How do we reconcile the Flynn effect of rising IQ with each generation with the fact that Plato is the most intelligent...

How do we reconcile the Flynn effect of rising IQ with each generation with the fact that Plato is the most intelligent man to have ever existed? After 2000+ years of Flynn at work SOMEONE should have surpassed him, right? But if we look around and then back to Plato, his supremacy is crystal clear. How does he do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychometrics.cam.ac.uk/about-us/directory/beyond-the-flynn-effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Flynn effect is evidence that IQ is not the best indicator of intelligence.

So the most intelligent and talented person alive right now must be a philosopher?

Nice thread, OP

this. like all reductionist models, it only explains a small part of the multitudes we define under intelligence. you know, because language is a failson.

Plato is stupid.

Seriously.

And it's important that you all understand that Western society is based on the fallacy-ridden ramblings of an idiot. Read this, understand that he is not joking, and understand that Plato is well and truly fucked in the head.

Every single one of his works goes like this:

SOCRATES: "Hello, I will now prove this theory!"
STRAWMAN: "Surely you are wrong!"
SOCRATES: "Nonsense. Listen, Strawman: can we agree to the following wildly presumptive statement that is at the core of my argument?" {Insert wildly presumptive statement here— this time, it's "There is such a thing as Perfect Justice" and "There is such a thing as Perfect Beauty", among others.}
STRAWMAN: "Yes, of course, that is obvious."
SOCRATES: "Good! Now that we have conveniently skipped over all of the logically-necessary debate, because my off-the-wall crazy ideas surely wouldn't stand up to any real scrutiny, let me tell you an intolerably long hypothetical story."
{Insert intolerably long hypothetical story.}
STRAWMAN: "My God, Socrates! You have completely won me over! That is brilliant! Your woefully simplistic theories should become the basis for future Western civilization! That would be great!"
SOCRATES: "Ha ha! My simple rhetorical device has duped them all! I will now go celebrate by drinking hemlock and scoring a cameo in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure!"

The moral of the story is: Plato is stupid.

>STRAWMAN:
>>entire post is a strawman
>fallacy-ridden ramblings of an idiot

without resorting to plato, OP's existence is already a strong counterexample to the flynn effect.

go back to your containment board

which one was that?

Thank you

you're a pleb you fucking faggot kill yourself

low IQ detected

Daily reminder every one of you can do algebra better than Plato

average iq detected

Reddit is leaking from /pol/. Go home, you don't belong here.

The Flynn effect is BS
IQ is not the memorization of facts, it is your brain's processing power

That isn't a real thing. A subjective test is useless for telling anything about a person's intelligence.

>calling others a pleb when you can't even recognise classic pastas

>not understanding the nuanced exploration of dialectical method
>writing like a damn fairy

the jig is up john, back to your meme history videos and teenage girls

IQ doesn't exist, Plato was a fucking idiot beyond being really good at explaining himself and planning out dialogues that will reach a desired conclusion. The 'flynn effect' is a progressivist meme

>Plato was a fucking idiot

Delete this.

>The 'flynn effect' is a progressivist meme
Well it does exist but like you said IQ doesn't mean intelligence. The Flynn effect just means we are getting better at IQ tests (specifically similarities "X is Y as 1 is to..." questions).

Here's something interesting:psychometrics.cam.ac.uk/about-us/directory/beyond-the-flynn-effect
>Q: There are no camels in Germany; B is a city in Germany; are there camels there?
>A: I don't know, I have never seen German villages. If B is a large city, there should be camels there.

>Q: But what if there are none in all of Germany?
>A: Perhaps this is a small village within a large city and there is no room for camels.

>The peasants, of course, are entirely correct. They understand the difference between analytic and synthetic propositions: pure logic cannot tell us anything about facts; only experience can. But this will do them no good on Similarities. Beginning with its inception, what counts as a correct answer favors the formal categories over the concrete and by the time of the WISC-R, this is made explicit

The Flynn Effect has only been observed since 1930. It does not mean that IQ has *always* been increasing.

If you could go back in time to different eras and plot IQs, the resulting graph could very well be something quite chaotic, with local minima and maxima all over the place.

It could be that we are approaching a global maximum, or it could be a local maximum. Or IQ could just keep going up indefinitely until our species dies out. There is simply no way to know.

Some of his stuff is really good but this sometimes is painfully accurate

>After 2000+ years of Flynn at work SOMEONE should have surpassed him, right?
They did, his name was Aristotle.