Why the fuck should I read Plato if I've already read Stirner...

Why the fuck should I read Plato if I've already read Stirner? I don't need some preachy virtuecuck telling me why spooks are real.

Other urls found in this thread:

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/max-stirner-the-ego-and-his-own#toc23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I hate melons and don't ever want to eat them I still need to know what exactly melons looks like.

I'm walking into the supermarket, I have been taught to avoid melons, I have read the manuscript. Green stripes and red inside, I know the drill.

Let's pick up this yellow fruit instead, that looks fun BAM I bought a fucking honey melon

>Food analogies
Hi /v/

stirner is for edgelords

Stirner's philosophy predicted chan culture

The analogy may be "comical," but it's nonetheless useful. It helps when discussing philosophy with pseuds to know exactly what nonsense by which particular dead man they are referencing.

Also, nice quads

chan culture is a spook

3spooky5me

I've not read Plato or Stirner and I don't understand this is any sense of the word.

Can you explain?

It means: you have to know what being spooked looks like in order to avoid it.

No matter how egoist and egoist is, he still lives in society. He may acknowledge that all he does is ultimately for himself, but he is a fool if he thinks that it isn't in his own best interest to know the spooks of society. To read the Greeks is to understand how a "societal good" can also become a personal good.

Egoism isn't about rejecting all norms in principle, but realizing that they are inherently vacuous and that they being inherently vacuous doesn't make them useless to one's ego. They can become a means to an end.

Holy shit, this meme needs to die. Kys you anorexic shitfuck.

>le big bad sociopath meme

Good post and good trips.

Bad post.

*quads

Plato shreds spooks harder than Stirner, only plebs think Plato is about "virtue."

Can someone please explain the spook meme to me?

Just in case you think I'm a normalfag: fuck niggers.

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/max-stirner-the-ego-and-his-own#toc23

Because stirner was fucking wrong about everything, being a pitiful brainlet and all.

Wot.

Got any sources for that other than your opinion?

first post, inspired analogy, and quads. buy a lotto ticket m8

OP can't know he is ready for Stirner because he is oblivious to the vastness of what he does not know. He is unprepared for philosophy in general. This, incidentally, makes extra-brilliant because that is the overarching theme of the Dialogues: disregard rhetoricians and sophists, their supposed wisdom only proves their ignorance. Approach every problem with an open mind and with critical tools. Do not fall into the trap of hubris. (As OP did.)

Of course this is a bait thread but Stirner is right about his central points.

>They can become a means to an end.
Trying to use spooks as tools always ends up with you subjugating yourself to the spooks - they use use while you think you're using them.

Not to hijack the thread, but how would Striner deal with the spook of falling in love with a person.
Would he turn this premise into stating that as long as love brings YOU joy then it is okay to pursue this love?

However I feel that on occasion you fall in love with the way someone looks and you clearly know that the person is and will not be into you, but you still pursue the relationship even though it leads to nothing in the end but pain.

What would be the Stirner's advise, in this case?

>how would Striner deal with the spook of falling in love with a person.
Egoist love.

Read him you piece of shit.

Yes, Yes, If you know that and it still brings you pleasure and you decide it is worth the probably heartbreak then yes.

Stirner actually mentions love as one of his examples of a union of egoists, so maybe you should read his book if you want to know what he thinks about something

How did you figure out you hate melons if you don't know what they look like? Were you blindfolded first time you ate them, or did you just fucking decide out of absolutely nowhere that melons were shit without ever having tried them? Also, how is this at all relevant to someone who is blind?

Their varieties can look quite different so recognizing only one by sight can't be enough.

Likewise, their surface can be either smooth or rough, it must be a pain in the ass for blind melon-haters.

Prove it

As long as you recognize it is you who choose to love and not some spooky concept of love making you love something. For good or ill to come, you must take responsibility for it

That's the thing I really love about Stirner. His philosophy forces you to take responsibility for your thoughts, feelings, and actions.

nah I prefer to not read him and just say inane stuff like Spooks are spooks.

I also love to point out how marx
D E S T R O Y E D him

>"Boy, that Max guy sure galvanized my legumes with his reasonable assertions"
>"I know, I'll prove to everyone how little I understand irony, that'll show him!"
>screeches autistically for 500 pages

t. Karl

>wrote 300 pages of autistic screeching
At least he had the decency to never published it

This. It is absolutely frustrating to see posters willfully misunderstand the concept of spooks. /fitlit/ had a lot of people refusing to even entertain the concept let alone understand it

>marx was the original stirner shitposter