Given that the majority of my cheaters are Asians would be it be racists for me to invigilate extra hard on Asians...

Given that the majority of my cheaters are Asians would be it be racists for me to invigilate extra hard on Asians during tests?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KFjOo00w-H8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only if 90% of your cheaters are Asian and 40% of your Asians are cheaters.

You mean asains?

Yes, sorry.

>Given that the majority of my cheaters are Asians would be it be racists for me to invigilate extra hard on Asians during tests?
Yes. Racism does not depend on whether your racial generalizations are accurate.

>9 times out of 10 a cheater is an Asian
>its still wrong to keep an eye on Asians to make sure they don't cheat.

There should be different words for racism that is correct and racism that's just irrational prejudice. Seems like racism being such a blanket term results in a lot of situations these days where people are arguing but the words being used mean completely different things and end up both thinking the other person is irrational.

Anyway OP you shouldn't do that because if the school finds out you'll get in trouble

no, that's institutionalized discrimination

But the Asians who don't cheat aren't being affected by it since if they don't cheat then they have nothing to worry about.

Being targeted for cheating does not justify your cheating.

It's discrimination in the sense that non-asians are getting an advantage, because if a white or black person cheats they'll be more likely to get away with it.

Ideally nobody should get away with cheating, but the liberal ideal would be for percentage of cheating success to be evenly distributed.

>Seems like racism being such a blanket term results in a lot of situations these days where people are arguing but the words being used mean completely different things and end up both thinking the other person is irrational.
I don't think I agree. I am of the opinion that acting on racial generalizations is judging people is bad whether or not these generalizations hold water. On my view, if you act in a perfectly sensible and wise way on a *completely accurate* notion that purple-skinned people tend to be dangerous, you are still a racist asshole.

A store has 1000 customers.
100 of those customers are thefts
90 of those thefts are black
120 of your customers are black
Whats the probability that a random black person is a theft?

90/120 or 3/4. But I would still consider it racism, and morally bad, to treat black and nonblack people any differently, even if those statistics were entirely correct.

So if a black and a white walk in the storeowner should treat them the same even tho they know there is a 75% chance the black is going to steal something?

I would argue that banning the black from the store is wrong, but just watching them doesn't actually affect the black since if they don't steal there is no real tangible detriment to being watched.

>So if a black and a white walk in the storeowner should treat them the same even tho they know there is a 75% chance the black is going to steal something?
Yes.

>just watching them doesn't actually affect the black since if they don't steal there is no real tangible detriment to being watched.
I think you underestimate how seriously demotivating and otherwise detrimental it is when people constantly watch you suspiciously and in general are not willing to trust you on anything. For reasons that have nothing to do with you personally, no less.

Having a shop keep watch you tho doesn't produce any tangible detriments to your life tho.

All it does it make it harder for you to steal

I think that getting constantly shit out by most of society has FAR more tangible detriments to someone's life than you seem to think. Any individual instance is a minor annoyance, but the overall pattern is another matter.

CULTURE CRASH
youtube.com/watch?v=KFjOo00w-H8

How imcompetent do you have to be to let cheating happen during test day?
And if you’re talking about bullshit take home assignments then just fuck off you wanker. Take that dick out of your ass

so what you're saying is

>YOU'RE A WHITE MALE

not at all. you're more likely to catch cheaters if you investigate those who are more likely to cheat.

of all the superficial characteristics that people judge others by, race is hardly the least informative.

Why not just watch the people who you know are cheaters?

>Get a student to infiltrate asains
>After a month have the student within the asains expose them
>???
>Profit