Brain injury. Should I still pursue science?

So basically I got a traumatic brain injury from a car crash and ever since then my IQ has dropped around 13 points leaving me at around 118.

I don't know. But what I do know is that the IQ test is deeply flawed. It doesn't really measure intelligence. To measure intelligence you need to compute your RaMJpSC.
That is, your Rick and Morty joke per second coefficient.

To compute it watch any episode of Rick and Morty (not previously watch) and calculate how many jokes you understood per second. Here is the score table

>100: Genius
>80: Jacob Barnett
>60: To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ Rick and Morty
INTELLIGENCE SUPER GAP

I'm in a similar situation. Bump for interest.

>tfw half sure I've gotten retarded from head trauma while boxing
>literally been knocked out cold dozens of times during full contact sparring
>after every other school day I forget where I parked my car
fml

You should pursue whatever you find the most interesting, regardless of ability. You will find an appropriate niche.

Youve never had a real IQ test, learn some discipline and do what you want to do, dumbass

our brains are plastic in that you can, through cardio and a good diet, you can basically repair a concussion to as if you never had it in the first place as long as it wasn't something extreme where you were in a coma etc... this has been shown through multiple studies.

Ok so I have a question for myself, about my brain

I feel like I have a "sensitive" brain in that I always seem to feel it pulsing. At night when I lay down I can often feel my brain pulsing and its really distracting. When I have a few beers I can feel it in my head like something is "off". Is this normal, or, do I just have a weirdly sensitive brain? I've had this for years and it's never been a medical issue. But it drives me crazy because it always makes me feel like I'm about to stroke or something. But is there a concept like this in science, where some people can just "feel" their brains more? Like I'll have one beer and feel it in my brain

by the way, this is even for people who had a concussion over 12 months before starting the exercise and diet, and their symptoms all went away within a 1-2 months completely.

>a real iq test
a professional psychologist doing an iq test doesn't count? I still want to pursue but my thinking just has become so cloudy..

it's been a year already and I've been doing everything I can.

>118
You're still smarter than me and I'm going to school for EE

it's not like you could've done science at an IQ of 133 anyways

I was in the same situation - though, no idea about IQ. I got a Masters degree in engineering from a school people say is pretty good. Do work, son.

>it's been a year already and I've been doing everything I can.
google it. there are studies that show AEROBIC EXERCISE specifically each day, say 30 minutes of good jogging, has an extremely positive effect on our brains ability to repair itself, create new connections and such. It is a well documented and recent finding.

>only 118
Then its not traumatic

I lost part of my brain

Your way of writing is the most obnoxious and infuriating I've come upon so far. Congratulations you absolute fucking waste of space, you've managed to enrage me not by the content of your comment, which is just you being a little bitch boy about a subject you're too much of a brainlet to understand, but by its very form. Please fuck off.

>itt brainlets lying to themselves to make them feel better

which one

>lose part of brain
>still smarter than the average person
what exactly is the problem here?

You shouldnt pursue science. Not because you "lost" 13 IQ points but because you are a massive retarded faggot who thinks IQ tests are actual science. IQ tests are not only inaccurate but fucking retarded. It was created by a bunch of cucks who wanted to feel smarter than everyone by solving arbitrary puzzles.

If it makes you feel any better I did great in school, never suffered a brain injury, and forget where my car pretty frequently.

I just park in the same area everyday now so I can at least get there and then beeper.

Then you should be a moron OP.

sauce?

mfw started boxing 3 months ago and got hit pretty much in the eye last week

Let's see, IQ measures your ability to learn new information, behaviors and such. It's like the plasticity of your brain to adapt and assimilate new things.

But there's also crystalized IQ, which comprises that which you've already assimilated and is basically what stays with you over the years as the IQ inevitably falls as you slowly loose your ability to change.

Your IQ did take a dire plunge, but if you do what says and continuously take care of yourself (do not drop it, commitment is key!), you should be able to regain some or at least stay stable. Other than tat, the crystalized IQ might be completely intact and so the contents of your alleged 131 IQ brain might not have been lost at all.

Even if you've actually lost some brain tissue, the human brain is known for its plasticity, being able to repurpose other areas to compensate in cases of injury like these.

All in all, it won't be as easy as before. But if you really are that smart it is well within your grasp yet.

Every crisis can become an opportunity. Be sure not to miss your chance, user.

Its just the effects of substances that alter its chemistry. It IS dangerous if these substances are abused but more often than not responsible use is enough. It is scary because its not a sensation you normally would have, but come on man, it ain't even a headache. You know how much alcohol you have to drink to black out?, or to just get a migraine?, the people who get that smashed just sleep it off no problem.

If you are feeling a bit weird from a beer or two its perfectly natural and your head isn't about to explode like in Scanners because you can take much more punishment than you think.