On a cosmic scale, is this humanity's greatest achievement?

On a cosmic scale, is this humanity's greatest achievement?

>cosmic scale
>moon landing

That's like trying to figure out how much of the country you've traversed right after you stepped out onto your porch.

No it would be Voyager 2.

>Doesn't mention voyager 1
Man I hate you faggot pop-sci retards.

How exactly ? Voyager 1 is farther away

On a cosmic scale, our greatest achievement is all of the electromagnetic waves we send into outer space.

Oups my bad you are right it's Voyager 1 I was talking about.

Albert Einstein once declared that his second best idea after the theory of relativity was adding an egg to his soup while it was cooking so he wouldn't have an extra pot to wash afterwards.

From an engineering standpoint it was a great achievement. But it took all of our collective knowledge just to land on the closest rock and come back. We should have been colonizing shit in the 70's but we fell for the corporatism meme and now we just get bigger iPhones every year.

They are so weak, they cand hardly be detected.

the internet

>tfw you've been making ramen like this since college and it doesn't even rank on my best idea ever list
W-was Einstein a brainlet?

The Voyager probe that is the furthest thing from earth ever created and will take 30,000 years to reach actual interstellar space as it hasnt even hit the Oort Cloud yet.

>We should have been colonizing shit in the 70's
The problem with that is the lack of incentive for space colonization.
No one wants to move to space more than me, but theres no pressure that offsets the huge economic sink of establishing a permanent colony even on the moon.

on a cosmic scale?

I'd have to say having the power to extinguish all life on a single planet is quite an achievement. Even if it's one humanity wish it couldn't take credit for, or prefer to remain in denial. As species, we're pretty fucked up in the head.

>No one wants to move to space more than me
Elon Musk? Is that you???

So the commies should have won. I knew it.

Pretty much. Human civilization peaked at about that time and has been going steadily downhill ever since. And probably won't last much longer.

No

Commies were doomed to destruction because their shit doesn't fucking work

I wonder how things would have changed if they got to the moon first, if that would have made the US one up them with Murrica City on the moon.

Humanity's greatest achievement is the girl(boy)

bach music is a much much greater achievement

AlphaGo

Successfully continuing it's existence. The human brain is the most complex object in the known universe.