Old guy at the front of the lecture puts his hand up

>old guy at the front of the lecture puts his hand up

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html
nypost.com/2014/01/10/college-basketball-football-athletes-can-barely-read/
cnn.com/2014/01/07/us/ncaa-athletes-reading-scores/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is age really a big deal. Im 26 and im worried i seem too old to be asking questions.

It's not age. It's the fact 60 year old dudes ask so many fucking questions that aren't important enough to warrant interrupting the lecture.

26 is not even old at university.

>i don't understand something so i'm going to ask

why people do that

>old guy puts his hand up and starts telling the class how he started programming with BASIC in a graduate math lecture
REEE

>old guy starts brapping

Fucking christ

26 isn't old at uni? There's only 1 26 yr old in my class of 120.

Yeh, that was me. I just do it to irritate you.

>guy in college algebra class complains about how difficult the class is while he is on his phone for half the time
>says he is majoring in Engineering

like watching a real life train wreck

>that guy who repeats what the professor just said as a question

J'avoue, le problème c'est que le gars est tellement vieux qu'il vient pas à tous les cours, du coup forcément il est un peu largué et ne connait pas ses définitions.

No en parlem, de gavatx. Escriu en Anglès.

26 year old here, the opposite happens in my class... I'm usually the one asking questions.
Sometimes I feel fucking bad for asking a question and trying to get a discussion going.

For fucks sake, we're a masters program, I don't want to just sit and listen to lectures I've already had years ago (only on a slightly higher level)

I think the only people only want the classes to finish quickly so they can go home

>college algebra
Why are you in college algebra and why are you here?

>college algebra
We saw that shit in middle school. From the name you'd think it's about groups and rings or something, but no it's for fucking short bus riders. Fucking ameribrainlets and their """"""""higher education""""""""

>with no ability to work with fractions or distinguish between multiplication and addition in algebraic notation
What kind of retard would graduate high school and not know this basic shit? What the hell is the SAT, ACT or whatever other bullshit standardized test ranking these subhumans on?

Get on my classes level we have two 40 plus students in our class of 13

Which course?

Currently studying drug and medicinal products at lit damn small class

Complex analysis?

WTF? LOL! Okay, I feel bad for making fun of you... out of curiosity, how did you fuck up this badly to have to take babby algebra in college?

I haven't noticed in this context but in teaching martial arts. Old men are fucking terrible for 'Asking questions' to state facts that they already know and worse still for learning by explaining to others what they're computing in their minds like it's their own knowledge and the younger person needs help.

It's just a status behaviour of a rotting brain and is pitiable in it's own way.

>What the hell is the SAT, ACT or whatever other bullshit standardized test ranking these subhumans on?

Sport scholarships & affirmative action.

>Lee's next slide shows three columns of numbers from a Princeton University study that tried to measure how race and ethnicity affect admissions by using SAT scores as a benchmark. It uses the term “bonus” to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant's race is worth. She points to the first column.
>African Americans received a “bonus” of 230 points, Lee says.
>She points to the second column.
>“Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points.”
>The last column draws gasps.
>Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.
>“Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes,” Lee says.
>latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html

>A CNN study of the reading levels of athletes at 21 public universities: “Some college athletes play like adults, read like fifth-graders.”
>For those familiar with college athletics — especially the sports that bring in the millions — that’s not exactly a news flash. But a researcher at the University of North Carolina, Mary Willingham, came in for particular vitriol after reporting that of 183 Tar Heel football or basketball players, 60 percent were reading at levels between fourth and eighth grade.
>She also cited the example of one basketball player who came to her for help early in her career who could not read or write. In response, the university issued a statement saying it did not believe her claim about an illiterate player — adding it could not comment on the other claims because it didn’t have the data. CNN says it has e-mails showing the university knew about the research, had even given its permission and has the data.
>We note that Willingham’s numbers about UNC accord come in the context of the study’s larger finding that “most schools have between 7 percent and 18 percent of revenue sport athletes who are reading at an elementary school level.” Recall too that UNC is the same school where just two years back 18 members of the football team took a class that existed only on paper.
>nypost.com/2014/01/10/college-basketball-football-athletes-can-barely-read/

>"So what are the classes they are going to take to get a degree here? You cannot come here with a third-, fourth- or fifth-grade education and get a degree here,"
>The issue was highlighted at UNC two years ago with the exposure of a scandal where students, many of them athletes, were given grades for classes they didn't attend, and where they did nothing more than turn in a single paper. Last month, a North Carolina grand jury indicted a professor at the center of the scandal on fraud charges.
>The NCAA admits that almost 30 athletes in sports that make revenue for schools were accepted in 2012 with very low scores -- below 700 on the SAT composite, where the national average is 1000. That's a small percentage of about 5,700 revenue-sport athletes.
>According to those academic experts, the threshold for being college-literate is a score of 400 on the SAT critical reading or writing test. On the ACT, that threshold is 16.
>Many student-athletes scored in the 200s and 300s on the SAT critical reading test -- a threshold that experts told us was an elementary reading level and too low for college classes. The lowest score possible on that part of the SAT is 200, and the national average is 500.
>On the ACT, we found some students scoring in the single digits, when the highest possible score is 36 and the national average is 20. In most cases, the team average ACT reading score was in the high teens.
>"Those people who do that should be arrested," Hill said. "We should make it against the law. I know it happens. I've spent time in athletics."
>"They're graduating them, but have they learned anything? Are they productive citizens now? That's a thing I worry about. To get a degree is one thing, to be functional with that degree is totally different."
>"College presidents have put in jeopardy the academic credibility of their universities just so we can have this entertainment industry."
>cnn.com/2014/01/07/us/ncaa-athletes-reading-scores/index.html

>Old guy is taking ownership of his education and applying effort while basic bitch yoga pants millenials roll their eyes

I know who the disgusting party really is in this exchange.

>linear algebra 1
>dude with French accent asks a lot of questions
>5’3 Ching Chong thst sits beside me in the front always snickers to himself, as if all the questions the guy asks are stupid
>get mid term back, class average was 68, he gets 13/20
>wut

>but no it's for fucking short bus riders
or maybe for ex dropouts or late attenders in need of a refresher. but yeah smartphone guys retarded

retards laugh when you ask questions and become smart but then dont get why they are stupid.
in high school i was basically the only 1 ever asking questions and id do it constantly.

Jesus Christ, that post makes me sad, saved

>old guy at the front of the lecture puts his up and tells all the fucking annoying kids behind him to get off their fucking phones and games consoles, try listening to what the lecturer is saying fucking learn something.

>white guy mutters something under his breathe whilst pulling something out of his bag

I know you've never seen a book before Jamal, but trust me, they're harmless.

Kys Americans

No, there's always a few really old people in college. Though, they normally take night courses. Like this one guy who is 45yo and his company said "go back to college or lose your job" when things changed. He's been a welder for 25 years with the same company.

>26 is not even old at university.
26 is pretty fucking old 23 is like the upper limit

>American arrives at uni
>we mercilessly bully him until he leaves
Feels good

When you take memes personally

Ah nan moi c'est en M2R maths fonda et j'ai un militaire retraité qui vient à tous les cours, qui se fout au premier rang et qui parle hyper fort quand il pose des questions, c'est vachement malaisant. Après c'est clairement pas une brêle de manière générale le mec mais ses questions sont toujours légèrement à côté de la plaque et c'est hyper gênant pour le prof qui sait pas trop comment lui dire "ta question est absurde"

When you are a self-hating numale cuck

You mean in the US, where everybody leaves Uni after their bachelors?

Nah, most people would probably think you were in the military or something.
Im going back in spring at 25 after getting my poor ass life together.

People just tend to look down on old people, like whiting hair old, because they ask so many fucking questions because they either have a hard time knowing what the professor means, they ask questions that were already answered or have only a single strand of relevance, and God forbid if you get a one that wants to argue with the professor or refute them for some God forsaken reason because they were "working for the last 20 years so..." or "well, as a single mother..."
It's not the age. It's their mindset I guess. Occasionally you'll get a cool older person that actually understands and asks useful questions you haven't thought of.

>God forbid if you get a one that wants to argue with the professor or refute them for some God forsaken reason because they were "working for the last 20 years so..." or "well, as a single mother..."
>It's not the age. It's their mindset I guess.
This is the problem here.

>cute white boy in the front is the most engaged in the class
>laughs at all my jokes and asks the most questions
>mfw

>tfw we unironically did this in my uni

well this gif sure changed the nature of my evening... I now know about the mighty amoeba and the hairy Paramecia

I'm sorry is that wrong? I try to go all question voice when I do that so we can all at least pretend I'm not just voicing my thought processes for the whole class.
nice