Can we have a civilized thread about book recommendations?

Can we have a civilized thread about book recommendations?

>Astrophysics for People in a Hurry

>popsci

not with that shit as the first image, no.
but here's a good one anyway

Sorry, it was the last one i read recently.

>When your former secretary honoured me by asking me to read a paper to your society, my first thought was that I would certainly do it and my second thought was that if I was to have the opportunity to speak to you I should speak about something which I am keen on communicating to you and that I should not misuse this opportunity to give you a lecture about, say, logic. I call this a misuse, for to explain a scientific matter to you it would need a course of lectures and not an hour's paper. Another alternative would have been to give you what's called a popular scientific lecture, that is a lecture intended to make you believe that you understand a thing which actually you don't understand, and to gratify what I believe to be one of the lowest desires of modern people, namely the superficial curiosity about the latest discoveries of science.

Wittgenstein, A lecture on ethics

Fucking kill yourself.

Found this to be quite interesting in regards to the research and development side of science. Especially considering that the people who worked for this lab invented the transistor, information theory, and radar. (to name a few) More on the story telling side rather than the actual science behind it.

If you want to know a bit more about the human genome this is a good recommendation. Dives into numerous discoveries made in each of our chromosomes and its impacts on daily life. Isn't too technical in this molecular biology and easy ti digest.

Get that filth off this board.

Wittgenstein was a philosopher, not a scientist, and apparently an asshole as well. Why would you think his views on popular science are even relevant?

RADAR was invented by the Brits, who used it well during WWII, much to the surprise of the Germans.

Are you going to post book recommendations or just try to start shit on this thread?

fuck this book.

why?

probably cause it's long as fuck. I found it interesting myself, but I never finished it.