The Asian American Community & Literature

What are some good, non-racist books that deal with the Asian American experience? I've been told Tao Lin is quite worthwhile.

Since Asian Americans are now rising in prominence against decades of media propaganda, it seems worth having a general thread about their impact on the arts.

Also Asian American men are very popular with women, from what I have been told.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7J2EkYMFg0g
usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2017-03-16/lapd-man-asked-woman-if-she-was-korean-before-hammer-attack
youtube.com/watch?v=bC5hsdT5L60
youtube.com/watch?v=ayZFhB5nGEE
youtube.com/watch?v=ReGXaqZ7p2U
youtube.com/watch?v=OEba68tEuFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tao Lin is utter shit

tao lin - taipei

What is Taipei about? Does it deal with themes such as white racism and asian male emasculation at the hands of racist media?

my diary desu
t. korean american literary genius

TaiPei has no themes or content of any worth.

It's totally vacuous - that's kind of the point. You won't find anything about the "Asian American experience" in there

>Does it deal with themes such as white racism and asian male emasculation at the hands of racist media?
lol cuck

"Let's cuck the one group of people who could singlehandedly cripple western civilization overnight"
-White Americans
I'm excited for a wave of race realist Asian American literature or death by a squad of robots designed by a sexually repressed Stanford dropout. Whatever comes first lmao

I've got your "Asian American Experience" right here Chang.

>"Why are asian women such whores for white men? I hate seeing white men with asian women."
>"Btw I really want to date white women, can anyone give me any tips? I wish I had a blonde girlfriend. I really want to fuck white women."

t. Every Asian American male I've ever encountered

Is hypocrisy just not really a concept in Asian societies or something?

>People being hypocrites makes being a race traitor acceptable
I guess that makes sense if your iq is only 100

My Twisted World

youtube.com/watch?v=7J2EkYMFg0g

>Is hypocrisy just not really a concept in Asian societies or something?

No. They're hyper-ethnocentric ant people who don't see outgroups as real people, so logically they don't see why they should extend the golden rule to you.

Ask yourself if any asian would seek to apply the same standards of anti-racism to his own kind he seeks to impose on whites.

You only have yourselves to blame for this. Asians are a diaspora people in the West, did you really think you could sit in your Chinatowns for time immemorial and that none of your women would mix, while you'd be allowed to? Get real Chinaman.

Fucking lol'ed.

Poor Elliot, he should have just gone to China. He'd have been in the 99th percentile of good looks there without a shadow of a doubt.

Good little Asian boy will go out and work hard for his wife, while the white man will satisfy all her urges.
It's only natural

Claiming I support race mixing at all is a strawman, not your dick. Stop beating it so hard.
We see outgroups as inferior because they are. An Asian who has a child with a white is likely to have a child that is less intelligent than one who is not mixed race. You probably fail to see why mixing with Asians is so bad since it's a benefit for your people.
>Be born half white
>Become a murderous, narcissistic, stupid autist
Like poterry

What's funny is that in China, the idea of a woman going for looks is actually something they consider more shallow than a woman going for money.

They know deep down that they cannot compete looks wise.

>race=intelligence
and it seems you're about as them dumb too.

your women belong to us chang.

>white boys are THIS insecure about being cucked and have to try to take it out on asians because black men are fucking all their women
I pity you, I really do. Time to go back to my ridiculously faithful and 10/10 qt Korean girlfriend who screams over my 7.5 inch asian cock so that we can make pureblood high IQ Korean babies.

>I support race mixing at all

I've never met an asian male who was actually consistent on this point at all. Not once. Go on any Asian American male focused online community, or a place where they congregate, and it's always the same thing: Celebratory if it's a white girl dating an Asian guy, absolute rage if it's the reverse and a healthy dose of postmodern verbosity to justify these mental gymnastics.

As far as I can make out you have absolutely no love for your own kind at all, which makes sense as chinks tend to treat each other with unimaginable sadism and cruelty.

>You probably fail to see why mixing with Asians is so bad since it's a benefit for your people.

No, I prefer white women. Asian women are good for sex and I'll happily fuck those that are offering because I'm a straight male who enjoys attractive women, but I'm not going to play principled universalist in a world of racial tribalists - sorry.

We are intelligent that we are able to hold our people to standards higher than our base instincts
Race an intelligence are linked. This is undeniable. You can have the race traitors. The pain of "losing" degenerate women is outweighed by how amusing it is to see you being proud if dating them. Murder is wrong, but I am not upset when a murderer is killed. Being a race traitor is sad, but I'm not upset when an Asian woman dates a white man.
White people are unironically easier to b8 than black people, and that's saying a lot.

>pureblood
>70% of people aged between 18-30 have had plastic surgery
>natural Korean looks are huge cheekbones, large chins and tiny eyes

Korea is a Chinese province with an Altaic language isolate inhabited by a Mongolian rape-baby race

Even Kimchi was only introduced after European sailors introduced chillis from SEA.

can't we all just get along? who cares who's fucking who guys. We can ALL fuck everyone!

>White people are unironically easier to b8 than black people, and that's saying a lot.

Coming from the hwabyung race, that's pretty funny.

usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2017-03-16/lapd-man-asked-woman-if-she-was-korean-before-hammer-attack

>Korean attacks Korean-American woman with a hammer because she said she was Korean

>You can have the race traitors.

Over half of American-born Korean women marry white men, and that's not even counting cohabitation, those with other races etc. Realistically there are barely any of your women who haven't fucked a non-Asian man.

And given that Korean emigration to the US is now drying up, you'll more or less be swallowed up the same way the Japanese Americans were in a few generations.

I'm sorry your waifu likes to suck black cock, bud. you'll find the one eventually. after the black guy does, of course.

>that we are able to hold our people to standards higher than our base instincts

This is why you are hideously ugly to the point you need plastic surgery to look presentable though.

Looks and intelligence are both important in eugenic practices. Not just the latter.

>Has to defer to black men as his reference point for masculinity

Yep, it's /r/asianmasculinity alright.

Tao Lin

>tfw even second-tier Southern European guys can score Asian women with ease

r/hapas is all you need

Reminds me of this.

>first I'm Chinese
>now I'm Korean
I understand that whites are all mixed-breed mud people, but come on
>Respecting people's sexual preferences is more important than (you)s
Wow what a fucking faggot
>l-l-looks matter
Sub 120 iq detected
You're either incredibly insecure or a top-tier shitpost

great thread guys

What did /r/asainmasculinity mean by this?

>Sub 120 iq detected

You can't seriously be this much of a rectangled-headed Korean with tiny slit eyes that you believe this is some kind of dichotomy right?

People can be both good-looking and intelligent. Koreans are admittedly intelligent on average, but they are also incapable of looking presentable without copious amounts of plastic surgery. That's not something to be proud of, in fact it's rather embarassing.

LOL. Imagine being this neurotic.

What did Koreans mean by this?

>Korean invented bicycle

youtube.com/watch?v=bC5hsdT5L60

>Genghis Khan was Korean

youtube.com/watch?v=ayZFhB5nGEE

>Korean established Aztec/Incan civilizations

youtube.com/watch?v=ReGXaqZ7p2U

Eat shit racists.

>>Genghis Khan was Korean

no he wasn't. read a fucking book, jesus.

>over my 7.5 inch asian cock
>7.5 inch asian cock

Wanna know how I know you're lying?

Fuck off jjokbari

>America was Korean territory

youtube.com/watch?v=OEba68tEuFw

What did they mean by this?

I liked this thread a lot more when we were just cuckposting. You racists are fucking pathetic

I don't think they're actually racists. Just trying to trigger people on the interwebz.

Elliot Rodger doesn't even look like he was half-White desu

>White people are unironically easier to b8 than black people, and that's saying a lot

t. Race that gets offended over innocuous jokes about rice and noodles

Have you not read of the Hyper-Empires of Korea and Finland?

There is no Asian American lit worth your time. We have had literally nothing of value to say about our experiences. Consider the fact that Amy Tan is taught in high schools to highlight the Asian American experience and you'll understand how bankrupt the literary pool is.

>Asian femals from Asia grow more suicidal the longer they live in America

Maybe because everyone in America hates each other?

Just whack it to hentai friend, that's what I do all day.

I'm not sure how much of this thread is serious, mockery, or self deprecating - but as an asian guy who has done really well in his life mentally, physically, sexually, and financially... just stop. Go and get good at something. Invest with half a brain. Work hard doing it. Build a worthwhile personal experience rather than seeking to gain from a second hand group Asian american experience.

If I hadn't already made peace with how pathetic a lot of asian guys are, all this would make me cringe hard. As it is, I hope you guys figure yourselves out, pick yourselves off the floor, and contribute something to the cultural eminence you so desire.

Oh, and read Ru (if you are educated enough). It's pretty standard fare but should be enough to discredit sentiments like those expressed in and similar.

battle hymn of the tiger mother

What's that one asian tumblr writer that Tao Lin ripped off

lol wat?

There's an asian dude that Veeky Forums used to go crazy over that has a tumblr and he's pretty taolin like. He's a college kid I think

Chris Dankland?

Tony Tulathimutte?

Yes, it does.

Not these

jimmy chen

Why did everyone erupt about Tao Lin's supposed emotional abuse of that tranny, but everyone was fine with him describing similar emotional abuse for years before in his shitty semi-autobiographical "alt lit"?

idk those same people called him out in Richard Yates but I guess it's easier to ignore book criticism than ignore allegations made by a person

He always came across to me as your garden variety wealthy family having, asian autist-sociopath, maybe it is because I went to school with a number of them though that I pattern-recognized the traits at once.

k. guess you're based then

Imo Asians don't do literature well. The Story of the Stone is underwhelming as fuck and that's supposedly their great novel.

If you feel okay enough to even fetishize the concept of racism in order to rustle someone's jimmies or whatever, you're probably racist.

Please Look After Mom

No one here cares about being called racist or not, fuck off.

Be a better person.

>better person

Subjective.

There's David Henry Hwang but he's shit

Here are some non-meme Asian American books, since you are apparently incapable of finding things outside of Veeky Forums memes that Veeky Forums hasn't even read.

Moment in Peking by Lin Yutang (1939)
Chinatown Family by Lin Yutang (1948)
The Rice Sprout Song by Eileen Chang (1955)
Lust, Caution by Eileen Chang (1979)
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan (1989)
Free Food for Millionaires by Min Jin Lee (2007)
Pachinko by Min Jin Lee (2017)

A couple of these are cheating a little since they are about life in Asia rather than life in America and some of them are first generation immigrants who wrote both works in their native language/country and English works when they came to America.

But by all means, continue with the shitty /pol/ bait.