How does it actually feel to be intelligent? As a brainlet when I try to study I need to read the text several times...

How does it actually feel to be intelligent? As a brainlet when I try to study I need to read the text several times, visualize it and maybe read a few other sources on the same topic to really understand. When I study I can't clearly see what is important so I get lost in the information, I need quite a bit of time to get to the point. It may take an entire hour to get trough one of the harder pages.

Even after all that I can't freely recite what I learned. It's all in bits and pieces, I can't describe what I learned intelligently. I stutter and try to find the words, for the big boy words I need to review my notes again and I rarely really are able to remember them so my vocabulary hardly grows.

I tried dual n back to see how my working memory performed and it's absolute shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

handprint.com/HP/WCL/perspect1.html.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

study more

You're studying bullshit

I study every single day for at least 8 hours. I follow literally every learning strategy found on virtualsalt.com. I had never a problem with persistence or procrastination. As a legit brainlet who will never make it I just want to know how it feels on the other side.

what do you study?

Study the Humanities like I did, and then, brag about knowing some random useless bullshit. You're going to seem at least somewhat intelligent.

I think the movie Limitless conveys it pretty well. Everything makes sense and the world is more vibrant.

I feel smarter at some times than others, but most people don't acknowledge that such a a thing is possible: You're either smart or you're not (50-50).

I think the main things you can do to improve your intelligence is good diet, sufficient sleep and make a conscious effort to be effective in things you do (I think bad wiring can be responsible for stupidity).

>how can I not start every paragraph with "I think"?

I work as a male geriatric nurse and study math in pretty much all my free time.

it means you can think a certain amount of moves ahead

>I think the movie Limitless conveys it pretty well
thats your problem. A movie is just a movie, look up actual people, scientists, see how they study/studied. They didnt just learn everything in one day, its a lifelong process.

We don't have to study

The fact that you need to do that proves you are in fact the brainlet

Tell me something new.

OP post an example of something you're trying to study, let's see if I'll grasp it quicker

>I study every single day for at least 8 hours

>I work as a male geriatric nurse and study math in pretty much all my free time.

you work and then study for 8 hours? do you not eat, rest/sleep? do anything else? how are you posting on Veeky Forums? I dont think you have time for this

I don't work full time. Only 6 hours a day. My shift also starts very early so I got used to 6 hours of sleep.
I am learning this currently handprint.com/HP/WCL/perspect1.html.

just kill yourself already subhuman

Sorry.

Your problem is that I wasn't saying what you thought I was saying. I'm saying that Limitless does a good job at illustrating the contrast between higher and lower IQ and I think so because it reflects my own experience.

I don't recall how the movie portrayed learning, but in the show they take some heavy liberties (you retroactively assimilate everything you were ever exposed to)

>How does it feel to be intelligent.

Imagine you go to the grocery store and as you are browsing food items to purchase you pass by people that seem as though they have no direction. Every once in a while they will acknowledge you are there and attempt to start idle conversation. As they open their mouths the first 200 words you hear from them are words you learned in kindergarten and you can physically feel yourself becoming mentally ill by continuing to listen to the conversation. As it goes on you recede into your own thoughts contemplating new ideas and links between high level concepts in your field, as this occurs you are speaking to them in a vocabulary then can understand. As your thoughts start to become something that you are leading the conversation towards you realize that the person in front of you would be incapable of grasping even the most basic meanings or ideas behind your new extrapolations.

Now you arrive at the checkout counter and make small talk with the clerk who talks about such petty nonsense that you instantly become unenthused by the conversation and recede into the depths of your consciousness once again.

Consider this scenario happening in all aspects of your social life. As you begin to realize at an early age the majority of the people you meet are incapable of rational, let alone deep, thoughts. You slowly begin to recede from the world, only socializing when required for applications of grants, purchasing of food and 'collaboration' between you and your 'peers'.

Until I was about 18 I was highly social, then realized the above so I am quite sure I have little to no mental disabilities that have forced this into being. I do however constantly think about the idea of killing myself as I feel I am to good for this world, but I am too much of a bitch to do so.

the contrast that doesnt exist because Limitless character doesnt exist in real life.
The actual true contrast is much less significant.

What do you mean by "make it"?
Anyway, it sounds like your studying method focus too much on passive understanding the material. I used to have the same issue until I started to focus on solving problems to solidify my understanding of the subject. Now I sort of just skim through the text and then move on to solving exercises.
My advice is for you to stop following prescribed study strategies and experiment on yourself until you find the one that suits you best. Also, stop stressing about not understanding and/or spending too much time on a topic. Just focus on learning regardless of how long it takes.

Grats on learning the word "autist" in kindergarten
btw I would love to hear about the """high level concepts in your field"""

>I need to read the text several times, visualize it and maybe read a few other sources on the same topic to really understand.
when you're a PhD that's quite literally the same thing, just on more advanced topics

>I got used to 6 hours of sleep.
that might be an issue. I too went through a period where I was overworked and thought I was "used" to not sleeping. After a couple years of this regime I had to realize the lack of sleep was melting my brain.

I'm telling you it's the same thing, except replace superhuman intelligence and magic pills with regular intelligence and absence of low blood sugar.

Maybe getting more sleep would help me out a little but let's be real. The change won't be significant or life changing at all. It's always just a tiny buff at best for anything that isn't drugs.

>How does it actually feel to be intelligent?

Lonely. You can talk to people, but its like talking to a Furby if they are not near your level.

Being intelligent without a shred of creativity is worthless. Don't blame the retards, blame yourself for not having the mental capacity to make generic interactions entertaining.

>make generic interactions entertaining.
>just turn your brain off!

gb2/tv/

>actually directly implying you should try thinking more
>can't even comprehend that much
>sends me off to some place that has no direct relevancy to anything so probably visits or visited that specific board himself and projects his self hatred for visiting it onto other people