Describe the last meal you had in a restaurant and the city you live in

Describe the last meal you had in a restaurant and the city you live in

I had Eggplant Parm for the first time. It was at an Olive Garden in Indiana. I don't think much of Olive Garden. It's on par with Chili's and the like, but I really liked the eggplant. It was probably the best vegetarian thing Ive had that isn't Indian (I'm not a vegetarian).

>Eggplant
yucky

I haven't eaten in a restaurant in 14 years and the nearest city to me is a 5 hour drive.

I w nt yo tie far ar whole foods

Time to get off the internet and feed the hogs Cleetus

I live in Houston.

Small hole-in-the-wall british pub. I'm a regular. I go alone during lunch maybe twice a week. I sat down, immediately got service, but it was a new waitress. She seemed nice enough, older gal. Ordered a pint of Arrogant Bastard; they've got it on draft for very cheap. She came back with the beer, I ordered blackened cajun salmon. It comes with two sides, but you can upgrade to better sides for $0.50 each (e.g. grilled veg as opposed to a mediocre mixed veg). I knew she was new, so I even confirmed with her that this was the case, and she said that's how it worked.

Sat and enjoyed my beer. Mostly older clientele, primarily men who work in nearby offices; I really just like listening to their conversations. I get bits and pieces of information about companies in the area, particularly oil and gas.

The food came out, and it looked and smelled great. Huge portion of salmon, cooked on point. It was half-covered in a spicy, creamy sauce. I got it with grilled veggies and beer battered fries (I eat 'em with the malt vinegar they have on the table). Finished my meal, got close to finishing my beer, waitress came back. She asked if I wanted another; I didn't want to go back to the office blitzed, so I orded a 5oz taster of a beer I wanted to try. She brought a pint anyway and only charged me the $1.50 for the taster. Against my better judgement, I finished the damn thing.

The bill was messed up; she had upcharged $2 for each of the sides. I was planning on leaving a good tip, but I left her a standard tip and circled them and put a question mark to the side. Didn't have time to confront her about it. Signed the check and went back to the office buzzed.

Surf and turf. Lobster tail and a churrasco with some chimichurri. No heavy carbs on the side, just veggies.

Had a nice view of the ocean but nothing special.

I'm in miami, fl.

Houston checking in, can I get a name on that restaurant?

I live in San Diego. About a month and a half ago someone on this board in a burger thread recommended a burger place here saying they were great. A couple weeks ago on my birthday I decided to try it out. The restaurant itself was basically just a dive bar. Very small and unobtrusive hole in the wall. Pleasantly quiet inside. The burger was officially the best I've had in my life. I could go on forever about it but every component was great and had wonderful flavors that meshed together perfectly. I also don't know what they fried their fries in but they also had a great and distinct taste. Balboa Bar & Grill. 10/10 I've been wanting to go back ever since so thanks stranger on here who recommended it.

I'm a cheap ass jew, haven't eaten out in over 30 years desu...I buy food and prepare it at home...

Hartford, CT. Nice meal on the company dime (took clients to dinner).

Original plan was to order the lamb buttons with goat cheese rosemary gravy, but I'm allergic to garlic and the lamb was already marinated.

Defaulted to the veal with roasted vegetables. Couldn't eat the sauce it normally comes with so the chef made a blueberry compote to go with the meat instead, and threw in some maple-glazed carrots on the side that I didn't even ask for.

Bananas foster creme brulee for dessert.

It was the richest, heaviest meal I've eaten in years but I never go out to nice restaurants and I wasn't paying so I ate my fill.

Ill have to try it. Maybe itll be the new hang out spot for sd anons

>yesterday

>japanese - had maybe 5 pieces of nigiri: 1 sake, 1 amaebi, 1 ikura, 2 saba - and a starter portion of kaara age without rice - drank cold sake

>I live in Berlin

was a nice lunch overall. then i got so drunk at home that i did not eat any dinner

Hey, that's Eleven Madison Park. I've eaten there. It was great, but I prefer The Nomad. Same caliber food, just more casual.

Claudette NYC, charming French/Mediterranean bistro.

I had the Sasso chicken. Really nice, crisp skin. Huge portion-- half the bird with the leg boned out. They served it with "provencal vegetables" (eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes) and "cast iron croutons" (chunks of french bread roasted in the oven). The vegetables were nice but I could have done with a different starch.

I had the madeleines for dessert, which were pretty classical and baked to order.

All in all a solid meal. 8/10.

Drummondville (A FUCKING LEAF)

It's a small lebanese place near a gas station. The owner and cook is this huge friendly lebanese guy. He calls everyone "my friend" and is always happy. The place is decorated with water pipes, cheap flags and tourist posters for his country. I go there about every 2 weeks, more often in winter.

I had the shawarma plate. It comes with a huge portions of garlic potatoes, a huge portion of fried rice with raisins in it, a generous helping of garlic sauce, a bunch of shavings of shawarma meat of course and 2 choices of salads. He offers pretty much everything from eastern Europe to western Asia. I had the curry cauliflowers and the apple salad this time. I also ordered some baklava because they were freshly made, and some sparklign water to wash down all the oil.

It was pretty good as usual, the potatoes were crispy and the raison in the rice nicely complement the taste, adding a bit of sweetness to an otherwise fatty and salty meal. There's too much for me to eat all of it unless I feel like being a fatass. The meat's good, nothing special to say about it. The curry cauliflowers were okay, I think they were only blanched then dunked in curry sauce; they could use being boiled a bit more. The apple salad was a fresh break before moving on to the baklava. As it was freshly made it was still a bit crispy and the honey flowed out a bit. Breddy good.

Usually I order it to go and eat at home, keeping the leftovers for lunch the next day.
I definitely can't complain for this quality/quantity and price, which was $12.15. I gave him 15 and told him to keep the change.

had a cheeky nandos with the lads. i live in london

Mirin in Louisville, KY, shoyu ramen and a pork bun. Split some sake with friends.

Bloomington here.
Had a decently priced teriyaki chicken bowl last night while drunk off my ass at 3 am at this hole in the wall Chinese place. Was pretty good.

NY Strip from Shakespeare and Co, Lexington KY

was good.

Louisville a shit

You're like a tiny Ohio and don't deserve to be part of this state.

An Irish restaurant in a hip part of the city.
Got sat outside, hostess gave us wet menus and apologized, and gave us napkins to clean off the menus with. Drinks came out within a reasonable time. Food was delivered by a bus boy or something. Had an "Irish Schnitzel" which was only made Irish by the Guiness sauce served with it. It was okay. The mash potatoes were terrible - gluey and horribly underseasoned. Took longer to receive and pay for our ticket than the rest of the meal.

5/10 experience. Would only go back if invited and had my meal paid for.

I got some hash browns and sausage links with an ex-chef of mine that flew in from Washington State.

Sarasota Florida.

Fuck that, it's the other way around, the rest of the state of Kentucky doesn't deserve us.

Was it Barry?

No, the place was Silver Star and her name is Chef.

Went to a new ramen restaurant. Was okay. Everyone was getting seated at one end of the restaurant so it was a bit cramped. Service was alright. They had vinegar and chili oil on the tables which the other places around here don't. The soup was a bit under-seasoned but I liked that they actually use seasoned eggs unlike some of the other places. The utensils came in a little basket which I thought was kind of pointless. The ramen spoon was wood which I didn't really care for. They also only take cash and debit which is annoying since I get bonus cashback on my Mastercard at restaurants but don't get anything from Interac.

Edmonton AB

Nice data mining thread.

Jambalaya pasta with corn bread, yeast rolls, and good whipped butter. The pasta was fettuccine with andouille, blackened chicken, and blackened shrimp in a creole sauce, along with tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic here in Lexington.

Keep telling yourself that Louisvillebro. You only got Pitino as our sloppy seconds. Have fun sucking our grundle at basketball.

>location
Boise, Idaho
>place
Pho Me
>how's food?
Fucking delicious

Medium sized pho (call it photastic on the menu) plus some summer rolls with peanut sauce.

Correction cause I didn't see autocorrect
*Pho Le

What's the name of this place

You'd probably be able to find me if I told you. It's not to hard to figure out from some details I wrote already.

I don't want some autist from Veeky Forums interrupting my lunch on Wednesday.

Tony Roma's
beef medallion,ribs,alfredo pasta,carbonara and chicken wings
generally okay

You ordered five different things by yourself?

no
my family could never finish theirs and i took on the job as bottom feeder

>location
Cleveland, OH
>place
Blue Point Grille
>how's food?
Pretty good, widely considered to be the best seafood in the city. I'm actually somewhat tired of it because my office is very close and I end up eating there for work almost every week.

This past time I wasn't super hungry so I just got the lobster bisque (which is so rich that it's basically a full meal). Usually if I'm pretty hungry I'll get the Nag's Head grouper w/ lobster mashed potatoes.

In Boston at Friendly Toast

I had a breakfast burrito that has eggs, bacon, cheese, and tater tots with homefries. Also a mimosa served in a pint glass.

Person I was with had the special, "Drop it Like It's Tot" which was tater tots, bacon, cheese, and some other stuff with a maple sour cream sauce, and a mimosa in a pint glass.

A+ I go to this place regularly.

Holy shit, I didn't know they were still open.

San Fermo's in Seattle's Ballard neighborhood. Nice authentic Italian seafood. Had this pasta that was made with mussels. It was very rich and flavorful.

10/10 would go again

I like that place. I go there every time I visit Bean Town.

(Greater) Boston (area) checking in.
Went to this hibachi restaurant called Osaka, ordered off the regular menu, once you've had hibachi you really don't need to experience it again, they're the same everywhere. I had the gyoza and tonkatsu bowl, the gyoza were fantastic but the tonkatsu was a bit bland. It's a decent enough place but nothing to go out of your way for.

Did you get lost on your way to /sp/? This is a cooking board and Louisville has great food, no one cares about your apehoop here

Former Bostonian here, if you call it bean town everyone will instantly know you are a tourist.

Fish restaurant by the sea. It was adequate. I'd try different places but my dad is an old man and only wants to go to the same 4 restaurants and always orders the same shit. It gets a bit boring.

>almost last day of vacation in Georgia (the country, not the state)
>be there with my dad
>he orders mushroom soup and fish with vegetables
>I order Pepperoni Pizza
So the waitress comes with the food, and what do we get?
>grey goo with a couple of champignons for my dad
> literally a Pizza Margharita with one Salami on each 1 (ONE) slice of Pizza
>okay, its time for the fish
>its fucking undercooked, so of course my dad returns it to the kitchen and asks for a new one
>15 minutes later the waitress comes back with a new portion, which is thankfully cooked through
Ok get ready for this- this just takes the cake
>door opens
>its a dirty street child
>comes up to our table and GRABS for my dads food
>owner of the place gets the kid out of the restaurant

I wish I was joking but I am not

Duck confit with mashed pertaters and roasted vegetables, a glass of argentine malbec and a double campari and soda at a place called Bite

Its 'restaurant week' in San Antonio but you don't really save any money.. About $45 for the above

It's good to see a woman in her place in the kitchen

>be me
>have 3 small children. one day im able to drop 2 of them off with my dad for a while.
>decide to go out to lunch with wife and the 2 year old
>go to this place, not a chain, but not high end either. kind of like a bar and grill burger joint
>know going in that service has to be decent or it will be a shitty time.
>sit down, order some cokes. sure enough, takes like 15 minutes to get cokes even though theres only 1 other table seated. as soon as cokes come, order food.
>2 year old cant sit still. jumping on the booth seat. Stupid waitress sits a new party of 4 in the booth right next to us.
>15 minutes go by, our cokes are gone, no sign on waitress. 2 year old is jumping on the booth, and staring at people in the next booth over.
>another 10 minutes go by. food arrives. she has a marginal looking burger. My order is a club sandwich and fries. food is ok
>2 year old keeps popping his head over the booth to look at the party next to us. i keep pulling him down and telling him to stop
>ask for check, wait another 15 minutes for waitress.
>pay bill, stiff waitress, leave mad and irritated and have to go diarrhea real bad.
>tell myself what i tell myself everytime i eat out. (fuck eating out, id rather eat at home)

Live in northern Virginia. Had an excellent meal at a place in northern Michigan of a kessler-style pork-chop with saurkraut and squash. The smoked whitefish dip we had as an appetizer was excellent too.

Buffalo Wild Wings
Fried pickles and pretzels

I'm in Seattle.
My gf is flyover trash from Indiana and occasionally demands we go to her "favorite restaurant"

>Drummondville.
J'haïs tellement cette place la