I've read many cases of people who experienced head trauma and became savants because of it...

I've read many cases of people who experienced head trauma and became savants because of it,if it's the case that head trauma can result in increased intelligence why hasn't a medical filed developed around professionally administered head trauma?

video related

youtube.com/watch?v=DrYNJkwVwC4

>if it's the case that head trauma can result in increased intelligence
your premise is already fucked. it doesn't.
also savants are not "smarter", if that was what you are implying.

Eidetic memory isn't genius.

Intelligence is mostly just having a really good memory.

Well then I bet you have a really shitty memory

Fukken lol

I do, the thread was made to discuss why a possible treatment for bad memory isn't being explored more buddy.

I've read of a few cases of people who experienced trauma to their dicks, and it caused non-ischemic priapism which made their dicks grow to enormous size.
why hasn't a medical filed developed around professionally administered penis trauma?

You penis gets larger but its functionality decreases, false equivalence.

Because the number of people who have benefitted from head trauma is insignificant compared to the number of people who are fucked as a result of head trauma.

what is trepanation

That's why the filed needs to be developed so research can be done and safer administration is discovered.

Im going to trepanate your mom

an injury that makes you autistic 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the time is not going to be "professionally administered"

Well, it is a third if the IQ test, though at the same time, I wouldn't put much credence in the IQ test's ability to measure actual intelligence, let alone genius. And, even if your memory is near perfect, if your pattern recognition is shit, you're still retarded.

>why a possible treatment for bad memory isn't being explored more buddy.
You just linked a video with 10 case studies. There's so many studies on memory it's pretty much a field into itself, especially with Alzheimer's research being all the rage these days.

But yes, in the end, it's like kicking a car - sometimes this wacks an errant belt or fan into place, but most of the time, it just makes things worse and hurts your foot.

Getting struck by lightning is like kicking every last device in the car. It almost always involves radical personality changes and mild brain damage, and, 99% of the time, they are for the worse.

I suppose, once we have good brain simulations up and running, we'll be able to randomly scramble brains without having to worry so much about ethical issues, and maybe learn something from that. Until then, we'll have to rely on the occasional brain damage survivor and unethical government experiment.

trepanation is real life zenkai abuse

your x gets improved function but you are literally missing parts of your brain, equivalent equivalency

Apart from savants, every single person with eidetic memory that I've seen is a genius.

Your penis does not get an improvement in function in the example the poster gave.

Actually in one of the documentaries, (on savant artists featuring guy in OP (can't refind)), another savant drew things like birds in a calligraphic style. A researcher then gave normies a drug which let them create similar drawings.

Except most people with eidetic memory are clinically retarded, or at least suffer extreme autism. (Not that anyone has true eidetic memory.)

I suppose the anti-vaccers would say otherwise.

Though there's a lot of cases of similar syndromes from the result of brain surgery. One of the more interesting ones was a guy who was completely cut off from his emotions after they removed a small tumor. He was pretty smart before, and went full savant - but he was also completely dysfunctional. Went from being a high paid accountant with a trophy wife to divorced, unemployed, and living with his mother in the span of a few months, as it turns out, in that state, while he could whiz by math problems, he couldn't make any actual decisions for himself. It'd take him an hour to choose what color pen to sign a document with, and something like picking a cereal from the store aisle could leave him paralyzed in that aisle until the store closed.

>When the concepts are distinguished, eidetic memory is reported to occur in a small number of children and as something generally not found in adults,[2][6] while true photographic memory has never been demonstrated to exist.[5][7]

REEEEE FUCK GOOD WILL HUNTING

I thought that was real for someone. I'm sure most of the world believes this is a real thing too.

>if it's the case that head trauma can result in increased intelligence why hasn't a medical filed developed around professionally administered head trauma?
I'm a top man in the "filed" of notropic percussive enhancement.
I'd really enjoy the opportunity to make you smarter than fuck.

Ah yes I remember the first scholarly publication on the subject "Tiny Boobs Giant Tits Historyā€¯ by Shiden Akira et al.,2007

Informative stuff.