Self claimed coffee fanatic and lover

>self claimed coffee fanatic and lover
>adds sugar

huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j1-1dUbBjgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dude, adding sugar is the least of it. Most people that say they love coffee actually like Starbucks-tier confections.

>putting anything in your coffee, ever

starbucks shite is mostly cream/milk and sugar/syrup, and almost no coffee. last time I bought actual coffee there (so called fresh brew) it was fucking disgusting. as if they use ashtrays to filter their coffee

Bait thread, but there's literally nothing wrong with adding whatever you want to your coffee.

Noone cares about how you drink coffee. If you don't like coffee from certain chains, don't buy it.

>there's literally nothing wrong with adding whatever you want to your coffee.
>nu-males actually believe this

As long as you understand how bad it is for you, fine.

>"I like particular food/drink"
>adds any kind of condiment or seasoning while or after cooking

That's not quite the same thing, since cream and sugar is about covering up the base flavor of coffee, not enhancing it like condiments or seasonings.
Actually good coffee shouldn't need anything extra, cream and sugar should be reserved for doctoring up subpar coffee.

I roast my own coffee that I get from a farm in Costa Rica. If I want to put cream and sugar in it, I'll put as much cream and sugar in it as I want. Drink coffee however tastes best to you.

Sure, enjoy it how you like. But don't claim to love coffee and be a coffee fanatic when it's clear you actually love cream and sugar, not coffee.

>as if they use ashtrays to filter their coffee
yea I've noticed the ash taste too. I wonder why it tastes it like that

I enjoy coffee a lot but I'd never call myself a fanatic. That's some pretentious bullshit.

Only a little bit of each

tall glass
half coffee
half milk

Fucking fight me

I love tea, but that doesn't stop me from adding a spoonful of honey. Your point is stupid. Taste is subjective.

some say it's because of over-extraction and some say it's because they roast their beans extra dark (so the taste is noticable through all the milk/cream/syrus they use in most of their products)

>only a little bit of each

Way to add to the discussing you fucking mong

>no one cares
Were all laughing at you

is adding milk to coffee Veeky Forums approved or do I have to have it the way I like my women, black and bitter?

>OP's post
>Discussion

Then OP doesn't apply to you.

Get bent

The entire idea of getting superior because you enjoy something is retarded. OP shouldn't apply to anyone.

>claims to love coffee
>can't consume it without brewing it in hot water
Well I guess you're a faggot OP

i love coffee and i'll drink it black with breakfast, but if i have a cup after dinner i'll add milk and sugar. limiting yourself just so you can post online about how you're a true coffee lover is only hurting yourself by limiting your options.

>when it's clear you actually love cream and sugar, not coffee.
Then how come they want coffee as opposed to any of the other stuff far richer in cream and sugar? In fact coffee is pretty much the only thing I ever have added sugar in, it's the only reason I have sugar in the house as I rarely eat sweet food. But I sure do love coffee.

>I claim to like coffee
>Now in love with Greek Frappe which is just NesCafe Classic shaken with some water and poured into a glass

Coffee is bitter and thin from being brewed with water, sugar and milk/cream balance it out and it tastes good. Some people think adding any amount of sugar or milk means you're turning it into a Starbucks milkshake or they just want to feel superior to other people, maybe due to some insecurities.

>Self claimed hamburger fan
>adds bread, mayo, bbq sauce, mustard, pickles, tomato, onion, cheese, and lettuce

that would be a burger patty fan

>ask for large coffee with 3 shots of espresso
>brewed coffee and expresso prices aren't on the menu
>"we dont have any coffee brewed, you want a pourover??"
>"yeah sure"
>"you want some room for cream?"
>"no, all black please"
>10 minutes later, they hand it to me
>"maaan i don't know how you can drink it like that"

The biggest problem with this complaint is that most people have no idea how to make it taste good without these at home. The best is just a minute or so in boiling water, let it sit so the grounds sink and pour with top oil into a mug.

Also you can never deny that a sweet doughnut alongside a cup of black is 10/10. This is just sweetened coffee. Its really not a big deal.

Point and laugh at this faggot.

>self-proclaimed food fanatic and lover
>adds salt

huh?

Salt enhances the basic flavor of food, it doesn't cover it up.

>liking coffee and not just eating unroasted coffee beans

>not just eating coffee cherries from the plant like a goat

>self claimed cheese fanatic and lover
>adds bread and wine

huh?

>have passion for edible items
>Veeky Forums

huh?

>drink coffee as a baby because lol white trash
>Eventually get on Adderall for ADD
>Eventually start smoking meth
>Get off meth but miss stimulant euphoria and being super focused
>Been clean from all drugs, including coffee for a few years
>Decided to get back into it after having a cup of Cuban coffee at a restaurant
>Seems so weak
>Buy an Italian press
>Start making espresso
>Start mixing in instant coffee with it and taking diet pills
>Coffee taste like shit now
>Forced to put sugar and milk in it to cut down on the bitterness.

Just fucking kill me senpai.

>Gatekeeping coffee
Do you really have nothing better to do in your spare time

Why don't you just.. drink more espresso instead of adding instant coffee to it

youtube.com/watch?v=j1-1dUbBjgE

Faster. I usually make about 9-10ozs of espresso and start pouring in instant until it's pretty thick, then I'll take a green stinger or two while I'm drinking it.

numales disgust me

Agreed. The only thing acceptable to add to coffee is straight butter. In small doses so you don't make it oily. It just slows down the caffeine high and weakens the crash.

Latte?

>its not the same thing
Gatekeeper plz

>the way ck likes it.
Anyone you choose so the opposite

>Friend tells me he's a coffee maniac
>Always tells me about how he loves a good cup and that nobody seems to make it as good as he does
>One day go over to his house for a study group thing (uni professors fucking suck)
>He boasts about coffee and offers me 'the best I'll ever have'
>Decide to watch him make it
>He's using one of those single-cup keurig percolators
>Folgers Black Silk
>Peppermint Mocha and Hershey's chocolate and caramel coffee mate creamer mixed together
>Tops it with whipped cream and crushed mint chocolate candy
>Gives it to me with a shit-eating grin while daring me to find a better tasting cup

I mean, I'm no expert on coffee but it was such a let-down. It tasted way too sweet and the amount of creamer inside the coffee made the drink syrupy. It was pretty disgusting.

You are LITERALLY NOT a coffee OR tea drinker if you add ANY kind of sugar or sweetener, always love my tea and coffee brews with NO additives; it is LITERALLY the best ever, why do you fucking idiots ruin the best drinks on earth with more sugar or artificial sugar? for fucks sake you are all worthless.

>imports coffee
>roast it himself
> destroys the coffee
Whut

>OR tea
Dunno man
I love myself a good cup of tea in the winter, but English Breakfast doesn't just taste as good to me without that drop of lemon juice

Coffee fetishism is asinine
It's what you get when three generations are raised on pop media
Guess what? It's a cup of drug water and always has been since the 1500's

If you're going to tell me that you're a coffee connoisseur and not, say, a carrot connoisseur or a sandwich connoisseur, and that the reason ISN'T because you mistakenly think that being picky about coffee makes you look sophisticated then you're a fucking liar.

i.e. if you're a 20-something talking about fine coffee roasts I hope you do so while wearing a fedora and an analogue watch whose bezel is too large for your tiny wrists because you're trying entirely way too hard and EVERYONE notices

Haters be hatin cause they ain't me

But if I make hit water with cream and sugar it tastes like shit, if I have cream and sugar in my coffee it tastes like heaven.
This "you don't like coffee if you sweeten it" thing is pretentious bullshit

So I import various black teas but have them with lemon.
Am I a philistine?

They purposefully burn their beans during roasting because that causes them to more or less stop aging, so every Starbucks tastes the same no matter how far the beans have to ship.

I used to think coffee tasted like shit, so I didn't bother adding milk or sugar because it must made it taste like stale shit, so why bother with the effort?

Then I came to just like black coffee.