Went to my local coffee shop. The coffee was better than usual...

Went to my local coffee shop. The coffee was better than usual. So on my way out I said to the cute barista girl "explain this coffee to me". she just stared at me and walked away. Do employees not have to treat customers with respect anymore?

I could have worded it better but she was still not nice.

k

>Do employees not have to treat customers with respect anymore?

Not when you're on your way out. Pick better timing to ask your socially awkward questions.

Haha autists man

What if the barista wasn't cute, would you still use that shit pick up line? Don't blame the whole economy over a woman's intuition

who said it was a pickup line?

don't say that

>explain this coffee to me
Not expecting to get looked at funny

That's your opinion

>who said it was a pickup line?
What else would it be?

If you wanted to discuss the details of the coffee itself then wouldn't you do so while you still had the coffee in hand? That way if the barista explained something about the flavor you could then taste it and see if you noticed what she was talking about.

In case you somehow don't know this yet you're a creep who acted creepy. Why not open with a line like "this coffee was particularly delicious and I love coffee. Is there anything about this blend or the origin you can tell me because I'd love to keep an eye out for it".
Then again the fact that you posted this story incredulously means you're obtuse so surrender to forever alone status.

i have a tendency to slur my words pretty badly so it's possible she just didn't understand me
i wasn't hitting on her or anything she is really cute though and if she flirted with me then i would have flirted back

You're probably ugly, autistic or both.

Try complimenting her breasts with your weird speech pattern and when she says WHAT?! Say Explain this coffee to me and run away

Why do you care?
Anything she would have said would not result in a better tip, you were about to leave.
If you want good service you have to pay for it.
You at least tipped, right?

It's also the fact that you said "explain this coffee to me" instead of "the coffee was really good today, anything different about it?". Besides I don't believe a word you have to say.

Sometimes I bully the introvert customers who mumble at me by asking them to repeat themselves and speak clearly even though I understood their slurring the first time.

She maybe thought you were going to say it was bad and insult her, with such an abrupt statement. People who work with customers get sick of their shit sometimes.

Example. Customer walks up. Hey how you going today? Customer completely ignores you and sticks something on the counter. Same feeling you got. Maybe she had that a few times in the past hour.

I want this to be real, OP. This is either a perfectly envisioned situation of fictional social awkwardness, or it is real social awkwardness (or autism). Thank you for giving me hope for this board again. Summer is almost over.

>asking them to speak clearly

i'm sure that happened

Doesn't bother me one bit. That means I get to repeat myself extra slowly like I'm speaking to a child.

the only one who sounds retarded in this exchange is you

last time i'm posting here you guys are harsh

Nah, I think it's more retarded to pretend you didn't understand something. That's why you deserve the babytalk response. Why so buttmad?

I'm not the one who's babytalking to my waiter.
You sound like a bigger asshole than me.

be nice be nice

wow

You went into a cafe expecting nice people. The only cafe with nice people is the cafe in the industrial area making breakfast and lunch. A cafe that is mostly about coffee, staffed by white people will most probably be arrogant and rude. Coffee perpetuates an arrogance, I don't know why.

>Explain this coffee to me

Why you gotta be racist

I hated mumblers when I used to bartend. Music is on people are being loud and I'm trying to take an order from someone who is looking down and mumbling.

Aw poor baby
Grow up!

She did the right thing.

Why do you think that?

>don't say that
Kinda shitty of him to say but he hit a nerve obviously. You worded it really weirdly and I would have walked away from you and gone back to doing something useful rather than answer that. Helpful wording tip: ask a question rather than demand an answer. "Explain this coffee to me" is an order. "The coffee tastes better than usual, are you all doing something different?" is the start of a conversation.

i was being perfectly pilote

Those were not the words of someone being perfectly polite.

why not

making demands to strangers isn't polite

You are probably autistic and or dumb

be nice

hey

Veeky Forums is full of uppity women

>Do employees not have to treat customers with respect anymore?
Yes, but attractive girls can always get away with being rude. There's different rules for them.

Although in this case it's obviously because you weren't able to contain your autism enough. I think you scared her.

where

you asked a stupid question.. wait no, you made an awkward request. Her turning around and walking away is the appropriate response, aspie.

really

lol OP is such an autist I'm thoroughly convinced that this isn't a troll it's a good argument for late-term abortions

Every barista I've ever gotten to know in my city reveals her neurosis within 10 minutes of talking. Any longer, and they're concealing the old "Well, I was pretty much raped" story. Don't try to bang girls who work at coffee shops, they're fucked up. Bakeries are 50/50, same with grocery store chicks.

where

so

No you weren't. give an example of being perfectly polite. You were being rude and weird.

how so

stop

You autistic, blithering idiot, OP

Hell no he did not tip. He's clearly fucking retarted.

It's always been like that. People have always been jerks to each other. You're probably one of those people born in '98 that call themselves ''90's kids' and think every fucking thing was better back then.

why

Veeky Forums memes are weird man

It's a /r9k/ meme, but that board of emos got so full of themselves they're introducing their tumblr level mental disorder pride everywhere now.

I guess it's nice for them they dare themselves out of their safespace.

Not the autists, no.

i'm not autistic

Only a true autist denies himself.

stop