Be Veeky Forums

>be Veeky Forums
>merge with Veeky Forums
>"oh wow fun! I should really get back to reading, this board probably has some good recs and discussions"
>assume people on a literature board would be mature, level-headed and introspective
>it's filled to the brim with late teens/early 20s loser men
>literature discussed is confined to namedropping greek philosophers and discussing fascist ideals
>those who actually read are discussing fantasy or babbys first book like 1984 or Art of War
>yet to see any work of any female author discussed so far
>words like "normie", "cuck", "pleb", "sjw" in about every thread
This was disappointing

cuck

It's always a bad idea to have high expectations.

Start a discussion on something than interests you then instead of shitposting, retard.
>words like "normie", "cuck", "pleb", "sjw" in about every thread
You really are a pleb sjw cuck.

Why not a normie too?

Nice bait!

Don't forget my favorite, constantly namedropping Notes from Underground without getting that the central moral message was that the Underground Man is 100% wrong, and Liza is the moral core of the novel

It's not bait. I'm not kidding. I've been here for two days lurking and I haven't seen any discussion or mentions of female authors or works written by them.

Don't forget my favorite, constantly namedropping Notes from Underground which I've never read

This is where your post lost all credibility. I bet you're a fucking cuck.

because they are shit.

Whom would you consider to be a worthwhile female author? Hardmode: no googling "famous female authors."

>being such a beta bitch virgin that you dismiss about 45% of modern literature based on the gender of the writer
Mm these are the kinds of people I'm sure I'll have deep meaningful discussion and analysis with

That's because women write shitty books, retard. We're not avoiding them because they are women, we're avoiding them because they are shit.

>be Veeky Forums
>merge with Veeky Forums
>"oh wow fun! I should really get back to lifting, this board probably has some good recs and discussions"
>assume people on a fitness board would be mature, level-headed and introspective
>it's filled to the brim with late teens/early 20s loser men
>fitness topics discussed are confined to namedropping routines and discussing youtube videos
>those who actually lift are discussing diets or babbys first program like SS or Greyskull
>yet to see any female user taken seriously and not called a gynofag
>words like "chad", "cuck", "manlet", "dyel" in about every thread
This is Veeky Forums, retard. Stop expecting good things from it.

Ferrante
Wolf
Lessing
Munro
Svetlana Alexievich (my favorite author of all time btw)

you also forgot that litizen are like mongrels for wisdom & knowledge tipping their fedora waiting for applause from other false enlightened who are themselves displaying their tinsel mores.

You're here, aren't you.

to be fair Veeky Forums is filled with similar trash. it's fucking 4chins what did you expect?

>Anna Akhmatova
>Virginia Woolf
>Emily Dickenson

>modern literature
>good
99% of modern "literature" is utter garbage. So you're complaining about the 0.45% of books that we don't discuss, or what exactly?

>being such a beta bitch virgin
I'm actually married. Stop projecting your failures.

Agota Kristof
Elsa Morante
Sylvia Plath

>Simone Weil
>Simone de Beauvoir
>Gertrude Stein

If by "Wolf" you mean "Woolf," she is most certainly discussed here. As are Munro and Lessing. Lurk moar

>dismissing literature based on the time it was written
That's especially retarded because it's shaped by the time we currently live in, also in some cases, examining the current world.
>I don't read my books unless they're in black and white xD btw who else thinks women are stupid sluts with nothing worthwile to say? Kant said 'women are stupid sluts who act like kids' and I couldn't agree more
user I...

>Ferrante
>Stein
>good
Unless you're just copypasting from Google you need to fuck off with taste this shit.

Dang, autocorrect on my phone robbed me from all my valid points and credibility.
I'm not saying they're never discussed her, I said I'm yet to see it.
Also if you scroll up a bit earlier in the thread, you have some healthy balanced adults who claim modern literature is shit and women write nothing but shit. So it seems like I have a point.

>Ferrante
>bad
>>>claiming others have shit taste
ISHYGDDT

Your assertion that anything even approaching half of all worthwhile literature is written by women is so far detatched from reality, it greatly undermines any confidence in producing fruitful discussion. If not made in total ignorance, such great delusions would be suggestive of insanity.

Fuck off they're ok

>complaining about autistic teenagers on a site for autistic teenagers
wew lad. what the fuck is your problem. Veeky Forums has outstanding discussions every once in a while, but expecting them all the time from a platform for shitposting funny internet pictures is unreasonable to say the least. stop being a faggot for once and actually start a discussion instead of expecting free entertainment to appear.

>Your assertion that anything even approaching half of all worthwhile literature is written by women is so far detatched from reality, it greatly undermines any confidence in producing fruitful discussion. If not made in total ignorance, such great delusions would be suggestive of insanity.
user have you ever heard the quote "brevity is the soul of wit" said by Billy Shakesman? Give that some thought

>Gertrude Stein
Is this bait?

>the best works preserved of the last few thousand years
vs
>a vastly smaller sample size of the past few decades, barely sifted through the test of time, written in a time where the quality of education AND language is much lower and everything is distorted through a destructive post modernist lens
Your ideology has actually made you blind. What a fucking waste of a human being.

not an argument

>what the fuck is your problem
Said autistic teenagers desu. You have a point though, it's Veeky Forums afterall. I just wanted to share how disappointing this board was. It's like going to /tv/ for the first time and being met with nothing but Game of Throne threads and Rick&Morty.

Do you by any off chance know of any high quality literature forum?

/pol/ spilled over. This used to be the ancient Athens of Veeky Forums before moot reopened pol and this new wave of hyper moralists who are pretty much evangelicals minus the Christianity took over. And given the allure they've stayed to posture their self imposed intellect.
prove me wrong.

>Your ideology has actually made you blind.
What ideology would that be user? Please tell me.
>What a fucking waste of a human being.
That's some assumption there. I'm a doctor user. What do you do to help others?

This is still Veeky Forums so you should've expected all those things. Also
>muh fememe authors for no reason other than Current Year """"feminist"""" bragging rights

>not an argument

>dismiss great works of literature because of your "political" worldview and wraped relationship to the female genders
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

>Do you by any off chance know of any high quality literature forum?
I'm interested in this

>m-muh Current Year!
Try reading this if you want a taste of what contemporary c/lit/ is really all about.
>hardmode
Actually understand what the fuck it's on about while I select these gas stations.

> Beauvoir

Influential yes, but if you are not a super feminist it's not as interesting.

There is some good historical fiction by women.

>Rosemary Sutcliff (Eagle of the ninth)
>Colleen McCullough (First man or Rome series)

Pretty good ripsnorting shit

It has absolutely nothing to do with the political views themselves so much as the culture surrounding them and everything laudedby it being either utterly banal and ephemeral in the most insipid ways or grossly misrepresented in all the trashiest ways. Liberal Arts colleges and their putrid graduates/professors have been cancer for the longest time now.

There are no good forums. There are bits and bobs here and there, but nothing consistently good. In that regard Veeky Forums, a shithole that it is, is your best bet for online discussion. A pretty good one too because, as others have already pointed out, if you come here with an actual discussion topic instead of whining in greentext there's almost always going to be a couple of competent participants. And unlike /tv/ and /mu/ the board is much slower so your thread is not going to be buried by a fuckton of shitposts in a matter of minutes.

tldr contribute instead of complaining or fuck off to your local housewifes' book club

>m-muh current year!
You know that's used to point out the fallacy the current year having any inherent value of what morals or social norms should be in affect. That's not at all applicable to what I said. Try again

>I won't read great works of literature because nonsense feminism is widespread among colleges
??

>when you try to sound cool and rational but entirely miss the point and out yourself for a quintessential basic bitch /pol/tard
Not the one you're replying to, but have to point out you're absolutely retarded.

I sometimes use it simply to refer to a preoccupation with the zeitgeist represented by that same tendency. This isn't high schooldebate club, Veeky Forumsstula.

I don't have any local housewive's book club to fuck off to yo.
I really don't feel like trying to discuss with the people on this board at all. This board is rancid shit and the posts in this very thread confirms it.
I will fuck off from Veeky Forums but I just wanted to tell you guys your board a shit and possibly find somewhere else to go

There was no "point" to be missed and you might very well have some mild form of retardation ifyou think there was.

The best part about this thread is that you're obviously a butthurt i/lit/erate capitalizing on the recent prank to vent your frustrations about the board.
Feel free to go back there.

Well, considering you're just another pointless retard who made another pointless thread that contains nothing but bitching and complaining, can't say anyone will miss you. You're right though in that Veeky Forums needs fewer people like you. Best of luck.

Ok but it still don't fucking makes sense.
>why would you not read books based on the time they were written? Especially since they're very relevant in today's world
>MUH CURRENT YEAR
Just what the fuck do you mean by that you meme spouting parrot

>meta discussion is pointless
>pointing out room for improvment in the forum is useless whining

I'd argue that Veeky Forums is the best large board on Veeky Forums.
>extremly informative sticky
>people are mean as fuck but actually give good advice
>lots of people that actually lift quite a bit , especially if you browse the powerlifting threads
>probably the least amount of cuck-spamming annoying virgin trump fan beta kids of any of the major boards

It is pointless, you absolute dunce. Either help to improve the content or fuck off. At the very least don't actually make the very problem you're complaining about worse.

To my surprise I'm pretty sure I read more than the average Veeky Forumsizen and I'm probably five times more versed in authors from 1800-today than the average Veeky Forumsizen.

You guys sure know how to circlejerk Plato and Kant though, I'll give you that. I doubt many of you have read more than the wikipedia articles of them, though.

lit has a great sticky with a whole fucking wiki with endless amount of charts in it. people actually give good advice as long as you ignore memeing teenagers. lots of people actually read quite more than a bit which is why they are not here to instantly respond with advice in the first place. if you don't understand how slow boards work it's not our fault.

>to smart and well-read too start a discussion
>autistic greentext complaining is where it's at
Tell me this is an intricate bait. There's no way a person can lack self-awareness to this extent.

>Discuss female author
>People hijack the stream asking why we aren't discussing some horrible fantasy novel written by a bloated aging whale
Why bother.

>no one here reads anything because theyre too busy shitposting their board memes

>greentext not the of the best ways to formulate yourself in text
>calling out your shit board for being shit with valid arguments is autistic

/pol/ here, fuck you Veeky Forumsbags you fucking dickheads. I can't even state my opinion without you fucking incompetent (and that's coming from me) egotistical twats shouting ad hominems. I should be used to it but your shitposting is a special kind, fuck off

A faggot board for the ugly and insecure.

Please try and convince me how I should take a board seriously when half of it is manlet losers posing topless in front of a mirror.

>Please try and convince me how I should take a board seriously when half of it is manlet losers posing topless in front of a mirror.
Because even those manlet losers are still getting more action than you?

>wew this place is so bad and beneath me
>spends over an hour engaging in empty polemics and sophistry in his shit thread
>wew this place is so bad i'm smarter than everyone around
Still really hoping this is bait.

That doesn't make them any more interesting to talk to. Also you should leave, this is an 18+ site.

>everything is sex and sex is everything
to my virginal friend

Receiving (You)s on your half-naked selfie isn't action you fucking faggot.

>Wew this place that my home board got merged with is really below expectation
>you call yourself a literature board? half of you don't read and the other half are straight from reddit/the_donald or /pol/

I'm not claiming to be smarter than anyone, I'm just saying your board a shit and 80% of the posters, including people in this thread are pic related.

>sophistry
bitch where

>pic related: average Veeky Forums user to smart for modern literature and feminazi hoax literature by the likes of Munro and Alexievich

Sad thing is Veeky Forums marxposting on Veeky Forums is actually a huge problem on that board, way worse of a problem than /pol/.

>A faggot board for the ugly and insecure.
>pretending to have read Nietzsche and bashing John Green for six hours a day is the hobby of tall beautiful successful human beings

>wew most of you guys are dumb
Okay now what? What is the purpose of this thread, autismo?

Still skirting around the posing-half-naked-for-dudes part I see.

>quality discussion on an anonymous Laotian alchemy website

you repent and I go back to my deadlifts

Feel free to fuck off. We have enough pseuds already.

>pseuds
bitch where

Well, Veeky Forums didn't manage to give anyone renal failure with expert advice yet, so we're definitely behind the /r9k/-light.

>improving your body and getting feedback from your bros (no homo)
>wrong
??
>renal failure with expert advice yet
what is this referring to?

In the mirror.

I don't see it

>posing and posting half-naked pictures to be rated by others who pose and post half-naked pictures
>no homo

user..

tyvd

Because you're already dead.

All shit you should or spelt wrong you should have said
Woolf
Anne Carson
George Eliot
Gertrude Stein
Flannery O'Connor
Sappho
Djuna Barnes

not him but
>Lessing
>Munro
>Svetlana Alexievich
>>shit
what the fuck

Honestly acting shocked that Veeky Forums doesnt like whatever YA or fantasy shit you're reading is like going to /mu/ and acting shocked when they don't care about dadrock. What did you expect you whiny faggot?

Death of the author

more like going to /mu/ and see them discussing nothing but Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, while laughing at the thought of listening to modern music or god forbid, music with women
/mu/ is a really good board user, you guys could learn a lot from it

>/mu/ is a really good board
It was at that moment that everyone realized that OP is mentally challenged. Back to your contrarian teenager cesspit. Unless you're underage there's literally nothing worthy on /mu/ except for instrument/production generals.

>/mu/core not good music
>rec threads not good
>not an overall high quality board outside of kpop, last.fm threads, NMH and radiohead
wew lad

>entry level p4k-core is good music
>endless contrarian memery is high quality
Please leave, this site is 18+.

>if it's not obscure it's bad
>implying björk, the microphones, pixies, kanye west, elliot smith, TRST, grimes isn't good music because "muh entry level"
wow that's some insecurity you got there my dude

>let me post a list to further confirm I have no taste and listen to /mu/ memes exclusively
>putting bjork and pixies in together with this trash
You have to go back.
>the microphones
Also kys yourself.

>björk, pixies, kanye, grimes
>not four of the most influential music producers of the 20th/21th century
>discard them as memes and trash

>shitting on the microphones, best lo-fi music ever made
link me your last.fm so I can laugh at you.
>inb4 faust and """noise""" music

Veeky Forums friend here, you're a fucking faggot. Veeky Forums has the best memes and that is unquestionable fact.

>open any album discussion thread
>it's 200 edgy "pleb/partician" replies with some verbose "i like it/i hate it/it's okay" comments
>open any rec thread
>it's completely random shit based on muh feels and A E S T H E T I C S
>open any chart/r8 thread
>it's a fucking chart/r8 thread
I'm not sure how you can find any of this high quality. Much like Veeky Forums the only good parts of the board are sticky/wiki and an occasional general.