your overly happy ass on 4 hours of sleep

Where does GM find these alcoholic kid diddling cartoonists, specializing in fucked anthropomorphism? A pure white (racist sons o bitches), pink triangular button nose, reaching-for-my-cereal rabbit, stealing cereal and the happiness of youth (mine as well) for over 50 years now, thanks GM

On top of this Trix is just colored balls now

I miss the bananas

I've been browsing threads thinking about reading infinte jest for the past few months and I hadn't read anything about the fact he was dead until this morning, someone mentioned it on a comment on reddit, just outta a nowhere. Now people talking about it here. I had a thought this morning "oh I didn't know he was dead" and thought nothing of it. Then I read this now I;m a bit spooked. Also I watched some video on youtube about the mandela effect about 8 hours ago. This is weird.

Have you read all of Dostoyevsky yet user? Then don't.

I know, I hate silverburst too.