So my mom attempted suicide and is in a psychiatric hospital recently...

So my mom attempted suicide and is in a psychiatric hospital recently, and so because of that I'm going to take up a lot of the food that my family will eat for a while.

Besides turkey sandwiches (turkey, cheese, condoments) what are other easy make food options that I can get when going grocery shopping? Preferably nothing from a can and no microwave dinners.

I know this may be basic knowledge for some, but for the most part we either ate out or made home cooked meals.

What the fuck your mom tried to kill herself and you're worried about turkey sandwiches

Soups and stews. Barbecue meats.

We've already been dealing with that for some time now

Wow, sorry to hear that.

Learn to cook some items in bulk for the week. Learning to cook is one of the easiest ways to raise your standard of living

Chili
Spaghetti & meat sauce (store separately)
stew's
pulled pork

Get some red potatoes, chop them up into chunks about as big as a quarter (but chunks, not thin slivers) boil until soft and drain the water. Dice some ham then dump them both in a frying pan and add a tablespoon or two of butter, stir occasionally until the potatoes have a bit of a nice golden crust. Should look like the picture when it's cooked enough. Add a bit of salt but go easy, you don't want to accidentally use too much. If you use russet potatoes instead make sure you peel them before boiling.
People gotta eat dude.

whoops forgot my picture

Go with pastas. A super easy and lazy meal is getting a box of pasta, cooking it.

One or two jars of a sauce of your choosing from basic brands (You can use your own obviously if you know how to make one)

Tomatoes, mushrooms, other things you enjoys chopped up. I do tuna, tomatoes in the cheddar sauce. A spoonful of ricotta or skip it. Mix all that together while you run the noodles under cold water. Add the noodles and top with shredded cheese or bread crumbs then bake it. Its very easy, feeds many, lasts for a day or two and can be prepped in advance and frozen or fridged.

I think you guys overestimate my culinary ability here. I can make eggs, omelettes, sandwiches (turkey, grilled cheese, ect...).

Very basic stuff.

Then buy some turkey and cans of Spaghetti-O's, you dumb fuck. Don't ask for simple things to make then claim that spaghetti is too fucking hard to make. Any literal retard can make spaghetti, chili, chicken soup, etc.

Okay, I'll give it a try. I'm not trying to be offensive, this is all just very new for me.

Fried potatoes and ham is easier than it sounds, you're really just putting potatoes in water until they're soft (which is basically impossible to fuck up, you very literally couldn't burn it if you tried) then putting that and ham in a frying pan for a bit. Think of the frying part like making scrambled eggs that take longer to cook, you stir it often and when it's turned yellowish you're good.

From a guy who's mom did kill her self, sorry user.

Tacos, nachos, quesadillas, that sort of thing. It's super easy and there's need to be "authentic". The components refrigerate well and are great leftovers.

Start by getting comfortable seasoning and browning ground beef in a pan. For the love of god, do not forget to drain the grease off when you're finished. You can add ground beef a lot things- pasta and red sauce, sloppy Joe's, tacos, chili, even Hamburger Helper. Make a few COMFY dishes and you'll start getting more comfortable and confident in the kitchen. Good luck user.

As long as you're making sandwiches, grab a pound of freshly slice hard salami from the deli.

*no need to be "authentic"

get a rice cooker/pressure cooker unit. they start around 20 bucks on amazon. simple to use.

Pan cooking is easy, steaks, pork chops, chicken breasts... just make sure they're not too thick or sometimes they won't cook through (1-2cm thickness is good).

1st prepare your meat: if it was in the fridge leave it out on the counter to achieve room temperature, a couple minutes should suffice. Then salt and pepper that shit, don't be shy about it, if you can see the salt and pepper on the meat from a feet away, you're good to go.
Other things are great to add flavor, for example basil leaves work great with chicken.

2nd put the pan on the fire, medium high / high heat, sprinkle some oil or butter then wait until it's hot then add your meat. Despacito, don't wanna splash yourself with boiling oil.

3rd when you see some browning at the bottom of the meat (time depends on type of meat and size), turn it around.

4th take the meat out on to a plate, let it sit 5 to 10 minutes so all the juices stay inside when you cut it open.

That's it, for sides you can make a salad (don't even need to cook it), boil up some rice, boil some potatoes/pumpking and smash them with butter and salt, use the same pan with all those meat juices to stir fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, onions)... choices aplenty.
Otherwise just look up recipes online, this is what I did and now can cook pretty decent food.

Sorry to hear about your mom user, hope everything gets better.

Hot turkey sandwich.
Buy the turkey from the deli (whole muscle, not pressed like your pic).
Instant mashed potatoes.
Brown gravy (instant pack).
Toast bread.
Frozen peas.

That's a hearty meal that's super easy. Maybe a bit high in sodium, but nothing to go crazy about.

Stouffers' frozen lasagna is pretty edible.

Look up casserole recipes.

Tacos (American style) are easy.

>I think you guys overestimate my culinary ability here. I can make eggs, omelettes, sandwiches (turkey, grilled cheese, ect...).

That's what all of us could only do at some point too.

Does she do botox, though?

Yes she does Botox. Doesn't change the fact that her skin is very youthful and healthy looking, especially compared to others her age, thanks to taking care of it.

what the fuck

Tortillas
Ground beef or chicken breasts
Lettuce, if desired for added crunch
Chili beans
Corn
Diced tomatoes
Cheese
Rice
Cook the meat and rice. Cut up meat if necessary. Mix all things except cheese together. Lay out tortilla, spread desired sauces (guac, sour cream, etc) and layer of cheese and lettuce, put as much filling as will fit, wrap burrito.
Heat for 10 minutes at 350.
I do this for lunch on class/work days where I'm gone for 14 hours. I eat breakfast and take 2 with me. Very filling.

You can also easily bread pork chops or chicken breasts.
Bread crumbs
Meat
Flour
Eggs
Seasonging (I use Badia All-Seasoning)
Thaw meat (if necessary), dredge in flour, dredge in egg, dredge in breadcrumb/seasoning mix. Cook as necessary for the meat. You can side it with frozen vegetables.

You can cut up potatoes and fry them in a wok on the stove. Pour oil in the wok, enough to cover a layer of potatoes. Slice potatoes as desired. Make sure oil is hot enough (10 minutes on high ought to do) and add potatoes. Remove when golden brown. Season immediately as desired.

Google will help you, this is how I started and still do when in a rush.

They mispelled condiments, give them a break.