What's your favorite type of steak? I recently finished cooking some flank. I think I'm getting the hang of it...

What's your favorite type of steak? I recently finished cooking some flank. I think I'm getting the hang of it. Kinda wanna try bottom round next.

Skirt steak. Anything very fatty and thin desu

>bottom round

you plan on making stew?

Ribeye is my go to

Flap > skirt > flank

Obviously the best steak is the rib roast steak or tomahawk cut. But they expensive af

Not for next time. I'm just randomly picking cuts. I picked flank first because I like how it looks when it's uncooked. Like a big thing of taffy.

Flatiron

I like NY
T-Bone is bomb.
Top Sirloin is great for an everyday steak. Very healthy. Very tasty.
Ribeye varies too much, but a good one is tough to beat.
I buy Choice steaks at the grocery store (Vons) because I don't have $$$$. I am sure if you are rich you can buy nicer steaks. Alternatively, some people find Top Sirloin too expensive.

Ribeye is my favorite steak cut. Fatty with really awesome marbling if you get Choice or Prime, and about 1/3 of it is some of the most tender, ridiculously enjoyable meat you can possible get.

Rib steak is the only steak to be bothered with.

New York Strip. Every time I try ribeye or t-bone it has a really earthy harsh flavor that I find really offputting. NY is perfect every time.

Ribeye

I'd love to try taking on a tomahawk chop by my own. There was one time a 450g ribeye left me half full.

No such thing, try again

are london broils technically steak?
I like those cuts when prepped.

Ribeye... any other answer is wrong

Ribeye is too fatty imo. T-Bone is the GOAT cut.

Sirloin medium rare.

>Skirt steak. Anything very fatty and thin desu
Hard to beat a skirt steak. There are like sheets of fat wrapped meat that becomes crispy ribbons on top of each bite. Right off the grill, if cooked to medium, and not rare, there's this satisfying crispy-chewy crust that is somewhere between beef jerky richness flavor. So overlooked a cute. The argentines know when well done is also perfect on this cut. Slather on some chimichurri, and let the juices run into your sides, oh yea. Heavenly. So, that's #1.

For just buying steak to grill or cook at hom, I like a nystrip or ribeye most of the time for the nice and perfect cooking and good marbleing...it's fool proof and always good. If I'm going to a fine steak house and splurging, I will get a chateaubriand like at Berns, oh the shallots and reduction, mm. If I'm going somewhere all about the smoke though, it'll be bone-in like a porterhouse giving me the best of both cuts in mood. If I see a classic Delmonico, though, I'll want that!

I'm gonna be "that guy" and say filet mignon. Best cut there is and always comes out delicious if cooked properly.

Boneless NY in my typical go-to if I'm just looking to have a steak for dinner. If I had access to a grill I'd go bone-in, but boneless make it much easier to work with in a pan.

How do you cook your steaks? I find the easiest way to get a great steak is to sear on high heat (cast iron works best, but any thing that takes a high heat) and just transfer to 350 f oven. You just check after five minutes by touch to see if it is med rare. Sometimes it takes more time. This even works if you don't have time to let the steaks get to room temp. Just cook in oven longer. Easy, even cooking

I'm that guy too. A nice filet is the most satisfying food on Earth

Bottom round can make a decent steak if you marinate it and tendorize it.

not enough fat

16 oz NYS
Medium Rare
I like the brown extra brown and the pink extra pink
No A1

The best steak is [spoiler]a well-done one.[/spoiler]

t. Every black person

Elderly asians are like this too. My grandma has great taste in everything else but she won't eat a rare steak. She'll eat sushi, but not rare steak. It's pretty weird

Also I dunno why Veeky Forums is so obsessed with escaped slaves, it's like "if you have an experience that differs from mine you must be an escaped slave". Does most of this board live in the Mississippi Delta?

I worked at a TXRH for a few years and 99% of black people got their steaks Well Done.

I'm not obsessed, you're just an assuming bitch

well kinked to avoid slippage

What's the TXRH? Is that one of those for-profit prisons where the judge is the prison owner's cousin?

Texas Roadhouse, I assume.

>captcha: TURBO FINN
Nice, using this one

Correct.

Rump

Fillet steak all the way

how much is one of those in the states?

youropooor asking for comparison reasons

Depends entirely where you get it and what kind of quality it is.

If you're at the supermarket or butcher you can usually get a basic one (raw of course) for $10/lb, standard quality. If it's USDA prime grade (the highest of the standard ratings) it will be closer to double that. If you get special dry-aged beef from a small heritage farm then prices can go up from there.

At a restaurant expect to pay about double that. You could get a small ribeye steak from a low-end restaurant for under $20. At a fancy steakhouse you could be spending $50, or more.

so that whot be 20 € per kilo.. sounds rather cheap. i pay about 30 € for standart quality here in germany..sucks man

Grain-cut top blade steak?

>so that whot be 20 € per kilo

Yeah, that's about right. It will vary a bit though, sometimes it's a little more expensive, sometimes it's cheaper. I've bought ribeyes for as low as $6/lb before, but that was on sale.

Do americans really eat this?

USDA Select beef would usually not be sold to the public in Germany; the equivalent quality meat would be sold for industrial food production. You're paying a higher price mostly because the quality floor is higher in Germany

Not without a layer of American cheese™ and a healthy coating of steak sauce on top they don't.

I've lived in Germany for 2 years, and in the states for 3. The standard supermarket beef in the US (Choice or Select) are both superior to anything I found in a normal German market.

I have had better meat from restaurants in Germany but even "choice" from the US is no different. USDA has several other grades below choice; those are what get used for industrial use like TV dinners, canning, etc.

My sympathies, then. Beef in Bongistan is noticeably higher quality than Select, and in theory we share the same quality standards at the moment, until the idiots pull us out of the EU.

>T-Bone is the GOAT cut.
user, that doesn't make sense.

A porterhouse is quite literally a straight upgrade from a T-Bone. It seems like you don't know your cuts.

>USDA Select beef would usually not be sold to the public in Germany; the equivalent quality meat would be sold for industrial food production.
This is hilariously incorrect.

I guess ribeye, seems to be good every time. I like a nice boneless steak.

>Beef in Bongistan is noticeably higher quality than Select

I would disagree with that too. Half my family is from Essex, and I have two uncles who are both in the meat trade. They both worked their way up from being apprentice butchers as boys and now one of them is a meat wholesaler just about to retire and the other is in management of a chain of butcher shops. Both of them have visited other family in the US and they are very jealous of American beef by comparison--at least the standard stuff. They do say that they have fantastic beef in the UK--mainly from Scotland--but that's expensive as hell. The standard supermarket stuff? No contest US is better.

I boil my steak

>apprentice butchers as boys and now one of them is a meat wholesaler just about to retire and the other is in management of a chain of butcher shops.

Good job. Christ, it doesn't get any better than combining David Copperfield with Horatio Algier. I suppose Scrooge reformed of an evening and healed all the cripples in essex. Gawd bwess us evweyone!

i love whole skirt steak. i usually sear and finish in the oven or slowly cooked down and shredded for some dank ropa vieja.

>all these tards confusing intramuscular fat with quality
enjoy your antibiotics and hormones and bleach

My favorite is a ribeye. Second is a strip. Third would be chuck eye.

I think chuck steak is very underrated. Top round is garbage, even with high marble grade.