Just got back from a weekened at new york and stopped at strand books this morning before I left...

Just got back from a weekened at new york and stopped at strand books this morning before I left. That franklin library is the picture of dorian grey.

Kind of a big book for only one picture lol?

How much for everything, senpaiĆ­lia?

You are a fucking loser lmao

>buys complete poetry of blake
>proceeds to buy songs of innocence too
For what purpose?

Are you like 15 or something?

>Actually going to Strand
Tourist meme store. All the good bookstores in the city got eaten up in the late-00's.

This is an advertisement

I dunno, I asked the person who worked there what the best introduction to william blake's poetry was, and they said songs of innocence and experience. So I picked that cheap little songs of innocence book and it fits in my coat pocket. The other book I had just been looking for, and I like having complete works of poets anyways, so yeah.
That hurts senpai. Being unthoughtful is not cool.
It cost about 200, with 14 for the william blake which I bought the day earlier.

What?

Hey bro, I went to the Strand bookstore some years ago and, just like you, I bought only poetry books, including that exact edition of Cummings. And I'm not even American :)

Sweet, dude.

>200
$200? For a bunch of poetry you can find online for free?

No, $214. Wouldn't you say it was a great bargain?

Good poetry.

You could go on abe books and gotten all of this for like 40 bucks. You just got just-starting essential poetry and shit. Why are you posting this. You were scammed and you didn't get anything interesting.
It's like you're proud of being stupid or something.

I did just start reading poetry.

>blake complete poems
>not the complete poems and prose

you are missing some of his finest lines.

also +1 for getting the songs too, the whole experience needs the visuals.

lastly, why not wordsworth/coleridge if shelley/keats?

I almost forgot, I picked up some buttons as well.

>wordsworth/coleridge
I dunno, I don't really know anything about poetry. I just went off of what poems I hear mentioned a lot and have tabbed in my norton anthology, and what I've seen recommended to me here on lit.

Haha this is a bait thread. Now I get it haha. Good one OP.

I saw that there, it was a fucking enormous book.

>not getting the joke
how?

yikes, are these the people I share my board with

good taste/10

Did a quick search only on abebooks, choosing only solid-sounding copies I would buy (no markings, ships from US). $64.89 for the lot, with shipping. Most strikingly you can get that copy of Keats brand new for $8.18 (including shipping), whereas you apparently paid $22.50.

You just blew $160. Could have stayed an extra night if you didn't fall for the Strand meme.

go away jew

Well, my dad paying for the whole trip so whatever. I may end up getting complete works of these poets though. I did end up nabbing the hardcover complete works of cummings for like 7 dollars with free shipping from abebooks after the trip, because I wanted to have those erotic poems.

you're an ingrate, son

(btw), the tote and hat plus the franklin library cost like 80 dollars. So subtract that from the cost.

the only button thats really that bad is the FUCK 2016 one but buying buttons in the first place is really cringey

>my dad paying for the whole trip so whatever
Good to see he taught you responsibility.
>blowing his money recklessly and ending his bloodline by being a flaming homosexual

Oh God, it only gets worse.

strand I spent most of high school in, even my first date.
But the place is absolutely disgusting now and I think it always has been. Why would you pay to come to this shit hole city. I finally get to leave this Friday. Been preparing for a month, /out/ says I got all I need and I'm gone.
Seriously everything and everyone that encompasses evil greedy virtue signaling liberals can be found in Strand. You're a cuck for not stealing those books desu.

should've scrolled. lel, next time you in nyc get in touch with the anons here, much better places to go

>he paid that much for a franklin library book that isn't even part of the 100 greatest sets
You got scammed. Why buy collectible books when you know nothing about them?

like where?

Im assuming you saw Great Comet. Did you like it? My friend directed it so I had stage seating on Opening Night.

How'd you like Natasha Pierre?

It was one of the best musicals I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of musicals in my life. The music was top notch, and I got a seat on stage, it was set up so the seating was in between the actors, and it was an extremely interactive play. I got a few trinkets that only people on stage got. The actors would literally come into contact with you, hand you stuff, etc. It was an extremely fun play, probably one of the best I've seen.

I meant to say it was easton press. I got it wrong, sorry. It really is a gorgeous book.

I tend to think that people who say things like "virtue" signaling are just saying that if you express concern for causes that you feel are important, that somehow it's not because you actually feel that they're important, but because somehow you're just being insincere, and so is everyone else who believes in them. Like, it's as if it's saying that (a) it's not actually right to be pro gay and hate trump (b) anyone who does is just doing so because they want to impress others. I guarantee you that's not true.

Why would I pay to come to new york? Well I saw a really great play on broadway, walked the high line, walked through central park, walked about 15 miles through outer areas like greenich village; saw an art museum which wasn't the best, but had some interesting works and some very interesting people; had some really nice food; met up with one of my dad's friends who is a famous architect, who gave us a little tour of the city and took us out to lunch and drove us around, and took us to the art show.

I had a ton of fun shopping at the tucked away little clothing stores, which were a lot of vintage used stuff. I went to beacons closet and no relation, and no relation was incredible. I'd never seen so many fashionable people, and I'd never seen people who were so fashionable. It wasn't like, goofy stupid fashion either, it was like they actually found the coolest shit for really cheap and they looked amazing. There was this group of guys who I'd never seen look so hip, who were picking out clothes with each other, and I thought that was really cool. They were literally smoking weed outside the store and playing underground reggae music in the store lol.

I didn't find much clothes, but their selection was some really interesting stuff. I would go back. I bought a really beat to shit old navy pea coat and wore it for fun for most of the fully day that I was there. That was a lot of fun. I also bought about 3 vintage button up shirts for under 10 dollars each. The pea coat was only like 35, so I had a lot of fun with it and don't have to feel a lot of regret for buying something with holes in it lol.

heading to nyc tomorrow myself lad

Nice.

Are you moving to Texas? I would love to live in Texas.