Getting a short story published in the new yorker easy if you follow this recipe:

Getting a short story published in the new yorker easy if you follow this recipe:

>Pseudo-Intellectual character
>Maudlin setting
>something sexually deviant
>magical realism
>ambiguous ending

Seriously, just read a few stories and they are all so formulaic.

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/29/gender-studies-by-curtis-sittenfeld
theodoredalrymple.wordpress.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_conservative_magazines
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just be an ethnic minority that grew up speaking English as a first language in the upper middle class and went to a good college, and write about immigrant experiences or whatever that you never had

Projecting much?

I am meeting the author of this story next week.
newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/29/gender-studies-by-curtis-sittenfeld

What should I ask?

thats one of the ones I read, ask why the old lady gave up on a good time in the middle of being eaten out

>pic not related

Ask him why he writes like a boring prole

>curious as to what the New Yorker is like
>"TRUMP VS. COAL, by Random liberal Woman
>TRUMP SUCKS
>MIKE PENCE HATES WOMEN?????
>BRAIN WASHING

fuck that

yeah super left wing, look at the story in for another example

>actually reading The New Yorker

I tried once, and it was so excruciating I abandoned the magazine after ten minutes--and it wasn't even the fiction pages. I can't stand that kind of forgettable, middle-brow claptrap with an agenda. Thanks for your sacrifice, though.

"Do you think it's fair people pay $8.99, a rather high price, only to read profanities all over your text?"

rec me some right-wing magazines/journals.

I'm not even that right wing, I just cannot stand the whole left-wing idealism in magazines and other literary mediums

I wonder if the New Yorker is one of those mythical "We'll publish crap if it's written by a woman/minority/non-heterosexual individual" magazines.

the left-wing stuff doesn't bother me as much as the writing does. There are some good pieces in there regardless of political belief but the rest is like the iterations of the navy seal copypasta

Among British publications, The Spectator and The Telegraph seem decent, just like anything Theodore Dalrymple contributes to, I guess.

theodoredalrymple.wordpress.com/

Regarding American magazines, there's an even wide choices, but be wary, it's full of neo-cons which are nothing but rebadged leftists:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_conservative_magazines

Hire a black woman to submit all your texts and pretend she wrote them (or just use some LaQueesha Jones alias). See result.

What compels a man to write some trash about a post-wall harpy getting eaten out while an inner monologue of "DUDE DRUMPF" drones on

M I D C U L T G A R B A G E

>The Telegraph
>Conservative
Their blairites.

The New Yorker is not even leftist, it's a publication targeted at the NPR demographic, terminally midbrow managerial class boomer/gen x suburbanites who were unironically 'excited' about a Hillary presidency, and who by this point believe America is under Russian occupation. Essentially just smug neocons with a hard on for performative self flagellation.

I'm so sick of this 'beast of the East' hysteria.

Especially because these same liberals foam at the mouth if you so much as mention Joe McCarthy's name

There isn't any proper right-wing magazines/journals left, anything further right than Borges and you'll get refused at the printer.

Reminder McCarthy was later proven to be right about literally everything.

I'm one step ahead of you, user. I've already created a fake Microsoft profile that says I'm a 21-year-old girl from Los Angeles. I sent them a story, we'll see what happens.

>21-year-old girl from Los Angeles
You stupid fuck.

Your supposed to be from China or Korea.

i'm not right wing but i was pleasantly surprised by the the spectator's willingness to veer into controversial territory - i can't think of any of the broadsheets as brazen.

i've heard the salisbury review fits your criteria to a tee. not read it myself though.

There was an interview of Renaud Camus in The Spectator a few months ago (in November or December), and he's really, really further right than Borges.

Do it user

just red Tory then, close enough.

nah m8 they p much only publish solicited authors. its the kind of place you need an agent and an existing book deal to get in with

The Atlantic is as far right as American publications get, even though their editors formally endorsed Hillary.

whaaaa
what universe do you live in

Lol, this