Why haven't you read this GOAT-tier masterpiece yet?

I want to but I'm halfway through two meme doorstoppers. Please forgive.

>Halfway through TWO meme doorstoppers.

Why read two at once?

What books are they?

Because I'm a retard.

They are The Recognitions and Underworld. Okay maybe the second one hasn't attained meme status but whatever.

It wasn't even that good to be quite honest.

Because it's a hipster meme book that people pretend to think is really good so that they can be unique. No, I don't like REGULAR WELL LIKED large books like Ulysses or War and Peace, I'm a special snowflake, so i like this instead! Isn't my taste so unique and so ME? I'm so well read because I like to read big books that not many people know about, haha silly old me.. :')

You are autistic but correct.

OP actually btfo

Besides the length that's every NYRB. They are just hipster bullshit desu senpai.

What didn't you like about it?

How is it a meme book?

This isn't an argument and it screams "I haven't read it or heard of it so it sucks and is probably a meme book."

>Pic related.

There are hints of truth to this, but its application is largely exaggerated.

>Because it's a hipster meme book that people pretend to think is really good so that they can be
>I didn't like it so everyone else is pretending.
>I didn't like it so everyone who praises it is wrong.
unique.
>Something only women say when they dropped a long book or didn't get something.

Fuck off cunt.

>What didn't you like about it?
Very bloated, unedited, and uneventful. Not much really happens throughout the book. The same points and ideas are brought up again and again and again (e.g. the goat and the wolf, humans being submissive in the face of death, officers sacrificing soldiers for personal gain).

The parts like the Jewish burners, the pilots, the POWs, and the prisoners in Siberia were quite interesting but they are rare. Most of the book focuses on Victor and how he and his wife are falling out of favor with each other and how he is scared of being arrested.

I wish he covered more perspectives. The majority of the major characters are Russian or German officers and they are honestly difficult to tell apart.

My man most nyrbs have great scores because only hipsters read them and they love hipster bullshit so all the scores are inflated just like teens and YA novels Hahahaha

>uses a goodreads review to justify his "oh so special and unique" hipster pleb book taste

>Shitting on books he hasn't read.

Fuck off.

Just Google it then. It is universally praised.

Lots of people do unfortunately read mainstream-in-the-underground books and poems like Fight Club, Divine Comedy, War and Peace, the Stranger, etc. to be cool and unique, but you're a retard for thinking that it compromises the quality in any way because of it. The Stranger is fucking amazing and flows really smoothly and nicely, but I have to read it in my house because if I'm caught dead outside with it, then people like you who think they're cool for not thinking good books are cool assume that I'M attempting to be cool. Read whatever the fuck you want, why waste your time giving a shit about whoever else reads it, douche

It's on my list
Plus I got another book written by a Soviet Dissident that I have to read.

There are two good parts

Stalingrad scenes
The mother mourning her son's death

The rest was 500 pages of filler

This is a good thread

>Besides the length that's every NYRB. They are just hipster bullshit desu senpai.

This opinion is only interesting in that it is parroted despite being so fucking stupid. The sheer diversity of books published by NYRB Classics

That's not why he posted the goodreads screencap, retard; it was to show that it's not (only) offered by nyrb.

??? is one book about new york high culture and it's vapid participants not enough for you?

read them one at at time, I can't imagine being as moved as I was with the end of either book if I was trying to juggle them at the same time. They 're both excellent books and really shouldn't be attacked at the same time, if anything read criticism instead on the sdie

>The Bog People
Can I have a quick rundown on this?