Socially inept?

why is it so common for smart people to be socially inept?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mrEl5cX-6Ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't consider myself smart (I work hard, or at least try to :3) but honestly, a lot of the people in my class just aren't worth talking to. So I do my own thing and they do theirs.

>but honestly, a lot of the people in my class just aren't worth talking to.

what is your basis for this assumption?

I don't think so

It's easier to tell if a smart person is socially inept than to tell if a dumb person is.

Because they just talk about getting drunk and parties etc. I'm not that interested.

Superiority complex. Lot's of "smart" people feel that they are too intelligent to speak to others if they deem them lesser in intellect. It also doesn't help that a good chunk of the population is female and thus smarter people, in particular men, get intimidated and even scared to talk to them. Couple this with just general lack of practice with social skills and ,voila, you have a loser.

literally >tfw to intelligent to socialize

I think it's a misconception
smarter people are more successful, successful people are more, therefore smarter people are more social

Social skills require self-directed, creative behaviour. If you internalize (learn) the implicit assumptions of forced schooling you become crippled in those aspects.

youtube.com/watch?v=mrEl5cX-6Ms

Socializing is a skill, if you don't practice it you won't be good at it. Just like math or anything else

I disagree, I think it is the other way around. Unless you mean autism, then, uh, yeah

It's not so much ineptitude as not caring to do it.

Because they quickly become immerse into intellectualy advanced subjects, ignoring that which is not stimulating. And social situations happen to be some of the most mentally numbing experiences that are.

personlly i'm not socially inapt. and a lot of great genius were not such as pointcarre hilbert einstein...

This entire post screams of insecurity and bitterness. You are probably an angry brainlet.

Einstein WAS socially inept, as a matter of fact. He was literally autistic.

Perelman is
Newton was
Tao is
Dirac was
Erdõs was
Villani is
Tesla was
Elon Musk is
Bill Gates is
Steve Wozniak is
And so on and so on

Does anyone else notice threads like these being made frequently here and is tired of them?

Where the OP asks a question about something as if it was a fact even though it's not. Where the question is about something he probably knows imageboard posters agree with and where OP probably knows what the replies will be just for some empty circlejerking rather than honest discussion? Most of the time the post is just one line long and made with a frog or anime image which further points to it being a low effort post?

That's what happen when /pol/ invades, quality and intelligence of discussions go down the shitter

How so? The reason I know this is because I used to do this myself and am friends with people who continue to do this. I know this is Veeky Forums but not every post is made to troll or to project.

>I and my dumbass friends were sperglords so this means everyone is
Literally textbook projection.

You forgot Hawking who hasn't muttered a single fucking word in years

Just not the same wavelength.
I think i can related to them in the sense that rarely anyone interested in what you are talking about... And you are not at all interested in their story.

"Smart people" are generally just people with very specific interests. I'm inept just because my interests lie outside the range of the norm and also I don't want to sounds pretentious when I speak to people who don't have the same interests as I do. Hence why Veeky Forums is a beautiful place for autismos to get along and should be a place for us to work on being more "normal".

Isolation from interacting with people made them socially retarded, which is induced from spending so much time learning miscellaneous concepts to give off the image of "smartness"

Kek
I don't think he was the most popular kid on the block either.