Why can't Science solve homelessness? What is what with institutions?

Why can't Science solve homelessness? What is what with institutions?

What is wrong with institutions, besides the occasional abuses that happen in them?

If you have large enough population. No matter which tradition and life level country have there would be people that would be willing to live homeless. And that is their right. In other words there is no problem if the percentage low and based on the free will and not on live condition. In USSR there where law that forbid to be homeless nothing good comes from it. In the cases when it caused by other factors we have dozens of solution:
- payment for unemployed
- dorms
- religion communes
- home ques

Homeless is solved in many places. I never lived in a country with homeless people and I lived in three different countries.

The US just has a very weak social safety net, is all.

If you have large enough population. No matter which tradition and life level country have there would be people that would be willing to live homeless. And that is their right. In other words there is no problem if the percentage low and based on the free will and not on live condition. In USSR there where law that forbid to be homeless nothing good comes from it. In the cases when it caused by other factors we have dozens of solution:
- payment for unemployed
- dorms
- religion communes
- home ques

Can you provide me examples?
Is it your own experience or statistics?

my gf is a social worker.
Basically some people are either unable to stop being poor and others don't want to. Also many homeless people have mental illnesses that made them homeless in the first place.
So in short you have a section of them that should get medical help (solvable to a certain extent) and two groups that will never leave poverty.

Mind you, social work tries to get people to actually find a job and not just collect welfare (at least in my country), in fact welfare is considered harmful and is called "assistentialism".

Most of the other social workers I have met trough her say the same: some people can't make it no matter how much help you throw at them, they simply are unable to.

Just round them up and put them to work in fields or factories. Few months later and you won't even need to force them - most people go where the currents take them.

The legal notion of private property should be destroyed.
Living on the land you occupy should be free and no one should have legal ownership of that which they do not physically possess in person.
Property is theft and ibdenteretude to all who are deprived

Any one on the street is possess some form of light mental illness, their is such a an abundance of programs that you could be placed into a domicile within a week. They are out because they enjoy it.
T section 8 landlord

Don't mind the spelling and syntax, iPad auto correct.

Because science hasn't been used to resolve homelessness, only feelings and bullshit has been used.

shut the fuck up

This. It is nearly impossible to be impoverished in America, much less homeless. Anyone that is has mental deficiencies. Show me one homeless person of median cognitive ability

America is not a country that runs by science or truth.

I think you guys are seriously underestimating the trust problem.

Even if a homeless person knows about a program, which isn't guaranteed, they might not trust the program to actually help them. They may think it's a scam, or a trap, or too good to be true and a waste of their time. These are often people who have been fucked over repeatedly in their life, often starting with their parents. You can't expect them to have blind faith that this organization wants to give them a free house for no benefit to themselves. And this isn't a sign of any mental illness; they were just adapted to the reality they lived in. Their whole life was full of shit, so they came to assume everything will be shit.

Of course a lot of them are just schizophrenic nutjobs, but I have known some homeless people that were perfectly rational and reasonable. The one thing the DID all have in common was alcoholism, though.

That's what mental institutions are for. They worked just fine until the SJWs of the '50s had them shut down.

So..... mental illness. Redpill yourself.

A lot of Americans think that homeless people deserve to be homeless because they're lazy and should just "pull themselves up by their bootstraps". They try their best to block programs that help the homeless with training or temporary homes or job placement because they absolutely HATE that they're getting something they didn't work for.

The ultimate irony? Those same people will refuse to acknowledge that they got free shit from their parents.

If 100 out of 100 times you tried to get help you got fucked over, it is not mental illness to stop trying to get help.

this. the US has a scary amount of homeless because they fell for the "anti-USSR==anti-communist==anti-sociallist==fuck-the-poor" cold war propaganda bullshit.

LOL

look at chicago, st louis, NYC, san fran, portland, atlanta....

just a bunch of hairy homeless MEN begging on streets, of course its odd to go up to and say 'hey wanna make 8.25/hr?'

Women don't go homeless because society sees them as weaker and have more sympathy for them. Family members and friends are infinitely more likely to help a female rather than a friend because its a society expectation we help women. There are a lot more places like womens' shelters rather than normal homeless shelters

This. Let's also get rid of fiat currency and erase interest as a tool.

Also a lot of them are stupid children and don't remember Reagan creating the homeless problem overnight by gutting social services, so nut jobs that should be in a hospital somewhere are now free to stab you in the street because the voices told them to.

There are some cities in the US that are trying. Part of the problem is the rampant mental health issues that aren’t being addressed. Most of the homeless population are people who were released on the streets during the Reagan presidency when institutions started shutting down.

A lot of mental institutions were complete hellholws or underfunded.

this is actually my favorite episode. Serious anarchy enthusiasts arent completely like that that, although i do squat, but it is in the lake houses of multi millionaires.
Just pointing out that squatting wouldn't exists if private property didn't, neither would rent mortgages, or land barrons. If you live somewhere or use something, its is yours to the degree of which you use it. You cannot possibly posses something you dont occupy with your body or work.
property is the worlds greatest scam, you should have to justify "ownership" and a legal contract isn't sufficient

it can
but fallout would be terrible

if merica wouldnt spend trilions on space programs but fight with poverty maybe some geniuses woulnt die and humanity today would be much more advanced

The problem is capitalism, and there is no easy way to fix it.