Take fish oil pills every day

>Take fish oil pills every day
>Drink lots of water
>Get 8 hours of sleep per night
>Go for a walk/run almost every day for 15-20 minutes
>Consume 20g sugar or less per day

And I still can't get motivated to do anything productive. What's the problem? I feel pretty good in terms of physical energy, but I never want to study or work on anything.

You're too redpilled and understand that both study and work are meaningless.

Why do you want to do anything productive? You need a purpose to get motivated.
For me it was hard to get up before 7AM. I realized that if I use this extra time in morning to study, I can prepare for classes and get most out of them. Meanwhile other students just go to classes unprepared and take time to get into what professor is saying (if they ever do)

Motivation is fleeting, discipline is the only thing that is actually real. Get into a routine and never change unless the change makes the routine more efficient or productive.

>Go for a walk/run almost every day for 15-20 minutes
Thats not enough, soyboy.
Also you seem to lack test. Unless you do short sprints for 20 minutes, just running/jogging will lower your test levels even more. You need to hit the gym and build some actual muscle mass, once you look good in the mirror then you will find motivation to do other things

>just running/jogging will lower your test levels even more.

>Motivation is fleeting, discipline is the only thing that is actually real.
>You need a purpose to get motivated.

what you call discipline and purpose are simply good work/study habits. motivation is more fundamental.

people with encephalitis lethargica (treatable with levodopa) do nothing. they do not move or respond to their surroundings.

rats without a certain type of dopamine receptor will not seek out food, even if it's placed right next to them, although they'll chew it if it's placed directly in their mouth.

Unironically get your test levels checked. Or get checked for ADHD and get those sweet sweet stiumulants.

>just running/jogging will lower your test levels even more
How?

>people with encephalitis lethargica (treatable with levodopa) do nothing. they do not move or respond to their surroundings.

"they would sit motionless and speechless all day in their chairs, totally lacking energy, impetus, initiative, motive, appetite, affect or desire; they registered what went on about them without active attention, and with profound indifference"

But if the rat had conscious discipline it'd eat regardless of desire. Discipline is important. Motivation is a meme that is a temporary replacement for what discipline gives you.

If I had low test, wouldn't I be low on energy too? I'm good on energy. In fact, I can't sit still and want to go play a sport or something.

The weird thing is though, I used to not be like this. I used to hate the outdoors and sports, and now I have so much energy I have to always be moving. Could ADHD come late like that?

Why not talk to your doctor instead of posting on a math forum?

I will if I have to, I just don't want to jump into conclusions yet.

Would caffeine help? I don't drink any at all.

no it wouldn't. the rats had defective brains. machines don't work right if they're missing important parts.

So you think your brain is retarded and you lack the ability to form a disciplined routine?

Your problem is you're stupid

Shall I tell you what changed my life regarding motivation?

Read Charles Duhigg's "The Power of Habit Book"

Also, get into deep, machiavellian books like 48 laws of Power.

>So you think your brain is retarded and you lack the ability to form a disciplined routine?

not OP. i don't know what's wrong with my brain. DRIs seem to be the only thing that give me energy, motivation, and focus comparable to what i've observed to be normal or functional levels. when i take them, i build disciplined routines. without them, i accomplish very little. there's a huge body of research indicating that dopamine is heavily involved with motivation, concentration, focus, drive, etc.

Yes dopamine is great but it's unreliable, the reason discipline works is because you still get close to the same outcomes regardless of what your biology is doing.

Anyway if you don't want to learn I don't care

Because that routine will make it easy for you to study, not automatically make you study. It's like getting Veeky Forums: it won't make you pick a lot girls, it will make it easier for you to hit on them and be successful at that. If you don't hit on them, you can be fucking Schwarzenegger, you won't get any.

But it doesn't make it easier for me to study either. I'll read something and it'll be hard to focus or I won't remember what I read, because I'll get distracted. Maybe my mind wonders or I get a song stuck in my head or something. Even if I discipline myself, it's hard to focus unless I'm completely motivated and wanting to do it, which isn't often.

suppose you use meth for a few months and burn out some of your dopamine neurons. do you think you could maintain your discipline then?

actually, you can test this without burning them out. take a dopamine antagonist for a few days. see what you feel like.